29 years ago today.

HeHaw

56 People lost their lives to a horrible event at Bradford. Not sure how many people have seen the footage, especially the younger bears but here it is anyway. I don't think it is given the same coverage as Hillsbrough in England. Not sure how to embed the videos etiher.

R.I.P to the 56.

Was anyone charged with murder?

Manslaughter would have been correct charge if negligence was proven.

It was an old wooden stand and if I remember it was accidental some rubbish under the stand caught fire, possibly from a match or cigarette. Remember watching it on TV, like Hillsborough it was horrible just watching pour souls suffering. The majority of football stadiums really were pretty primitive right up to the eighties and nineties with barely adequate safety precaution.

There's not the same atmosphere at the game now due to seated fans, less crowding and better safety standards, but the tragedies of the 70s and 80s are the main reason I would not want to go back to the old standing and crowding in packed terraces.

It was an old wooden stand and if I remember it was accidental some rubbish under the stand caught fire, possibly from a match or cigarette. Remember watching it on TV, like Hillsborough it was horrible just watching pour souls suffering. Football stadiums really were pretty primitive right up to the eighties.

There's not the same atmosphere at the game now due to seated fans, less crowding and better safety standards, but the tragedies of the 70s and 80s are the main reason I would not want to go back to the old standing and crowding in packed terraces.

Ah right I thought it was arson the way they were celebrating.

Ah right I thought it was arson the way they were celebrating.

In the late sixties during winter rain and snow, at low attendance matches at Ibrox there used to be wee fires lit on the terraces, usually with the cardboard boxes used by the cheese and spam roll man. Especially down the cellic end which was uncovered and lower down the Copland Road end. Different days indeed. Nobody bothered then about safety too much.

Am sure it wasn't live on TV till the fire happened, as there were few live games then. Bradford had been presented with the league trophy that day which was probably the reason the cameras were there. The fans on the park were celebrating the trophy win and just being on the pich till they realised the full extent of what was happening.

Went down to see rangers v Chelsea at the old Stamford bridge not long after that horrible day

And all the proceeds from the game went to the

Bradford disaster fund. Can't believe it was 29 years ago to absent friends.

Yes,I went to that.......RIP the 56

I remember that disaster. That's the first time I've seen all that footage though. A horrifying example of how devasting a fire can be. Looking at that footage it appeared that if you were within 60-80 yards of that fire so it's full extent that you could have been seriously burned. Also, next time you feel that the Police Service are this or that look at the way some of these officers were rescuing supporters from that blaze. Heroes one and all.

Peace and honour to the 56 who didn't arrive home that day.