Pre-Season Tour Confirmed

North Rd

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're going to do that we should be laying something else on over there trying to push the brand, outside of the match.

I doubt anyone near any of they venues will know we are there apart from the people going to the match.

There will probably be a match added at Ibrox at a later date but an away match at a English Championship side would have been nice.

People do realise there will pre season friendlies still be announced and this is just a pre-season training camp? We used to do the same every year in Germany and play German 4th division teams, it's a warm up.

Some people just love a good old moan. :lol:

I have just called the ticket office and had them confirm that the game on July 23 is against the new Ottawa Fury FC at Lansdowne Park, Ottawa kick off 7 p.m.

This is their first season in the NASL. Record is pld 7 pts 7.

The NASL is like a feeder league for the MLS

I have just called the ticket office and had them confirm that the game on July 23 is against the new Ottawa Fury FC at Lansdowne Park, Ottawa kick off 7 p.m.

This is their first season in the NASL. Record is pld 7 pts 7.

The NASL is like a feeder league for the MLS

Which is 3000 miles from where we play to days before.

People do realise there will pre season friendlies still be announced and this is just a pre-season training camp? We used to do the same every year in Germany and play German 4th division teams, it's a warm up.

Pot, meet Kettle.

In fairness it barely looks like we've got any available dates left

Here are the details on the opponents and locations of the "pre-season tour" matches:

Ventura County Fusion announcement

Ventura County Sportsplex

Stadium_Kick_Off_2a-web.jpg

Republic FC announcement

Bonney Field

bhl07d9cmaa-i-1.jpg

(Wondering if the monorail and bounce house will be ready in time for the match...)

Victoria Highlanders announcement

Centennial Stadium

uvic_fields.jpg

I'm incredibly disappointed by this tour, but I'm sure that supporters on the other side of the continent are elated. Still, higher profile matches (not necessarily top tier) in more central locations (NYC, Orlando, Toronto, proper Los Angeles, proper Vancouver, etc.) would have made for more exciting events and would have brought more supporters out to see Rangers in person. I suspect that Rangers could accomplish their goals for this trip with far less hassle and travel in Europe, but maybe that's the point. Maybe getting the team away to remote locations will keep them clear of the shite that seems to follow the Club wherever it goes. (Or doesn't.)

Oh, well.

I hope the West Coast Bears have a few great days out and that Rangers return to America sooner rather than later!

Would have been great to see an MLS team (Toronto?), or even more attractive lower division teams like Orlando City (moving up to MLS in 2015); but at the same time elated to have the chance to possibly see them for the first time in 7 years. Hoping the unconfirmed match is Ottawa or I will likely have to break the bank to see them play on the other side of the continent in Victoria.

Just hope the level of opposition we're facing this time isn't used to discredit the idea of coming back to America in the future, our failure to do anything here over the years has been a massive own goal imo, especially in the Beasley-Edu and then Edu-Bedoya-Bocanegra years.

Here are the details on the opponents and locations of the "pre-season tour" matches:

Ventura County Fusion announcement

Ventura County Sportsplex

Stadium_Kick_Off_2a-web.jpg

Republic FC announcement

Bonney Field

bhl07d9cmaa-i-1.jpg

(Wondering if the monorail and bounce house will be ready in time for the match...)

Victoria Highlanders announcement

Centennial Stadium

uvic_fields.jpg

I'm incredibly disappointed by this tour, but I'm sure that supporters on the other side of the continent are elated. Still, higher profile matches (not necessarily top tier) in more central locations (NYC, Orlando, Toronto, proper Los Angeles, proper Vancouver, etc.) would have made for more exciting events and would have brought more supporters out to see Rangers in person. I suspect that Rangers could accomplish their goals for this trip with far less hassle and travel in Europe, but maybe that's the point. Maybe getting the team away to remote locations will keep them clear of the shite that seems to follow the Club wherever it goes. (Or doesn't.)

Oh, well.

I hope the West Coast Bears have a few great days out and that Rangers return to America sooner rather than later!

Did some looking into SacRep a few days ago and they got 20k for a game the other week there, think it must have been in their new stadium? They were already regretting building the stadium so small!:lol: I get what you are saying about central locations. I was going to be in LA around about that time to have moved things around to fit in Sacramento for a couple of days!

If money is so tight why are they going to america when you could drive over the border and play lower league english teams

Because Rangers aren't paying for it.

Expenses will be covered by organizers and sponsors. Rangers will most likely be paid a fee to participate in the trip.