Reality check

To an extent, you're completely 100% correct.

We as a team and Ally as a manager (at board level at least), will be judged on more important games in the future, starting with Hearts on Sunday. I expect a better performance from the players, due to a far more vibrant, hostile atmosphere in a league match against probably our main rivals for the title this season.

However, the tactics whether the players played bad or not, the style to sit back once we scored the first goal and rely on our most vunerable part of our side to grind out a result makes no sense at all and will come back to bite us.

Hearts are a much better side than that Hibs team, a Hibs team that was practically the same side that was the worst in the Premiership last year, and will cause us far more problems than Hibs did. We play anything like we did last night, we'll lose. Simple as that. Believe otherwise then you're completely underestimating Hearts this year and are probably going to pretty angry come Sunday evening.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can make your judgment whenever you want, but in order to make a judgement it would be advisable to first of all consider all of the available evidence.

You seem to have made your judgement on top-flight, 3rd Divison, 1st Division (NB we never played in the 2nd Division!), and pre-season.

The one constant through the past 3 years, I would argue is that we are winning.

We won our first competitive game last night - and you have made your judgement. Mr McCoist, and you fully appreciate this fact, :) has, by consistently winning, made it possible for you to no longer be content with winning.

If you're familiar with my backing for McCoist in the past few seasons you will be well aware my judgement has only recently been passed. It is neither based on pre-season or last night, it is based on his time as manager. The level of performance and has rarely ever been good enough. It is unacceptable to me that a Rangers team is out fought and out run by anyone. The standard of football has very rarely ever been good enough. I can count on one hand the number of games I've enjoyed in the last 2 seasons. Continually I have pointed to extenuating circumstances as an excuse for the failings. I don't think I can do that any more he just isn't giving me any hope and that's the saddest part.

Of course we have been winning and I understand we can only beat the teams put before us...but surely we can do it in a style of football that fans want to watch...otherwise what's the point?

Is grinding out results in this manner what you want to watch?

If you're familiar with my backing for McCoist in the past few seasons you will be well aware my judgement has only recently been passed. It is neither based on pre-season or last night, it is based on his time as manager. The level of performance and has rarely ever been good enough. It is unacceptable to me that a Rangers team is out fought and out run by anyone. The standard of football has very rarely ever been good enough. I can count on one hand the number of games I've enjoyed in the last 2 seasons.

Of course we have been winning and I understand we can only beat the teams put before us...but surely we can do it in a style of football that fans want to watch...otherwise what's the point?

Is grinding out results in this manner what you want to watch?

The level of performance has been good enough to win the 3rd and 1st Divisions, the latter unbeaten.

Personally, I enjoy Rangers winning. I would like to see the team play in different formations with silky football, but, I don't see that anywhere in Scotland and in very few other places.

The point is, simply, winning and getting back to the top-flight as soon as possible.

I want to watch the Rangers - end of. Did you enjoy the run to Manchester? or were you upset that the standard of football was not in the style that you want to watch?

It actually saddens me to see our support accept mediocrity.

It's starting to feel like it's not the Rangers I know and love now. Sad times.

Is it mediocrity though, we started 3 div with virtually no team, since then each season we have progressed in different areas. Maybe it just a case of this is where were at in the healing process.

Winning is the least he should be doing with that budget and that team.

He could take a big, steaming shit in the centre circle and folk would say that the shade of shite compliments the turf.

