Reality check

Haha a chance to win the cup under Ally? how's that panned out so far,the guys a joke manager and the sooner the bury their head in the sand loyal realise this the better he's damaging our club with every day he's still here

Well, we got to a final and a semi final last year. three wins from winning two cups.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many nights whereby ally will be judged this season. Tonight wasn't/shouldn't have been one of them.

A cup tie, in effectively pre-season, against a side with nothing to lose, in front of fuck all fans. Sometimes, results have to come first.

We scraped it, but were through. I'd rather that than play like Barcelona and be out of the challenge cup before September.

Performances will matter more in the league, but I remember countless ties under Walter, advocaat, mcleish and souness, where we scraped wins in the cups against sides beneath us. Sometimes it happens, needs must. No surrender, here's to the quadruple!

HIbs were knackered and bereft of ideas after 75 minutes. Teams need staying power.

I would hazard a guess that they were deflated physically and mentally after they couldn't capitialise on that period of the game during which they looked lively.

It's not so much that but the fact this is the standard of football we've become accustomed to over the past few years and it is draining. I should never be watching a game and start browsing the emails on my phone out of boredom. However that's something that happens far too often now.

Just to clarify, I want ally gone and don't believe he's up to it. But last night there appears to have been a massive overreaction on this board.

I was at plenty of games under previous managers, where we scraped through against lower league opposition by one goal. This was when we had a team full of internationals and multi-million pound players. At the end of the day intense a cup tie, the aim is to progress, performance doesn't matter. Had we just played the dhims, and lost to go out, but had played amazing football - do you really think anyone would give a shit?

Just to clarify, I want ally gone and don't believe he's up to it. But last night there appears to have been a massive overreaction on this board.

I was at plenty of games under previous managers, where we scraped through against lower league opposition by one goal. This was when we had a team full of internationals and multi-million pound players. At the end of the day intense a cup tie, the aim is to progress, performance doesn't matter. Had we just played the dhims, and lost to go out, but had played amazing football - do you really think anyone would give a shit?

That's reality (tu)