*** Rm Erskine Lunch Fund - Fundraising Completed!

govanblue

So the Veterans will have finished their Megastore shopping by now, which would be something like this...

Erskine_Mains_Megastore_Wal_zps6137f7d9.

or this...

E8_zps682b9991.jpg

The good news is there's a big sale on, so hopefully they all got good value for their £20 (tu)

So that's that.

All 4 of RM's supported Erskine Homes have now had their Ibrox Day Out. :21:

I forgot to ask Bishopton to send us some photos, but hopefully they will, and I'll upload them.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

So that now leaves the Erskine Lunch Fund balance at £558.93

Next on the agenda is to figure out how we can help Erskine Park create their new Sporting Memories Room.

(Fingers crossed, we'll hopefully have a pretty awesome update on that soon ;) )

So the Veterans will have finished their Megastore shopping by now, which would be something like this...

Erskine_Mains_Megastore_Wal_zps6137f7d9.

or this...

E8_zps682b9991.jpg

The good news is there's a big sale on, so hopefully they all got good value for their £20 (tu)

So that's that.

All 4 of RM's supported Erskine Homes have now had their Ibrox Day Out. :21:

I forgot to ask Bishopton to send us some photos, but hopefully they will, and I'll upload them.

Great to see our fund doing so much good, well done again G B. (tu)

I've received a PM from an RM member (and RM Erskine Lunch Fund Patron) which I thought you'd be interested in...

Hi there, I went to see my father-in-law tonight at the Erskine McKellar ward.

He was on the Ibrox Tour and Lunch yesterday and had a wonderful time. He is 98 in April but still great!"
He bought a cardigan and a Rangers wallet. He wanted to buy something Rangers-related to send to his Gers-daft grandson in America but wasn't sure what to get.

He said the meal was lovely. He enjoyed the Tour and the History behind some of the stuff in the Trophy Room etc. He was also very complimentary about the guy who did the tour (not sure of his name).

So it's good to see that the day went to plan, and I'm sure we're all very happy with that outcome.

A round of applause for all 65 RM Erskine Lunch Fund Patrons:

• 10pshortof17pound
  • 72Barca
  • As I Was Walking....
  • Bears r us
  • better than all the rest
  • bettertogether
  • Big Al II
  • billscott
  • bluepeter
  • Bluepeter9
  • brianfantana
  • BroxiK
  • bump
  • Calio
  • Carsons Army
  • Courtyard Bear
  • CrackFox
  • cruixranger
  • cstamomusa
  • D'Artagnan
  • DAVIE8CH
  • dexiboy
  • eck the bear
  • fermblue
  • fraz1ross
  • GF7
  • gmcf
  • govanblue
  • govansw1
  • HairyBeary
  • HG5
  • Hoosier Ranger
  • iain1712
  • ianb1547
  • Inigo
  • jamess
  • Jasper Blues
  • JCDBigBear
  • JohnH
  • JR
  • Jules Winnfield
  • Keeps01
  • laptoplulu
  • Malvern
  • Mr Brightside
  • NamibianBear
  • OffshoreWorker
  • OnslowDriver
  • paisleyroad
  • Phil
  • quinty
  • RFC Eagle
  • RFC#1.
  • sammy cox
  • sandyboyblue
  • smidro
  • SoldierBlue1
  • Sportingintegritymyarse
  • SW3
  • Sweettartangirl
  • TFP77
  • thistleman
  • Travelrug
  • trublusince1982
  • Wee Bud
  • ZZed

(tu)

Update 1:

Those of you with sharp memories may remember a brief mention of needing your vote again - this time to help Erskine Glasgow win £5,000 from the NationWide Big Local Fund to help them develop a new Recreation Facility. A few of you who were around at the time voted, and then I never mentioned it again. :(

Well don't worry, I've kept it under close observation for the last month or so, but since Erskine were comfortably leading throughout, I didn't see the need to call for your help.

The vote has now closed, and Erskine won by a comfortable margin. :21:

And you now owe us a vote next time we really need it. (tu)

Update 2:

I saw this on Erskine facebook page, and thought I'd post it here, in case there's anyone reading who thinks that it's something they could maybe help out with for an hour or two.

We have been offered the fantastic opportunity to host a volunteer bucket collection in the St Enoch Centre, Glasgow on Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th February. If you can spare some time on either day we would be delighted to hear from you. We are allowed 2 volunteers throughout the day at the following times:

- 10am – 12noon
- 12noon – 2pm
- 2pm – 4pm

If you can help please contact David in the Fundraising Team on 0141 814 4622 or david.mcfadden@erskine.org.uk

If that's something you'd be prepared to have a go at, then get in touch with David.

