Rangers will always give youth chance - McCoist

Can anyone name me one previous Rangers manager who gave more youth a chance than Ally has, opposition notwithstanding?

McLeish probably did. Certainly if you take into account the types of transfer targets he went for.

Guys like Hutton, Burke, Smith, McCormack and Adam were given their chances, but not only this, guys like Boyd and Ian Murray were much younger transfers than you see McCoist going for at present.

I also dont think you can rule out the opposition we are playing when making this comparison. Teams from the SPL loan players out to lower league teams to get experience as they should be of the quality required to get game time and through this come back stronger.

Even Wenger at Arsenal fields his youth teams when playing lower league sides, again to help them progress.

McCoist seems reluctant to take a risk and let the kids play. Even to the extent of playing an admittedly exhausted Daly when the league is sown up, rather than playing a young striker in a meaningless game.

McLeish probably did. Certainly if you take into account the types of transfer targets he went for.

Guys like Hutton, Burke, Smith, McCormack and Adam were given their chances, but not only this, guys like Boyd and Ian Murray were much younger transfers than you see McCoist going for at present.

I also dont think you can rule out the opposition we are playing when making this comparison. Teams from the SPL loan players out to lower league teams to get experience as they should be of the quality required to get game time and through this come back stronger.

Even Wenger at Arsenal fields his youth teams when playing lower league sides, again to help them progress.

McCoist seems reluctant to take a risk and let the kids play. Even to the extent of playing an admittedly exhausted Daly when the league is sown up, rather than playing a young striker in a meaningless game.

Eck? Not even close.

Any youth player McCoist has played has not been through choice and you know it!

I will concede a good portion was by accident and necessity rather than design but at times Aird and MacLeod have played in front of more experienced alternatives. Aird payed in front of Templeton on numerous occasions, for example.

Thanks for telling me what I know though.

I will concede a good portion was by accident and necessity rather than design but at times Aird and MacLeod have played in front of more experienced alternatives. Aird payed in front of Templeton on numerous occasions, for example.

Mainly when Temps was injured or not match fit though.

Since Ally states categorically if they are good enough they will get chances, can we assume none of the youths are good enough or at least he doesn't think so ?

Most of the players he cites wouldn't get a game or break through if they were youths at Rangers now.

Ally was too busy trying to keep his unbeaten record to risk playing youths after the league was won.

Always felt winning was a good habit for any team to get into...

the same aird that ally tried to drop and indeed did for 4 months until he could no longer try and justify playing peralta at right mid?

doesnt change the fact that he didnt make his first start until november because ally tried to replace him with peralta

I'm not trying to change it, I wouldn't have dropped him if I was manager. Trying to build an argument out of it given what's happened since is more than a little desperate though.

aw get to fuck ally at least have the bollocks to admit you have no interest in signing or playing youth players, you may speak of it in interviews, you may say we need to go down the Ajax/Porto route but actions speak louder than words and your actions tell a different story Ally may have the best intentions but his incompetence is setting us back years we are a laughing stock right now.

Always felt winning was a good habit for any team to get into...

So why say he is willing to give youths a chance ?

Where will our next winning players come from ?

Is winning pointless matches more important than developing a team for the next level ?

Can we afford to just keep buying overpaid, off the shelf players instead if growing our own ?

Should we just scrap the academy and put the money towards more aging players ?

So why say he is willing to give youths a chance ?

Where will our next winning players come from ?

Is winning pointless matches more important than developing a team for the next level ?

Can we afford to just keep buying overpaid, off the shelf players instead if growing our own ?

Should we just scrap the academy and put the money towards more aging players ?

There are no pointless matches Rangers are built upon the philosophy win everything. Sack any Manager who thinks different.

I must admit the notion of winning with 11 players developed through our youth Academy does excite, is it a pipe dream.

I think abandoning the youth setup in a fit of huff would be a mistake, what we need to see is targets set for youth developement, have any been set. The Ajax quote is being thrown back in Allys face, but the reality is they are only looking for 2 or 3 players over a two year period, we have done that surely.

You would also have to factor in circumstances, if we hadn't been put down to the bottom their how many of these players would've been given a chance b y now, not many IMO.