May as well get a bad performance out the way early doors while you can get away with it...to be fair to Kukushkin he did play some fantastic returns.

At least Andy will only get better and better as the tournament goes on.

Given he's coming off a win at Queens and arguably the form season of his career; this first round performance doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Murray fractionally behind Djokovic as second favourite for the tournament. He's definitely in with a chance.

Given he's coming off a win at Queens and arguably the form season of his career; this first round performance doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Murray fractionally behind Djokovic as second favourite for the tournament. He's definitely in with a chance.

Yeah I agree...it really is nothing to worry about.

So Bouchard goes out...which really isn't a surprise, she's been awful this year, 8 wins in total I think and now out the top 20 with her dropped points and Halep went out today as well...yet another shock.

Shocks seem to be happening more regularly in the women's game right now compared to the men's for sure.

It's strange how andy always adapts his game and tactics to the opponent rather than the other way about. He obviously looks at the opponents game and puts in place tactics which he rigidly sticks to - even if those tactics put him on the back foot a lot.

He'll probably lose to David Goffin today, but Liam Broady is a certain top 100 player.

He's probably as good as the likes of James Ward, and is much younger.

I like the look of Broady, looks a good athlete on court as well, he'll improve in time for sure. Agree that he's as good as Ward is now, no disrespect to Ward but I think being in the top 100 is pretty much as good as he's going to get. I'd be amazed if he progressed above 85-90 in the world.

In terms of Davis Cup though I don't see how you can't pick Murray and Bedene though, those two are a level above the others. Murray obviously picks himself and Bedene is a top 50 player talent-wise once he gets his act together. A nice run here could potentially get him to the mid-50's in the rankings.

I like the look of Broady, looks a good athlete on court as well, he'll improve in time for sure. Agree that he's as good as Ward is now, no disrespect to Ward but I think being in the top 100 is pretty much as good as he's going to get. I'd be amazed if he progressed above 85-90 in the world.

In terms of Davis Cup though I don't see how you can not pick Murray and Bedene though, those two are a level above the others. Murray is second only to Djokovic and Bedene is a top 50 player talent-wise once he gets his act together. A nice run here could potentially get him to the mid-50's in the rankings.

The only logic to not pick Bedene is the 'isn't really British' argument. He's clearly the 2nd best player available for selection.

Coming off a good win against Stepanek he's playing a very beatable Troicki next.

The only logic to not pick Bedene is the 'isn't really British' argument. He's clearly the 2nd best player available for selection.

Coming off a good win against Stepanek he's playing a very beatable Troicki next.

I don't really get that argument though, but the LTA are a notoriously political lot, "who you know" goes a long way there. Like that Taekwondo lad who was world no.1 and didn't get picked in the Olympics, the LTA can come out with some bizarre decisions.

Back to Bedene though if he gets past Troicki his reward is likely a 3rd round match with Nadal, who I'm still struggling to be impressed by at the minute, half his shots seem to land in the service box.

I don't really get that argument though, but the LTA are a notoriously political lot, "who you know" goes a long way there. Like that Taekwondo lad who was world no.1 and didn't get picked in the Olympics, the LTA can come out with some bizarre decisions.

Back to Bedene though if he gets past Troicki his reward is likely a 3rd round match with Nadal, who I'm still struggling to be impressed by at the minute, half his shots seem to land in the service box.

Nadal will go out early. He's been lucky that the early round draws have been good to him so he has had time to find his feet, but he'll go out the first decent player he plays.