If it's not, then simply make sure that you go to the St. Enoch Centre on either of those two days, SEEK OUT those two purple buckets, and empty your pockets into them. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

The RM Sponsors' Fund has donated the following to Erskine Park Sporting Memories Room:

• Official Rangers Managers Montage
  • Official Rangers Captains Montage
  • Official Derek Johnstone Montage

(Kindly donated to the Fund by a Loyal Fund Member)

Not only will they look good and fit in perfectly with the theme and decor of the Sporting Memories Room, but they will also have a functional role to play, helping with recognition of famous Rangers faces, and famous Rangers events (DJ in the bath for example!)

Managers_zpsdlewrbyh.jpg

Captains_zpshfthx4nn.jpg

DJ_zpsvv3kw9yp.jpg

County Armagh RSCs has kindly donated 4 Sandy Jardine Framed Montage Prints. (Erskine Park will keep one for their Sporting Memories Room, and pass the other 3 to our other 3 Homes). I'm sure you'll agree that this is also absolutely ideal for the Room. (tu)

Sandy1_zpsdd7b2649.jpg

Duncan Whitelaw has donated a signed & dedicated copy of his book "It's a Glasgow Rangers Story" - This book is fantastic material for the Sporting Memories Group, because for years to come, if you randomly dip in to the book and start reading aloud, the chances are that one of the Veterans will say "I was there that day too - it wisnae a pie - it was a sausage roll!" - which is exactly the purpose of the Sporting Memories Therapy. (tu)

1698_view.jpgJS55521270.jpg

I've shown the pictures to Erskine, and here's the reply...

"All the pictures look great and I would be delighted to display them in our Sporting Memories Room. They are just what I’m looking for so well done young man!! "

(Bear in mind that most of the men she deals with are 97 or over, so I wouldn't read too much into the 'young' bit. :D )

I'll get them dropped off at Erskine as soon as I can. (tu)

In the meantime, if you have something nice at home that you no longer need, and you think it would fit in well in the Sporting Memories Room, let me know. (tu)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump.

So that I don't forget when we start the Erskine Lunch FundRaiser, the following Bears have already donated to the forthcoming 'Top-Up' Fundraiser...

• 72Barca
  • broxiK
  • Malvern
  • quinty
  • calio
  • Inigo
  • D'Artagnan

(I may have forgotten someone. If you think you've recently donated to the Erskine Lunch Fund specifically, or as part of a larger donation, please remind me. (tu) )

• 1 month later...

Bump.

While we were running the Erskine Lunch Fund Top-Up Fundraiser over the last few weeks, all our Erskine conversation was on this thread...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=281357&hl=

But now that the top-up is over, we need to start using this thread, which is the "The Money is Being Spent" thread.

I've got one or two few interesting updates for you. :thumbup:

The first one is actually a question: Do you have two spare season tickets for Saturday's game?

If you can't make the game, we can make use of your seats for some Erskine Veterans. Just PM me. (tu)

Okay, what's next?...

We'll be buying 6 match tickets for Saturday's game (v Falkirk) for Erskine Bishopton and Erskine Park Homes. That'll be about £108 - (from the Sponsors' Fund, not from the Erskine Fund - because the cash goes to Rangers, not Erskine.)

The seats next to our 2 Erskine Season Tickets are available, so all 8 (4 Veterans, 4 Carers) will hopefully be able to sit together and have a jolly good day.

Speaking of those 2 season tickets, Erskine told me today that those 2 season tickets are even more ideally located than we planned, because they are near enough to the front (3rd row - aisle seat) to allow them to bring either a walking Veteran, or a wheelchair- bound Veteran [as long as he can manage a few small steps to the seat - about 3 steps in total.] - so whether walking, or wheelchair, they can enter via the disabled-friendly turnstile, and cut out all the stairs. :thumbup:

As you know - wheelchair seats are like gold dust, so this is a nice wee unexpected bonus feature.

And it gives us another good reason for renewing their season tickets for the whole season next time! (tu)

Erskine Park Home have now nearly finished work on their new family-room, and so now they're going to start working on the new Sporting Memories Room - that's the one we all voted to win the money for. (tu)

Our main contribution to the Sporting Memories room now will be exactly what they asked us for - A Television (one with a built in DVD player to watch all those great Rangers DVDs we gave them!)

So I'll send a cheque off to them for £200 for them to get the TV that suits them best. They said that £200 is more than enough, because they don't want one that's too big.

