*** Rm Erskine Lunch Fund - Fundraising Completed!

govanblue

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we need another 3 members to donate and we will have achieved our target of 52 donors.

That will be 1 more than last year, and so by the smallest of margins can be considered growth. :D

Although, I am also hopeful that when I receive the details of donations, there will be one or two names on there who didn't tell me they've donated. It's always a nice surprise when that happens :D

Oh and SuperAli will be donating soon - I made the mistake of telling her to go and read all the fund threads then come back if she had any questions. She had questions aplenty! :lol:

I had a long chat with Carol at Erskine today.

She's obviously very busy at the moment, but high on her list is "Thank RM Members for their support in the recent Community Fund Vote"

Just below that is her next item which is "Compose scrounging letter to supporters to get more stuff for Sporting Memories Room"

So expect that soon. (tu)

She also mentioned their plans for a "Family Room" which would be an accomodation room for visiting relatives to stay over. Mostly in circumstances like when a resident is near to death for example.

This sounds like a great idea too, in fact, an essential one! and something I'm sure we'd all like to hear more about to see if we could help.

Today I also arranged the Ibrox Day Out for Erskine Bishopton Home. (tu)

They've chosen the 27th of January, so we've got the Stadium tour booked (A BIG Thank You to Rangers Charity Foundation for once again donating the Stadium Tour Tickets :clap: ) , and I'll book the Restaurant tomorrow.

The Day out will follow exactly the same format as the previous 3 Days Out for the other 3 homes.

If you don't know what an RM Erskine Ibrox Day Out consists of, you can read all about them here...

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=263839

Once the fundraising closes on Saturday, I will get all the figures from Admin.

I need to sort out which donations are for the Sponsors' Fund (brick purchases, Fund membership, etc) and which are for the Erskine Fund.

Once that's done, we will have a final figure to work with.

We can then discuss exactly how to allocate that money.

Provisionally it's like this...

£400 - 4 cash donations of approx £100 each to the 4 homes towards their Christmas Dinner/Celebrations

£120 - Ibrox Lunch for Erskine Bishopton Group

£??? - money to be reserved for the Sporting Memories Room, to be used in a way not yet known. :D

And I'm confident that we'll have a few hundred quid left to do something else with. (tu)

fireworks-celebration1.jpg

Welcome to our Record-Breaking, Target-Meeting 52nd Member.

Jules Winnfield

And very fitting that the prize should go to one of our most Loyal Erskine Fund Supporters.

(tu)

Welcome to our Record-Breaking, Target-Meeting 52nd Member.

Jules Winnfield

And very fitting that the prize should go to one of our most Loyal Erskine Fund Supporters.

(tu)

:party::thumbup:

Well done GB in reaching your target. Im sure everyone wishes best wishes for all your great work and effort.

Ach, me incessantly posting inane rubbish is the easy bit. :D

The hard bit is going through that infernal PayPal donate process and putting in the hard cash.

So thank you and everyone who donated. (tu)