Aird vs Foster

Leeds_Bear

If Ally decides to play this formation again I'd prefer to see Aird given a shot as a RWB. He's got bags of pace, isn't afraid of cutting inside, (although still pretty garbage) is a better crosser of the ball than Foster and has always impressed me with his tracking back.

Never been the biggest fan of Aird but I reckon he'd do well in this position.

I was thinking about 3-5-2 last week as a formation and agree that Aird would be a better option than bomb scare Foster at RWB!

The problem would be guys like Templeton and Macky having to adapt to different positions if they are going to play as we wouldn't be using wingers.

Also we don't have 1 good centre back and all of a sudden we need three.

Then there's the midfield three likely to be Black, Law and Mcleod and for some reason they can't keep the ball more than 3 passes! McLeod is by far our best midfielder event though Law and Black are much more experienced!

So apart from all of the other problems Aird at RWB for me!

I was thinking about 3-5-2 last week as a formation and agree that Aird would be a better option than bomb scare Foster at RWB!

The problem would be guys like Templeton and Macky having to adapt to different positions if they are going to play as we wouldn't be using wingers.

Also we don't have 1 good centre back and all of a sudden we need three.

Then there's the midfield three likely to be Black, Law and Mcleod and for some reason they can't keep the ball more than 3 passes! McLeod is by far our best midfielder event though Law and Black are much more experienced!

So apart from all of the other problems Aird at RWB for me!

Ha! I probably should have put a disclaimer in there that I to think the 3-5-2 formation is rotten.

I actually thought Foster was one of our better players for a good part of the game last night, not that there were many to choose from right enough.

Toward the end of the 90 minutes he was getting forward and getting crosses over but in possession in our own half I always fear the worst, it's like he spends all week training without a ball then panics when one is put in front of him!

No way Aird can do the defensive side.

Foster was decent last night, far better than the supposed MoM.

Get the 352 pish to fuck, back 4 with Foster McGregor Zal and Wallce, and we will see a much better team.

Hard to do your own job covering for Jig's lack of pace.

If Ally decides to play this formation again I'd prefer to see Aird given a shot as a RWB. He's got bags of pace, isn't afraid of cutting inside, (although still pretty garbage) is a better crosser of the ball than Foster and has always impressed me with his tracking back.

Never been the biggest fan of Aird but I reckon he'd do well in this position.

Agree 100%. Been hoping to see this for a while. His starting position is way to deep for a winger, and he tends to over-do the doubling up and tracking back. Think given a bit of work he's a perfect fit for Wing Back.