Gary O'Connor on the road back?

At least we finally have an answer to great "who ate all the pies" question :)

The rest of the Morton squad are only fitter because they do ten laps of him while he's getting his breath back after putting his boots on.

I agree to an extent - it's his talent to waste but it seems to always happen with talented scots. Most seem content to play off talent and never push themselves to get to a top level; guys like Ronaldo and Messi are examples of how to do it properly.

this is a good point , I went to school with kris Boyd and Michael Moffat and Moffat was twice the player Boyd was but Boyd took his chance and Moffat was running about Wi the boys every weekend enjoying life , he's only just getting credit at 30 when he should have been pro by 20 , boydy by no means was the perfect pro but he made the best of what he had ( and he was the best at it )

I have many mutual friends who share story's about the two and there are lots of similarities apart from kris capitalised on them .

I also have friends who played for rangers youths and hibs youths and fucked it up due to drink and women

Folk will try and blame the Scottish culture of boozing and drugs ect but O'Connor went to Russia for a new start and came back worse IMO.

Guys like this are only in football for money and to live a life of a teenager till they get too old or in this case past it before their time.

It's as you say a total waste of what was a promosing talent.

Russia would drive you to drink and drugs.