Big changes

cumnockbear

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't really be happy with any of that.

Although McCall as manager is something I expected we could and should be doing much better than him. Would have to wonder what Wallace is doing or if he has any say in it if he brought about these changes because it's pretty awful.

Hopefully not true.

I wouldn't mind a Stuart McCall & Brian Laudrup together for us, I think with Stuart's proven track record of doing well on a shoe string budget with Motherwell to challenge Celtic for the title (Obviously Motherwell won't win it!) But I do think with him in the hot seat and him having a bigger budget I think we would do well. I'd stick McCulloch just as a coach and not near a playing role as let's be honest he's getting a lot older & slower! Ian Durrant as chief scout would be a terrible idea specially with the said 3 players being his ' idea '

Good to see Kenny McDowell not mentioned, Guess we boot him out yes? What does he bring to the club anyway?

Why do we need to maintain the Rangers-men old-pals link? It's held us back for years. No more jobs for the boys, no more cronyism. Let's get the best people we can preferably not one of the David Murray era mafia.

Brian laudrup?? What's he done to deserve all these recommendation as a coach? Stuart McCall is definitely an improvement on mccoist. If indeed its correct that durrant scouted peralta etc then he should be first for the sack. As for McCulloch as a coach fuck that. He's hardly any ability and yet another case of jobs for boys

Brian laudrup?? What's he done to deserve all these recommendation as a coach? Stuart McCall is definitely an improvement on mccoist. If indeed its correct that durrant scouted peralta etc then he should be first for the sack. As for McCulloch as a coach fuck that. He's hardly any ability and yet another case of jobs for boys

It's what's held us back for years/decades. Jan Wouters probably the last actual coach we had in place. The rest have either been Walter/McCoists mates or ex players looking to jump on the gravy train.

Ian Cathro was mentioned on here a few months back, now he's the assistant manager of Valencia.

We definitely need a director of football in place to identify a backroom staff who can actually improve players and training and not just bring good patter to the table.

Mark Wotte gets my vote.

OP source needed to validate rumour, but If true, then I agree with part of it, that the coaching team we have now should form the new scouting system. but i think we should get a coaching team that knows how to execute this new formation that Ally is trying, I would like to see Stuart McCall as the director of Football.

It's what's held us back for years/decades. Jan Wouters probably the last actual coach we had in place. The rest have either been Walter/McCoists mates or ex players looking to jump on the gravy train.

Ian Cathro was mentioned on here a few months back, now he's the assistant manager of Valencia.

We definitely need a director of football in place to identify a backroom staff who can actually improve players and training and not just bring good patter to the table.

Mark Wotte gets my vote.

is that the German who used to boss the u21s national team? Always going to be hamstrung in that job but seemed to receive a lot of praise for his work

Surely the money situation at our club can't be that bad that we're turning a coach who can't coach, into a scout who seemingly can't scout.

Read an article on Terry Butchers man down in England a few months ago, Steve Marsella.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-man-steve-marsella-key-5951631

Spotted the likes of Adam Rooney, Billy McKay etc. from the lower leagues and picked them up for pennies.

Could do a lot worse than appointing him IMO, just left Hibs too.

This news is depressing. Laudrup and McCall are fine but we need to clear the whole club out and get proper coaches in.

If those in charge don't see the dire need to change our "old pals" philosophy, then I despair for our club.

Surely the money situation at our club can't be that bad that we're turning a coach who can't coach, into a scout who seemingly can't scout.

Read an article on Terry Butchers man down in England a few months ago, Steve Marsella.

http://www.examiner....lla-key-5951631

Spotted the likes of Adam Rooney, Billy McKay etc. from the lower leagues and picked them up for pennies.

Could do a lot worse than appointing him IMO, just left Hibs too.

Good article, would like to see him as the head of the new scouting team

is that the German who used to boss the u21s national team? Always going to be hamstrung in that job but seemed to receive a lot of praise for his work

Technical director at the SFA. Definitely hamstrung with the national side but I'm confident under him we'd see Murray Park flourish and no more 30+ past it trialists either.

Also predicted Charlie Telfer to be a future star a few years back...

Jobs for the boys yet again. The mentality that I want rid of the most at our club. Lets instead get a coach who can coach, a scout who can scout and a manager who can manage. McCall has proven he can be a manager, but could he make the step up? Laudrup, although one of my favourite ever Ranger's in my lifetime, has he had any experience? The rest don't merit a mention.

Good article, would like to see him as the head of the new scouting team

(tu)

Would've been a perfect addition in the summer of 2012 to help identify a few gems in the English lower leagues.

Instead we were stuck with Neil fucking Murray :anguish: