• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eck, you'll probably be able to answer this question.

I've got stacks of home programmes from the late 80's early 90's, a friend of my dads who was a season ticket holder used to give me them after he was done with them, on all the programmes the back page has a section cut out, was there some sort of voucher scheme?

I've got stacks of home programmes from the late 80's early 90's, a friend of my dads who was a season ticket holder used to give me them after he was done with them, on all the programmes the back page has a section cut out, was there some sort of voucher scheme?

On the back cover of the 86/87 there is a coupon on each programme I don't know what it's for I never even noticed it before, 88/89 programmes,the back page all have a smart looking "Rangers" on the bottom, nothing interesting on 89/90 back page. I will have a look at the other seasons and get back to you.

Nothing of interest on early 90's except the 91/92 & 92/93 have a fixture list for the week on the inside back cover of every programme 86/87, 87/88 & 88/89 have interesting items (see previous 2 posts)

Although these programmes will never have any value, they are a great part of Rangers history and you should keep them, if you ditch them you'll regret it in years to come.

What's your professional opinion on the quality of this season's programmes so far Eck?

The best i've ever seen, is my honest opinion. Rangers collectors are raving about this one, a big input from the Rangers historian, there is a real vintage feel about it,the articles are great, the picture quality is superb,it is a very slick programme, the front cover has been excellent as well. I would encourage every Rangers supporter to buy all of this seasons programmes. Rangers do a subscription at the cost of £49.99 including postage, which is the way I do it. The cost for a Queen of the South subscription is £70. I have been told that only 2,000 were printed for the Clyde game. If anyone thinks of taking out a subscription, they will receive every Rangers home match programme, backdated to the start of the season. cup games and any friendlies are included in the price.

http://www.rangers.t...uctSubType=PROG

Nothing of interest on early 90's except the 91/92 & 92/93 have a fixture list for the week on the inside back cover of every programme 86/87, 87/88 & 88/89 have interesting items (see previous 2 posts)

Although these programmes will never have any value, they are a great part of Rangers history and you should keep them, if you ditch them you'll regret it in years to come.

Thanks for the feedback Eck. Yeah no plans to get rid of them, had them too long for that.

The best i've ever seen, is my honest opinion. Rangers collectors are raving about this one, a big input from the Rangers historian, there is a real vintage feel about it,the articles are great, the picture quality is superb,it is a very slick programme, the front cover has been excellent as well. I would encourage every Rangers supporter to buy all of this seasons programmes. Rangers do a subscription at the cost of £49.99 including postage, which is the way I do it. The cost for a Queen of the South subscription is £70. I have been told that only 2,000 were printed for the Clyde game. If anyone thinks of taking out a subscription, they will receive every Rangers home match programme, backdated to the start of the season. cup games and any friendlies are included in the price.

http://www.rangers.t...uctSubType=PROG

I thought so too. :thumbup:

credit where credit's due, eh? (tu)

I have programmes from most of the stand out games i have attended at Ibrox.

My daughter got the Tennent Caledonian ones involving West Brom etc. adding to my collection of different era's supporting the club.

The one i would love to get a hold of was my first visit to Ibrox in 1976 vs Ayr United ???

Can you help would pay over the odds for it.

In what era were the small booklet type ones.Maybe 4" high but 8" wide,if you get my drift ...

I have programmes from most of the stand out games i have attended at Ibrox.

My daughter got the Tennent Caledonian ones involving West Brom etc. adding to my collection of different era's supporting the club.

The one i would love to get a hold of was my first visit to Ibrox in 1976 vs Ayr United ???

Can you help would pay over the odds for it.

In what era were the small booklet type ones.Maybe 4" high but 8" wide,if you get my drift ...

The small booklet ones are 77/78 all of them are red with a picture on it, do you have a date for your first game v Ayr United?

The small booklet ones are 77/78 all of them are red with a picture on it, do you have a date for your first game v Ayr United?

Think this is why they wee booklet ones are vivid in my mind.My first full season supporting the team.Don't have a date unfortunatly for my first game around 1976 vs Ayr United.Do you have the booklet ones?

could it be this one?...

17 April 1976 Ayr United H 2–1 25,000 MacDonald, Parlane

Brilliant that could be it GB. The game i have no recollection of,but just remember climbing the terracing and amazed at the sheer size of the place?.I was used to climbing over the wall at Ochilview ?

Bought my match programme annual subscription today. (tu)

It's not available to buy online, because they have run out of Hearts programmes, so can't offer the package.

But if you phone them up, or go to the Ticket Office, and tell them that you're totally happy to not receive the Hearts programme, then they'll still sell you the package (once they've checked with their supervisor). (tu)

No more telescope-shaped programmes for me! :D

The Hearts one is still available on ebay.

I actually have two of them already. (tu)

I'm willing to post one of them out to the first Fund Member who signs up for a subscription though, to make sure they get the full set. (tu)

If any full set's going to be worth anything in years to come, it will be this one I think.