Kenny Miller heading back to Scotland

Some people on here seem to heftily dislike our ex-players, our current players, our manager, our coaching staff, our kit-man(!), their own national team and football as a sport in general.

Away n' play Monopoly, ya sad cunts.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd sign him in a heartbeat, he is a better player than anyone at the club in his position but thats not the only thing, its his work ethic, his professionalism, his experience and the fact that he is a natural leader, I think he would be invaluable to our younger players, particularly Nicky Clarke, I also think his running would see our style of play change dramatically, we'd be looking to get in behind a lot more teams more often than play the long ball to Daly's head/chest.

I can understand why fans wouldn't want a player his age but I think some signings can be the exception rather than the rule, Kenny for me falls into this catagory.

This could quite easily develop into a Ally bash thread...and if Ally wants Miller for punts up the park Hearts will thrash us.

To be fair at least Miller will run for it so that tactic will work a lot better than the current "lump it forward and find Daly"

Still a shite tactic all the same.

I'd sign him in a heartbeat, he is a better player than anyone at the club in his position but thats not the only thing, its his work ethic, his professionalism, his experience and the fact that he is a natural leader, I think he would be invaluable to our younger players, particularly Nicky Clarke, I also think his running would see our style of play change dramatically, we'd be looking to get in behind a lot more teams more often than play the long ball to Daly's head/chest.

I can understand why fans wouldn't want a player his age but I think some signings can be the exception rather than the rule, Kenny for me falls into this catagory.

34 and 15 goals in last three years? How will he be against teams that sit in ( and there are lots of them). Oh yes and "loyalty" "commitment" how do you think that will be. More clubs than Jack Nicklaus and want to plat for us for the third time FFS. No chance, beginning to wish I hadn't renewed so quickly.

34 and 15 goals in last three years? How will he be against teams that sit in ( and there are lots of them). Oh yes and "loyalty" "commitment" how do you think that will be. More clubs than Jack Nicklaus and want to plat for us for the third time FFS. No chance, beginning to wish I hadn't renewed so quickly.

23 goals in the last 3 years mate. Took him 86 games to do it though.

Kenny miller of 4/5 years ago is the exact kind of player we need....someone with pace who can run in behind. Unfortunately Kenny is long past his best and there is no logic in paying big wages to a player with no residual value....have we learned nothing?

Actually sickened to see Rangers supporters 'happy' about the possibile signing of a 34/35 year old who's only asset is now gone.

Same old Rangers, always looking into the past and fuck the future.

We bring it all on ourselves and always have done.

If we can pick up Miller on a pay for play contract or for a few grand a week it would be a decent signing.

Rangers just don't have the money to sign top young players, the way things are going we'll be doing well just to keep the current squad together.

A few grand a week for a finished 34/35 year old :( :( :( :(

You think thats decent?

Probably better than anything we can afford at the minute.

This idea that we can attract top young players with little money while playing lower league football in Scotland is just daft.

Won't get any better than KM at the minute unless Abramovich buys us.

Probably better than anything we can afford at the minute.

This idea that we can attract top young players with little money while playing lower league football in Scotland is just daft.

Won't get any better than KM at the minute unless Abramovich buys us.

There are plenty of players who can offer more than Kenny Miller for a few grand a week...one is at our club and is called Nicky Clark....

But aye lets just let him rot on the bench as we bring in a guy who is long past his best, Pace is gone, engine is shot now and has no sell on value.

Only at Rangers.

We are having to approach the likes of Miller thanks to McCoist's failure to put his faith in players like Clark or Hemmings or Gallagher.

And it won't change. As the pressure increases so will the need to find a ready made player to walk right in to the team.

Miller and Boyd make sense if the cost is affordable. Unfortunately it also further evidences the uncomfortable fact that Ally McCoist has a default position that looks to the past rather than the future. A sign of a good manager is the ability to unearth and develop the talent of the future.