How long should McCoist get in the Championship?

I have no doubts we will win the Championship but over two years we have failed to make any tangible improvement on what was meant to be our road back to the top.

The only way to do that was to give our youth players plenty of games but when it came down to it we couldn't take the risk of not gaining consecutive promotions. Young lads would get booted off the park by these physical teams. We brought in tried and tested journeymen to do the job which they did.

We now have one full season to build a squad capable of challenging for the top title.

Remember folks one season to build a team worthy of the name.

If you expect us to be challenging for the SPFL title in our first year back you're gonna be very disappointed, regardless of who the manager is.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally had his chance and a fair crack at it to boot (thanks Walter?). His record of developing a worthy football team is abysmal and in line with his shocking signings and embarrassing cup results , an opportunity scorned. It is completely without reason and frankly insulting for Ally or anyone connected with the squad to peddle out this nonsense that we are progressing by winning the two titles in P/T leagues such as this. Everyone knows how stupid this is, yet they attempt to brainwash us by repeating it often and if this weren't so sad it'd be funny.

He was a great statesman for the fans and drove the season ticket sales for Green extremely well and was handsomely paid for this in wages & shares, this was his only achievement albeit a notable one. IMO he will never work in football management after Rangers because he is not capable...period.

For this reason he should not be given any time in the Championship and hopefully for all our sakes the board will recognise this and grow a pair by attempting to attract a football manager (please) for the close season and beyond. I accept the players will loose a great pal and comedian not to mention singer, but such is life.

A proper manager could hopefully stop the rot or we will all be watching car crash premier league football on our return to our rightful place if we even make it?

Come to think of it, the sheer amount of Ally bashing (never had to be like this) and related threads on how dreadful we are to watch, tells us all we need to know...no debate really.

The only way to do that was to give our youth players plenty of games but when it came down to it we couldn't take the risk of not gaining consecutive promotions. Young lads would get booted off the park by these physical teams. We brought in tried and tested journeymen to do the job which they did.

If you expect us to be challenging for the SPFL title in our first year back you're gonna be very disappointed, regardless of who the manager is.

Sorry if you expect Rangers not to be challenging for the title every-time they compete then you have low expectations.

If we're falling far behind by christmas say 9-12 pts off the top and further decline looks likely then he needs to go as we'll need a fresh change to try and save the season but if we've maybe just had a shaky start but look odds on to win the league then it would be stupid to unsettle everything and risk it all going pear shaped with an unnecessary change.

9 points off the top at xmas? if that was the case he would be well gone. However, i just dont see that happening. We will buy players that will romp this league and ally will be safe as houses.

I'll put this too you though - if things are a disaster at the start, he will be sacked by Halloween, as there is no way the board shareholders or fans will tolerate even the chance of us not getting promotion.

Some people just want to keep on buying titles as we are doing just now, and firmly believe that's why we need King to invest £30m, so we can't win the SPL and get back into Europe. These people don't ha e any answers for after that £30m is gone.

Some people just want to keep on buying titles as we are doing just now, and firmly believe that's why we need King to invest £30m, so we can't win the SPL and get back into Europe. These people don't ha e any answers for after that £30m is gone.

What titles have we "bought" then...?

Well if that incompetent stays I'll be staying away! Just not good for a man of my age sorry.

Win a league without a single loss and you're incompetent?

I fear for your kids' self-esteem, if you have any and haven't returned them to the maternity ward as faulty.

Aye, that's true enough. If they can get it together before the first day of the season will they still be subject to a point deduction?

Someone posted the rule stating they had to be out by the end of the previous (this) season. Might find the link later.

They are currently projected, all going well, to be out of Admin in mid June, which is after and would entail a deduction.

Win a league without a single loss and you're incompetent?

I fear for your kids' self-esteem, if you have any and haven't returned them to the maternity ward as faulty.

if your kid is 18 and doing maths test against primary 1's, he doesnt get a fucking party for beating them. well he shouldnt anyway

if your kid is 18 and doing maths test against primary 1's, he doesnt get a fucking party for beating them. well he shouldnt anyway

He doesn't have to win, just tell the 6 year olds that he did. They won't know any better. Do I get an invite to this party then or what? :locked:

If we go through next season unbeaten, win the league by 40 points yet play poorly, do you really think that Ibrox will be deserted? I believe that the test next season will be pure and simple to win the league, even dare I say, by winning ugly.

And if Cheryl Cole comes round my house saying "I've brought your cheque for £20m from Camelot, can I give you a blow-job?" I would probably say "wire in, hen..."

Which is as likely as your scenario.....

(tu)

Ok but he shouldn't get expelled either for not doing hard enough sums.

thats not the point - if he is beating 6 year olds at basic sums then he should quietly go about his day. not complain that he wasnt given enough time to study, or that its unfair that he doesnt have a calculator to do the sums even though the 6 year old dont have one. but if he was wining about how tough his lot is and how well he is doing, then he certainly should be informed that he has nothing to boast about and if he doesnt get his shit together he'd be as well trying something else, because this certainly aint working.