Alistair....." We slit our own throats "

bawsburst

The parable of The Emperor's New Clothes has sprung to mind many times over the past years of Alistair's tenure, it does so again today.

I thought it also applied to the "quality" of this "talented, young Utd side".

People said they would rip us apart.

They didn't. We did it for them, as it happens.

I thought it also applied to the "quality" of this "talented, you Utd side".

People said they would rip us apart.

They didn't. We did it for them, as it happens.

Yes of course you are one of the results are all that matter brigade.... did you notice the result yesterday.

Yes of course you are one of the results are all that matter brigade.... did you notice the result yesterday.

why are you so desperate to castigate the club you supposedly love? If you were at the game yesterday you will understand the support found some unity through the performance from the team on the park. It was a breath of fresh air and helped release some of the tension our much maligned support feel. We may have lost but all I ever ask is they give it their all. They did. We might not have had the class to get over the line but I was taught to show dignity in the face of defeat as long as you have gave it everything you have.Especially at such an important point in our future. A drop in St sales will be catastrophic. We should be selling the positives from yesterday in the hope it reminds people why they go and there is a light at the end of the tunnel not banging on about every perceived negative you can think up.

You wanted all the anti board fans to give it a rest and wait on the 120 day plan, how about you do the same with mccoist. Give it a rest. We all know he needs to go but we can't afford him to. The board you love so much can't afford to either hire or fire. So all you are doing is bitching and sniping when you know fine well nothing can be done about it. Why? What do you hope to achieve? Can you not try supporting?

We don't have the 'blue chip' player(s) who hurt oppositions. Guys like Cooper, Walters, Laudrup, etc.

also, that ruthless striker, stein Johnstone - dare I say it McCoist

Ok, financially we well never see their likes again but maybe there another Aluko or Ally out there.

Dare I say it-Boyd?

He's single handily dragging down our standards by each passing week. Why the fuck anyone is happy with a 3-1 defeat in a semi-final with a once in a lifetime chance to win it at the home of our rivals is beyond me. Last week was the same, Graham Wallace talking about reaching the Ramsdens cup final as if that was some sort of achievement. A fucking sad state of affairs and it doesn't look like getting any better with a poor board and an even worse manager, Struth, Wallace, Symon etc will be spinning in their graves at what we've become under McCoist.

I'm still deflated and with a mixture of emotions.

Since Xmas our performances have been dire and especially in the Ramsden's cup final, so I feared a major drubbing yesterday.

We had 4 or 5 top players missing too.

We played a bit better but I have no idea if that lot were below par or at their best.

Shiels and Daly missed a couple of sitters, poor defending and then the goalkeeper howler.

I was dreading this game but now I'm thinking if only....

why are you so desperate to castigate the club you supposedly love? If you were at the game yesterday you will understand the support found some unity through the performance from the team on the park. It was a breath of fresh air and helped release some of the tension our much maligned support feel. We may have lost but all I ever ask is they give it their all. They did. We might not have had the class to get over the line but I was taught to show dignity in the face of defeat as long as you have gave it everything you have.Especially at such an important point in our future. A drop in St sales will be catastrophic. We should be selling the positives from yesterday in the hope it reminds people why they go and there is a light at the end of the tunnel not banging on about every perceived negative you can think up.

You wanted all the anti board fans to give it a rest and wait on the 120 day plan, how about you do the same with mccoist. Give it a rest. We all know he needs to go but we can't afford him to. The board you love so much can't afford to either hire or fire. So all you are doing is bitching and sniping when you know fine well nothing can be done about it. Why? What do you hope to achieve? Can you not try supporting?

a breath of fresh air ?? Not stringing two passes together ? Ffs people like you make me so angry that you are willing to let our clubs standards hit an all time low and you pathetically come out with this pish .a breath of fresh air you say .My God

Playing against teams the standard of Dundee United every week I'd say Ally hasn't had enough time, but we are not are we? We are playing against Postmen and brick layers (honest work btw) and we have seen little to no progress. In fact, there is a very strong argument that despite numerous additions to the squad we have went backwards.

At the very least we have not moved forward.

YesterdAy was our best performance in a long time but we were still beaten by the better team.Just go through the two teams and honestly decide if there are any Rangers players you would not swap for the alternative utd player?

The last two defeats have just confirmed to us what we need to do, what we need to add to the squad, shorter term and longer term."

FFS

How can you possibly disagree with that?

Some of the players we have simply are not going to cut it long term, and some of the players we have are not good enough short term.

We need new additions to the squad, that isn't even debatable. But we need to get rid of players forst, we simply can NOT bloat the squad any further.