Kenny Miller heading back to Scotland

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who still thinks we're getting a quality player is kidding themselves, Vancouver are a pish outfit and as far as I'm aware they never exactly fought tooth and nail to keep him (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

He'd be a bit part/impact sub at any other club he goes to at this stage in his career but guaranteed if McCoist gets him he won't miss a minute of the season for us.

And before anyone refers to that video of him supposedly having a good game. Bradley Wright Phillips is averaging a goal every 2 games in the MLS and he's utter dugmeat.

Miller is head and shoulders above anyone we have at present,its a no brainer and would be a major coup for Rangers.He could also teach a few of our team in the art of how to play the game.Unfortunatly dont think its gonnae happen......

Miller is head and shoulders above anyone we have at present,its a no brainer and would be a major coup for Rangers.He could also teach a few of our team in the art of how to play the game.Unfortunatly dont think its gonnae happen......

A 34 year old striker would be a major coup? Are you for real?

Don't we have coaches who are meant to do that? If our strikers don't know much already then I'd be worried. Learning from ex-pros can only go so far. If that's what you think he will bring, then why doesn't Ally save himself the bother and have them have a chat with Jukebox?

Why should I stop referring to his Pace? Because it upsets you? Get a gip

Aye, it upsets me. I'm deeply upset. Shut up.

You should stop referring to it because it's irrelevant. Any Rangers fan born south of 2008 knows that Miller isn't a striker reliant on his speed and pace, nipping in behind defenders or latching onto through balls.

Therefore, your cries of "his pace is goooooone, his legs are goooooone" are pish.

Kenny Miller, in this day and age, is better than what we currently have. Deal with it.

Aye i am for real....he is miles ahead of anyone we have at this present time.Rangers do not have the luxury of blooding players.We have to get up as quickly as possible and Miller will help us do that no problem.

Good choice of words. Fitting to suit your argument.

If we're talking about a 34 year-old Ross Tokeley, Darren Dods or someone similar, then no, it's a horrific signing.

However, we're talking about a player who still has a lot in the tank; a player who, this time last year, was banging in a double against Wayne Rooney's England at Wembley. Miller was an intelligent striker and still is. He would be a huge asset to this club.

I genuinely believe you've forgotten that we were liquidated, relegated to the bottom tier, had any player of any value walk out on us and at this moment in time, don't have a fucking pot to piss in as our boardroom is in chaos.

If we're talking about a 34 year-old Ross Tokeley, Darren Dods or someone similar, then no, it's a horrific signing.

However, we're talking about a player who still has a lot in the tank; a player who, this time last year, was banging in a double against Wayne Rooney's England at Wembley. Miller was an intelligent striker and still is. He would be a huge asset to this club.

I genuinely believe you've forgotten that we were liquidated, relegated to the bottom tier, had any player of any value walk out on us and at this moment in time, don't have a fucking pot to piss in as our boardroom is in chaos.

The irony of this statement is superb. Accuse me of picking words to suit my argument and then you sugarcoat him scoring in an international friendly by mentioning Wayne Rooney.

You judge a player on one performance all you like, meanwhile in the real world I'll look at the bigger picture and see that 13 goals in 43 games in an absolute piss poor league isn't the form of a player at the top of his game, it's the form of a player on his way out. I dare say he'll come up against SOME tougher defences in the championship than he has in the MLS so we'll see how that pans out if he does in fact sign.

The irony of this statement is superb. Accuse me of picking words to suit my argument and then you sugarcoat him scoring in an international friendly by mentioning Wayne Rooney.

You judge a player on one performance all you like, meanwhile in the real world I'll look at the bigger picture and see that 13 goals in 43 games in an absolute piss poor league isn't the form of a player at the top of his game, it's the form of a player on his way out. I dare say he'll come up against SOME tougher defences in the championship than he has in the MLS so we'll see how that pans out if he does in fact sign.

I used Wayne Rooney's name to emphasise the achievement, while you've chosen to use "international friendly" to play it down. There is no irony, only hypocrisy on your part.

I'm not even entertaining the rest. The MLS is piss poor, even when comparing it to Scotland? Tougher defences in the Championship? There are three words for this nonsense - fuck off, mate.

I used Wayne Rooney's name to emphasise the achievement, while you've chosen to use "international friendly" to play it down. There is no irony, only hypocrisy on your part.

I'm not even entertaining the rest. The MLS is piss poor, even when comparing it to Scotland? Tougher defences in the Championship? There are three words for this nonsense - fuck off, mate.

Why Rooney's name to emphasise the achievement? He's a striker, completely irrelevant. And saying international friendly isn't playing it down it's stating a fact, that's all it was.

Instead of your childish response of "fuck off mate" why don't you prove me wrong and tell me what a class league the MLS is and perhaps name some of the seemingly brilliant defenders Miller has came up against over there?

And you may want to check your facts again before claiming he scored a double against England.

I don't care how good his actual goal was, dont give him credit for someone elses too

You have no idea if you honestly think Kenny wasn't hugely reliant on his pace, his game was all about running channels, closing down defenders, playing on the shoulder, and giving his own defence a breather with his endless energy up top.

during his second spell he hit a real purple patch, and with it came more confidence, he's a decent player but is a real confidence player, I don't know if his pace is gone, what I do know though is he was always heavily reliant on it, whether that was down to the way Walter Smith used him for Scotland/Rangers is another thing though.

I don't care how good his actual goal was, dont give him credit for someone elses too

You have no idea if you honestly think Kenny wasn't hugely reliant on his pace, his game was all about running channels, closing down defenders, playing on the shoulder, and giving his own defence a breather with his endless energy up top.

during his second spell he hit a real purple patch, and with it came more confidence, he's a decent player but is a real confidence player, I don't know if his pace is gone, what I do know though is he was always heavily reliant on it, whether that was down to the way Walter Smith used him for Scotland/Rangers is another thing though.

I'm not a huge fan of YouTube clips of footballers as they only show the good bits but I think looking at the one of Miller in this thread and listening to the way the commentators speak of him it's fair to say he's a player that's expected to chase balls lumped forward for him.

The commentator does say after the first goal though that he's not the quickest in the MLS but he is useful over SHORT PERIODS. Make of that what you want.