Fernando Ricksen

gordov

Apologies is there is already a topic on the man above.

There is a tribute dinner being held in his honour tonight at the Thistle hotel in Glasgow, where Fernando will be making an appearance. I know the circumstances our club finds itself at the moment aren't great, but I find it so hard to believe we couldn't have arranged a game for one of our old club captains, who is in such great need of help.

We have known about his situation for a while, and while Ibrox is being used for the Commonwealth games, surely a game could have been organised before the end of the season?!

He needs out help and the powers at be either couldn't care less or don't even know. I hope it's not too late when something is planned.

Just finished reading his book and it is heart breaking.

Yeah me too, I just finished this morning. The first half is great, but the second half is very difficult to read.

We still have time to help out, perhaps it's time for UoF and all the others to protest for this, something achievable and worthwhile rather than divisive topics which have no real chance of success. This is something which would unite all fans but more importantly give something back to a man who is a Rangers legend and in need of support emotionally and for his charity.

I wasn't aware the book had been released in English?!

It just show how shabby and bad run our club has become. In the past we would have been there to help in an instant, our club is unrecognisable.

I went to the club shop to buy it last week. They didnt have it so i had to get it from amazon. I wouldnt have minded paying extra if it was going to the club.

I was there. Fernando did a book signing and posed for photographs. Was easy to see how tired he was but was still happy to sit there and sign autographs and speak away when he could. If you didn't know you'd never guess apart from his speech that he had this terrible illness.

Bomber was mc and brilliant. Sandy Strang and bill Copland were speakers and were brilliant. Ex players That were there. The goalie Marvin Andrews, Alex Rae, Nacho Novo Derek Johnstone and Charlie Miller.

while its sad to see what he's going through, in no way should the club be getting grief for not arranging a benefit match, we never have done before for our legends have we?

with the amount of ex-players and managers that could potentially need a benefit match it just wouldnt be possible to pick and choose who to support, and it could be argued that fernando's large wage from his time with us, nevermind elsewhere will see him and his family okay, older legends in times of garbage wages would need our help a lot more

while its sad to see what he's going through, in no way should the club be getting grief for not arranging a benefit match, we never have done before for our legends have we?

with the amount of ex-players and managers that could potentially need a benefit match it just wouldnt be possible to pick and choose who to support, and it could be argued that fernando's large wage from his time with us, nevermind elsewhere will see him and his family okay, older legends in times of garbage wages would need our help a lot more

Spot on

I see what you are saying but for me it is not about money as any profits raised should go to a MND charity. My Rangers memories begin from around the early 90's. I don't remember or know of a player that was diagnosed with a disease that has a 0% survival rate. Cancer as terrible as it is at least has a decent survival rate now compared to the 70's or so and as time goes on it seems to get lower. This would be possibly our last chance to show our appreciation for Fernando AND also bring in some much needed funds and awareness for research into brain diseases which we as humans barely understand.

For me, this should go ahead ASAP.

I'm angry at the folk running the club.

It's shocking we've not held a match for him and donated all money to him and his family as well as raising awareness of the disease.

If Celtic can do it for stan why can't we?

Fernando is a legend. And if he goes soon the club will regret it big time.

That video of the woman singing is sad. Had to stop.