Daly wasnt playing last night lol

Anyhow I remember I wasnt sure about Ally as manager when first appointed like most I got behind him and the team. We give him room to build a team the first year to get us out of these divisions but watched poor football and used the excuse ahhh he put a team together through freebees. Then came last season he brings in more freebees wins the league without losing a game but lets be honest the football was utter shit and who among us headed home early or to the pub or just stayed in the pub on match days. We couldnt even win a shitty cup final, got pump of a shity scummy utd just wasnt good. Then this season poor pre season, another shity performance and managed to get the win in my eyes was only down to them going down to 10 men and us bringing on Temps(is the only player with flair in the squad). I sat at the end of the game last night and said was I entertained and satisfied we won. The truth is no im not I agree the team squad has got stronger over the seasons but the playing style, the formations, the organisation of the team No natural leader on the park and could list more, am I confident that we will win this league at ease no im not, as there is much more difficult teams than hivs who controlled most of the game until sending off. Fuck all I can say is all of what I have stated or referred to comes down to one area and that is the Management team. Its time for a change I would rather build this year and have us ready for the top league than continue watching this shit that I have watch and paid over 2.5k to watch home and away in league and cup and friendly matches. Mr McCoist your teas up please leave before most of us fans stop coming to see your in ability to manage The Rangers, as clearly after lasts night attendance which was poor for our standards and those hiv bs singing we are only here to see the hivs was diffently the straw that broke me last night.

I want to watch the Rangers - end of. Did you enjoy the run to Manchester? or were you upset that the standard of football was not in the style that you want to watch?

Are you really comparing a run in one of Europe's premier tournaments with struggling to play entertaining football in the 4th tier of Scottish Football?

I enjoyed the run to Manchester for several reasons;

1. We played to the very best of our abilities.

2. We were well organised and disciplined.

3. We were the underdogs.

4. I got a ticket for the final ;)

That team defended well, broke quickly, decisively in well orchestrated counter attacks. I fail to see the comparison with our current footballing philosophy.

It actually saddens me to see our support accept mediocrity.

It's starting to feel like it's not the Rangers I know and love now. Sad times.

Spot on,it's the same posters who always have an excuse,reality is our players with the exception of 1 or2 are mediocre,but with a good

Manager could be ok,that hibs mob last night are dreadful,and Hamilton trounced them,yet they passed us off the park

I was referring to this

"There are many nights whereby ally will be judged this season. Tonight wasn't/shouldn't have been one of them."

Of course he should have been judged last night.

His choice of formation was just wrong

ok judge him on last night then. he won the fucking match and progressed in the cup, thats all the judgement you need right there.

Strongly disagree with the OP we have watched last nights movie so many times in the last couple of years. Hivs bring in a new manager who inherited a broken team full of dross and they looked the better side last night.

Would you rather we "LOOKED the better side" or be the side that WON!!!

They don't have to be mutually exclusive to be fair.

They dont have to be, you are 100% correct.

But would you rather be a hibs fan this morning saying " oh well at least we looked the better team"

or a bear who still has a chance of watching their team lift the cup?

Nothing will change until Ally is made aware that his position is becoming untenable to an ever-growing number of fans.

His apparent blissful ignorance and his legendary status at the Club have saved him until now and won't change until the fans call for it, in numbers.

But would you rather be a hibs fan this morning saying " oh well at least we looked the better team"

The answer is obvious that does not deter from being continually disappointed with the performances. As I said in another post you only become disappointed with performances once you are winning.

We are still winning but the performances have never improved.

I see what your saying but they wont be saying that goz - they will be saying "I cant believe we got beat by that absolute shite and the mason in the black". In the second half especially, they WERE the better team and created the better chances.

No - agreed - but one option is much better tha the other.

If it's one or the other then yes. Awful performances happen I appreciate that but we're pretty consistent now. I've had enough with these grinding performances I'm afraid. I have no more excuses for Ally.

Nothing will change until Ally is made aware that his position is becoming untenable to an ever-growing number of fans.

His apparent blissful ignorance and his legendary status at the Club have saved him until now and won't change until the fans call for it, in numbers.

And as the fans are not calling for it in numbers, it would suggest that it is you who is out of kilter.

I see what your saying but they wont be saying that goz - they will be saying "I cant believe we got beat by that absolute shite and the mason in the black". In the second half especially, they WERE the better team and created the better chances.

from what i heard on the radio you are spot on and they controlled mostly all of the second half.

It also sounded like we controlled the game from most of the first half, and ALL of extra time.

The hibs fans can say what they want to be fair, what they can't do is watch their team play in that cup anymore.

Haha a chance to win the cup under Ally? how's that panned out so far,the guys a joke manager and the sooner the bury their head in the sand loyal realise this the better he's damaging our club with every day he's still here