Mo Edu on Rangers

delamonty

Not hard to believe, that that one despicable incident, was the only thing that the interviewer would highlight as the main topic of the interview concerning Rangers. Our own press would be proud of the editing of this programme, and would have no problem tarring us all with the racist brush. After all, press are press wherever you are, and we all know stirring up the Rangers pot sells, in print or on the box, it's all about the Rangers.

We all know that the opposite is true, and I cannot see Edu just bringing up this one isolated incident, without countering it with other more positive stories about us. It does not make sense. I would be very disappointed if it turns out to be true, as I had a lot of time for him, and the way he held himself after admin and tuping over. (Talking about the man, not as a player).

Would like to have seen the whole show to judge for myself.

:7325:

The fantastic support of him?

Are we talking about the same Edu that got slated at every turn and was our regular scapegoat?

Edu was not fantastically supported, the shite he took om forums was mental.

Here`s the brief paragraph about racism from his Wikipedia page -

'After recovering from his injury, Edu returned for Rangers as a 74th minute substitute in a 4–1 win against Hibernian on December 27, 2009, but only played four games before being sidelined for another month with an ankle problem. He had complained of racist abuse from two Rangers supporters after the club's 4–1 home defeat to FC Unirea Urziceni in October 2009.[5] Rangers came to the defense for Edu, condemning the Rangers supporters as 'moronic' and 'disgusting' '

So it looks like both the club and the fans supported him for another two and a half seasons before he departed Ibrox.

If he`s talking like that in an interview I would suspect that rather than bad-mouthing Rangers he is fuelling an agenda designed for the U.S. market.

Remember UEFA and FIFA are big on `Red card on Racism` and the WC starts shortly.

It isn't just one supporter though, it is numerous supporters.

Be it calling a player a n***er, or Daly a Fenian, it is still aggressive abuse towards players. I have heard it at home, and also at away games, where one instance I turned round to see who was consistently call peralta a n***er not even 5 mins into the game, and then got a use myself from the perso

It seems he doesn't believe what he was saying enough to continue the tirade once the police made their way around the stadium, and finally got to the area we were standing in. Sure Daly scored as well that day, didn't stop the abuse though.

why dont you stop spouting shite ? Im probably the biggest religious bigot on here, read some of my posts and you will see I speak no lies, but you ya cunt, why dont you take yer pish back to kerryfail street and wonder what yer new gaffers arse looks like when he is doing press ups in fro t of the jungle in his gstring.

let alone from me, but I have never heard daly been called fenian home or away or arnie called a n***er.its gone past 10pm brendan, father o'reilly is waiting for his buggery, and you are the man tonight.

all of us RM people would have liked to donated some ky jelly, but I the end we decided that a good dry painful analing is what you deserve.enjoy.

Bluepeter.ban this cunt.

No Surrender

Rab

Here`s the brief paragraph about racism from his Wikipedia page -

'After recovering from his injury, Edu returned for Rangers as a 74th minute substitute in a 4–1 win against Hibernian on December 27, 2009, but only played four games before being sidelined for another month with an ankle problem. He had complained of racist abuse from two Rangers supporters after the club's 4–1 home defeat to FC Unirea Urziceni in October 2009.[5] Rangers came to the defense for Edu, condemning the Rangers supporters as 'moronic' and 'disgusting' '

So it looks like both the club and the fans supported him for another two and a half seasons before he departed Ibrox.

If he`s talking like that in an interview I would suspect that rather than bad-mouthing Rangers he is fuelling an agenda designed for the U.S. market.

Remember UEFA and FIFA are big on `Red card on Racism` and the WC starts shortly.

When you put it over the way you have it makes more sense, and is more or less saying that it was a topic concerning racism in football rather than an attack at the Rangers support (Except the muppets who racially abused the man). Cheers mate.

Why is it Edu that's in the wrong? It was the fuckwit that abused him, are we meant to sweep it under the carpet like that Mhob has done with so much of their despicable history. I have only ever heard Edu speak kindly of the Rangers when asked of his time with us.

Exactly, this is all I remember as well, how do we know that what was said in this so called interview hadn't been edited just to give a bad light on him and the club? Unless we see the full unedited version you can't make that judgement, too many people are happy to believe what is said in the press if it is negative towards us and totally ignore and chastise anything that is positive.

I feel some people enjoy feeling like victims, sad really as this is the way the dark side have lived all their lifes.

Watching a show on TV last night about the US of A's road to the World Cup. Interviewed Edu who basically said that one of the reasons he left Rangers was because of racial abuse from 1 supporter as he left Ibrox in his car. Damaged our brand no doubt.

He never mentioned the fantastic support offered him throughout his years here. Yes he was a shite player(mostly)... but the vast majority of us supported him because he was a Rangers player.

ffs. One supporter and he brings that up in an interview probably seens by millions of Americans? I'm sorry he was abused by some idiot. But he should realise we're not all like that.

Thanks Maurice. Great injury time winner vs the scum etc.. but engage your brain before you speak!

Sorry to ask again, but which show was this?

Sounds like a Timmy fantasy post if you ask me, but I would love to be proved wrong.

It's show on ESPN over here that documents USA's preparation, squad selection, etc. for the World Cup. I watched it live and I was furious. Basically, they were talking about Edu's career in Europe, his struggles and his return to MLS. He was talking about Rangers and the only part ESPN chose to highlight was the one time he was called a racial slur. Typical sensationalism by ESPN.

It's show on ESPN over here that documents USA's preparation, squad selection, etc. for the World Cup. I watched it live and I was furious. Basically, they were talking about Edu's career in Europe, his struggles and his return to MLS. He was talking about Rangers and the only part ESPN chose to highlight was the one time he was called a racial slur. Typical sensationalism by ESPN.

What was it called?

At 11.50 mins, doesn't say it's part of the reason he left, more that he was hurt by it.

What was all the fuss about? He never bad mouthed anyone at Rangers, even his keeping silent as to what was said and just tweeting that he was confused and upset at being racially abused, was said in an honest way. Lost no respect for that man, he has acted class all the way. Good luck for the future Mo.

What was all the fuss about? He never bad mouthed anyone at Rangers, even his keeping silent as to what was said and just tweeting that he was confused and upset at being racially abused, was said in an honest way. Lost no respect for that man, he has acted class all the way. Good luck for the future Mo.

I agree. But for me, as an American, it was disappointing to see my club portrayed in that light on national television. Especially when I know Maurice has a lot of great things to say about us.

You can tell by the way he began talking "It was a champions league game" that the interviewer directly asked him about it rather than Edu bringing it up.

Like others have said, he probably spoke positively about Rangers to this interviewer but that doesn`t interest them.

I'm glad this was finally cleared up with the actual footage.....clearly he was asked to talk about racism that he may have faced in Europe (kind of a hot topic).

Given all of the positive things he has said about his time at Ibrox - its shocking that anyone suspected that the question was "Why did you leave Rangers?" "Well, that one time - about a year before I actually left....."

I caught this program on ESPN last night, the incident was brought up however I don't recall him saying that it was one of the reasons he wanted to leave - the editing was a bit odd transitioning straight from that incident to him moving to Stoke so as to suggest it however. I was bit taken a back by it, while my girlfriend (who doesn't watch us) said she didn't get that impression. Of the time this segment spent on his spell at Rangers this incident comprised about 90% of it, which was pretty disappointing.

TV companies have a habit of editing out all but the most incendiary of comments from these interviews. I'm sad he bothered to mention an isolated, atypical incident, but wouldn't assume he said nothing nice about us at all.

^ This