(Then we'll need to see about getting a Rangers TV annual subscription set up on it!)

But that means that little old Erskine Mains Home has been forgotten about again - that always happens to the two little Homes :(

Erskine Mains don't have a Sporting Memories Room (yet!) so they don't need a TV - but what they do need is...

Hi [gb]

really delighted with your donation of £200.

We intend to buy 3 shelving units for DVDs & CDs and also some Reminiscence Boxes to use during our reminiscence sessions.

This is fantastic being able to buy new and replace old equipment.

Thanks to RangersMedia

Best Wishes

[Erskine Mains]

So that's £200 for Erskine Mains Home too. (tu)

I'll try to get a picture of the reminiscence boxes, so we'll have a better idea of what's in them. But basically they're full of memorable things from the past, like Birds Custard tins, a bar of Carbolic Soap, photos of popular pin-ups etc.

These are used with serious dementia sufferers because they are particularly effective at breaking through and triggering responses/memories. Try it yourself - go sniff something smelly and it will remind you of your childhood! Thank god you moved out of the east end, eh? :lol:

The DVD shelving units probably won't make an exciting photo, but they'll serve a real, useful and measurable function, which is what matters. (tu)

Erskine Park Home have now nearly finished work on their new family-room, and so now they're going to start working on the new Sporting Memories Room - that's the one we all voted to win the money for. (tu)

Our main contribution to the Sporting Memories room now will be exactly what they asked us for - A Television (one with a built in DVD player to watch all those great Rangers DVDs we gave them!)

So I'll send a cheque off to them for £200for them to get the TV that suits them best. They said that £200 is more than enough, because they don't want one that's too big.

(Then we'll need to see about getting a Rangers TV annual subscription set up on it!)

Fantastic. :clap:

But that means that little old Erskine Mains Home has been forgotten about again - that always happens to the two little Homes :(

Erskine Mains don't have a Sporting Memories Room (yet!) so they don't need a TV - but what they do need is...

So that's £200 for Erskine Mains Home too. (tu)

I'll try to get a picture of the reminiscence boxes, so we'll have a better idea of what's in them. But basically they're full of memorable things from the past, like Birds Custard tins, a bar of Carbolic Soap, photos of popular pin-ups etc.

These are used with serious dementia sufferers because they are particularly effective at breaking through and triggering responses/memories. Try it yourself - go sniff something smelly and it will remind you of your childhood! Thank god you moved out of the east end, eh? :lol:

The DVD shelving units probably won't make an exciting photo, but they'll serve a real, useful and measurable function, which is what matters. (tu)

Fantastic again. :clap:

OK, I've ordered up 6 tickets for Saturday for Erskine.

Hopefully the Ticket Office Staff will get that sorted for me tomorrow - but in the meantime, please don't buy any tickets in row 3 or 4 of SW2! :D

I think that will be £108 - I'll confirm that when I get the confirmation email. (tu)

I've now posted a cheque for £400 to Erskine. I'll let you know once the cheque gets cashed.

So that's Erskine park got their new TV - They probably won't go out and buy it straight away - it makes sense to wait until the room is nearly ready to use, by which time the tv's will be cheaper and you'll get a bigger screen for the same price. But they'll send us a photo of it when they get it. (tu)

And that's Erskine Mains able to get their new CD/DVD shelving units and 2 Reminiscence Boxes.

Erskine Mains have been wanting a Reminiscence Box for ages. They're £45 each. There are two versions available, so rather than having to choose which one to get, they will now be able to just have one of each. (tu) And hopefully a Hat Game (??) too if they have enough left over...

The Reminiscence Boxes...

http://www.activitiestoshare.co.uk/search?Q=reminiscence+box&As=false&Cid=0&Pf=&Pt=&Sid=false&btnsearch=Search

0001294_reminiscence_box_1_300.jpeg

16 authentic items including: 1960s pound note; darning mushroom; yoyo; lavender oil; shaving brush; skipping rope; tape measure; dummy; tea strainer; ration book; thimble; old penny on postcard; carbolic soap; dolly peg; rolling pin; spinning top; contents list and conversation cards.

0001295_reminiscence_box_ii_300.jpeg

Box contains 16 authentic items including:

Pipe; Tea Cosy; Braces; Shamy Leather; Balloon whisk; Pears Soap; Mouse Trap; Leather elbow patch; Flick book; Pastry brush; Bicycle clip; Ten Shilling Note; Maracas; Violet essential oil; Tradional pinny; Cup and Ball
Contents list and conversation cards also included