When does McCoists contract run out?

GOAT

It doesn't.

Rolling contracts are designed to give the employee more protection and more leverage if something were to go wrong, for example if he was getting sacked, he'd have more leeway over how much of a pay off package he was getting etc.

Betcha any pay off will be his original salary rather than the 'reduced' one he is on just now...

I get why you might expect Ally to take a pay cut when money is tight, but you can't expect him to take the same cut in a scenario where we're kicking him out the door.

"Ally, you're fired. Mind if we keep half your pay?"

You can have a go at him for a lot of things, but he's not to blame for the contract he was offered.

It doesn't.

Rolling contracts are designed to give the employee more protection and more leverage if something were to go wrong, for example if he was getting sacked, he'd have more leeway over how much of a pay off package he was getting etc.

Surely it's the opposite? A rolling contract protects the employer, because if they don't like someone they can boot them out half the way into the year and only be required to pay half a year's salary. No leverage at all for the employee.

Could be wrong!

Surely it's the opposite? A rolling contract protects the employer, because if they don't like someone they can boot them out half the way into the year and only be required to pay half a year's salary. No leverage at all for the employee.

Could be wrong!

Seems that way, and it certainly works better than the way Man U did it (Moyes on a 6 year deal)

But unfortunately, with a club that can't afford to just pay off a manager, a rolling contract isn't always the best option - because you can't just let it run down, you have to, at some point, bite the bullet.

Could be wrong!

The way I read it, and the way it was explained to me is:

Rolling contracts are put in place to protect the Employee, they are renewed two years before they are due to run out, and in the event of sacking, receives the full remaining salary of their contract. For example, if Ally's contract got renewed this year, he has three years left on his rolling contract, and if he's sacked, Rangers have to pay him the three years salary.

It's quite an odd system, but it does offer more protection to the employee. Strange one.

Seems that way, and it certainly works better than the way Man U did it (Moyes on a 6 year deal)

But unfortunately, with a club that can't afford to just pay off a manager, a rolling contract isn't always the best option - because you can't just let it run down, you have to, at some point, bite the bullet.

Moyes on a 6 year deal. What a bunch of absolute tits. Wouldn't be surprised it Moyes took a dive for early retirement with 5 years free pay.

The way I read it, and the way it was explained to me is:

Rolling contracts are put in place to protect the Employee, they are renewed two years before they are due to run out, and in the event of sacking, receives the full remaining salary of their contract. For example, if Ally's contract got renewed this year, he has three years left on his rolling contract, and if he's sacked, Rangers have to pay him the three years salary.

It's quite an odd system, but it does offer more protection to the employee. Strange one.

Ah ok, I didn't know about he two year renewal part. Sounds like a crap deal for the employer! No surprises it was us who offered it then :lol:

I get why you might expect Ally to take a pay cut when money is tight, but you can't expect him to take the same cut in a scenario where we're kicking him out the door.

You can have a go at him for a lot of things, but he's not to blame for the contract he was offered.

unlike PLG who left with nothing. Didn`t ask or want anything. Just left.

I`m sure Ally being the big Rangers man who has made millions off us would also walk for free. Wouldn`t he ?

I'd have a go at him, Rangers have been brilliant for McCoist, at the very least i'd like to think he would take a reduced compensation

Yeah, feel like a bit of an idiot for not realising there'd be some veteran with simplythebest already. Need to change my name to SassyPapac.

I think the rules are if you are the oldest then you can claim the username.

Just expect to be forever repping me and agreeing with me constantly in the future if you are older than twelve.

Every 'rolling contract' I have ever had was normally for a fixed term and at the end of each year a further one year was added to the term unless either I or the employer exercised the right to stop the automatic extension which normally required one to three months’ notice period prior to the contract ending.

In substance this is not really different from long notice periods - the culpability is not in the 'rolling' nature of such a contract but in the long period of the notice or fixed term. Would be interesting to know what ’notice period' is in McCoists contract and what type of 'package' was negotiated in the event of termination.

It is possible he renegotiated his 'termination package' when he agreed the pay-cut???

Betcha any pay off will be his original salary rather than the 'reduced' one he is on just now...

A years salary, plus whatever hes due in shares. Shares issued at a previously agreed price.

I wish i still had it, but i remember we all got the white share issue book a couple of years ago. In it i remember reading something dodgy about the managers job. I cant remember exactly what it was, but it seemed strange at the time.

I remember thinking it would be impossible for McCoist to be sacked. But remember, back then around the time of admin, he was like a god. So i just laughed it off.