Rangers players contracts

WilliamFyfe

We're clueless when it comes to things like this, went through a stage of losing players due to freedom of contract and now we just sign them up anyway then take a hit a few months down the line.

Only offer new contracts if they are going to improve the team, we've got kids to fill jerseys if need be.

This is the irony of the Hemmings issue, I don't actually blame us for releasing him but that would still have made more sense than the deals given to the likes of Hegarty and Kal Naismith.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the irony of the Hemmings issue, I don't actually blame us for releasing him but that would still have made more sense than the deals given to the likes of Hegarty and Kal Naismith.

Mitchell as well? And Cole?

Shocking way to run a business.

Yea I had no qualms with Hemmings, don't think he could cut it at Ibrox plus he would more than likely have been put down the pecking order by someone older anyway.

Mitchell as well? And Cole?

Shocking way to run a business.

Yea I had no qualms with Hemmings, don't think he could cut it at Ibrox plus he would more than likely have been put down the pecking order by someone older anyway.

Yep, McCoist has to take blame as well since he virtually admitted he wanted these players to get deals just in case he didn't get who he wanted in the summer. If he didn't rate them then he should have said end of.

Yep, McCoist has to take blame as well since he virtually admitted he wanted these players to get deals just in case he didn't get who he wanted in the summer. If he didn't rate them then he should have said end of.

He has a major part in it as well as the board for sanctioning them, as I've said before on that subject though - I believe the board felt they had to back Ally to the hilt in order to stave off what we're currently seeing now with regards the season tickets.

I have no doubt he wanted players he doesn't rate kept on on order to have extra bodies.

Let go..

STEVE SIMOSEN - 35 years old

CRIBARI - EMÍLSON - 34 years old

Savings: £5k a week?

£260,000

Let go next summer

ROSS PERRY - 24

LEE MCCULLOCH - 35

IAN BLACK - 29

CHRIS HEGARTY - 21

RICKY FOSTER - 28

JON DALY - 31

Savings £25k a week?

£1.3 Million

Maybe a sign it will be their last Home game before they go this summer which is a good gesture from Ally.

Exactly. For goodness sake, he's doing the decent thing and letting these guys get their final game at Ibrox and people still have something to moan about.

All of this negativity that's surrounding the club seems to be infesting throughout the support.

I'd keep Andy Little. The lad unfortunately had a few injuries this season but he'll come good. I think it's clear that Cribari is away and even Simonsen. Hutton will most likely go as well, giving the fact that he came on, on Saturday for no real purpose other than to say goodbye.

I don't imagine Hegarty or Gasparatto being on that much money therefore, giving their age and potential I suggest we keep them. No point in touting our youth players to play more games then releasing 2 of them. I actually thought Hegarty was coming onto a decent game before a shocking injury.

I would let go of Stevie Smith though. Not sure why we need a back-up left back when A) Wallace hardly misses a game and B) it's a lot of money he'll be on giving the fact we do have youth back-up.

McCulloch should be kept on but on reduced terms, possibly even a pay as you play type of deal.

Little is worth keeping as he can play RW and ST which offers good back up and he always gives 100%.

Hutton is worth keeping for cover and competition if Ally starts basing his selections on form(one can dream).

Perry is too far back in the CB pecking order so releasing him would make sense.

all out of contract players are leaving the club i have a close friend on the 1st team playing staff others have akready been told to find a club they include heggarty perry gallacher and crawford if not they will go out on loan to run down their deals. boyd and scott allan are done deals the inttest in gunning has cooled and hutcheson is 50/50 mclean is unlikely now as premireship clubs are sniffing ! one name being mentioned as a possible is a boy called wallace at huddersfield 21yr old centre back ex falkirk i been told

Murray Wallace. He was a Rangers youngster.

Bye-Bye

STEVE SIMOSEN - 35 years old

CRIBARI - EMÍLSON - 34 years old

One Year Deal - if no major improvement then bye-bye

KYLE HUTTON - 23 years old

ANDY LITTLE - 24 years old

Deals ending next summer

SCOTT GALLACHER - 24 - keep

ROSS PERRY - 24 bye

SÉBASTIEN FAURE - 23 bye

BILEL MOHSNI - 26 keep

LUCA GASPAROTTO - 18 keep

LEE MCCULLOCH - 35 bye

IAN BLACK - 29

CHRIS HEGARTY - 21 bye

RICKY FOSTER - 28

STEVEN SMITH - 28 keep

JON DALY - 31 bye

Mostly easy decisions with the exceptions of Foster and Black. Both have proven experience in the SPL so I'd see how they perform in the championship before binning either of them.

Am in agreement with all those but I'd also keep Black & Foster for another year unless we can get somebody better. They are good enough as cover and could hold their own against most teams in the Premier

I wouldn't be averse to Stevie Smith and Sebastien Faure continuing as squad players. As far as defensive cover goes, neither are below par. Luca Gasparotto has the potential to be in our starting eleven in coming years.

Still can't make up my mind on Andy Little. I appreciate his talent, loyalty and relative youth, but injuries have really hampered his progress.

Simonsen - Release

Cribari - Release

Hutton - Release

Little - Not sure

Gallacher - Keep

Perry - Release

Faure - Not Sure

Mohsni - Keep

Gasparatto - Keep

McCulloch - Release

Black - Keep

Hegarty - Release

Foster - Not Sure

Smith - Not Sure

Daly - Release

Not one of those players is good enough for the top division. They should all go.

With a year left on his deal McCoist should be telling Daly he's free to find a new club. Come SPL year he'll be what 33. Already seen this season he can't move.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ally gave "big Jon and wee Blackie" extensions to honest it's a joke the amount these charlatans are taking off us every week