Our crowds this season

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all relative.

In terms of everyone else, our attendances are great, ( we had more people at the game today than the entire premier league if I read correctly)

In terms of last year at this time, we are probably about 10-12k down. But the ticket prices have went up so it is not all bad.

Everyone else in Scotland can only dream of crowds like that right now, barring them obviously.

If we keep playing the way we have in the last couple of games hopefully it'll improve.

(tu) hopefully mate, a few more good wins and the fans who stopped going due to the product on the park, might start coming back.

With any luck the whole boardroom stuff will calm down and those fans will come back too.

(tu) hopefully mate, a few more good wins and the fans who stopped going due to the product on the park, might start coming back.

With any luck the whole boardroom stuff will calm down and those fans will come back too.

I don't buy into the fact that folk don't go because of the product on the park. Remember in the third division when when we were getting 45,000 + every week against the likes of Berwick and Stirling? The football was far worse then than it is now.

I don't buy into the fact that folk don't go because of the product on the park. Remember in the third division when when we were getting 45,000 + every week against the likes of Berwick and Stirling? The football was far worse then than it is now.

Don't worry - they'll all be back, once the glory is in sight. (tu)

What does it matter if its not full. 30,000 is still pretty good.

It matters. lots of spaces and subdued. Those that stayed away today and for the next few game would easily pay for Allys pay-off. Get rid, the fans will return with hope for a change of playing style. Only being annoyed by the board and owners rather than the team/manager will be a big step forward. The Board have to see the writing on the wall and act.

A 10 to 12k reduction in Supporters attending on a Saturday afternoon at 3 o'clock at Ibrox in one of the most important seasons in the Club's long history indicates to me that 10 - 12k have stopped actively supporting and have turned their backs on supporting their team.

If they claim not to have stopped actively supporting or not turned their backs on Rangers because they believe in some sort of higher calling to deal with Board or quality of play stuff or combinations of these or some other motive then it seems to me that the rangers they see in their minds is not the real Rangers - not the team which is charged each week throughout this season to propel Rangers back to the top flight. That team, the actual team on the pitch however good or poor their performances, has probably rarely been in need of active and passionate Suppport to help them win the prize of promotion.

In choosing not to Support if 10 - 12k or more are physically and financially were able to - it seems to me to indicate they are no longer active Supporters but instead prefer the politics and other stuff. And in staying away the blue sea of Ibrox will of course be a lot less like the blue sea it should be.

Season one fans rallied round the club, season two was similar but you could see the support dwindle as the infighting got worse, this season has been a predictable letdown caused by a number of factors, 31,000 fans watching what we watch is actually good.

31,000 for an early season, Saturday, 3pm kick-off that's not on TV. Huge dissapointment. And this is just the early games of the season, I'm worried about what the crowds will be like when we play a midweek league game in the middle of winter. :(

With McCoist our Manager .Today the crowd size was unbelievable .Surprised it wasn't around 21,000

Season one fans rallied round the club, season two was similar but you could see the support dwindle as the infighting got worse, this season has been a predictable letdown caused by a number of factors, 31,000 fans watching what we watch is actually good.

That's pretty much spot on.

Its still very concerning but hopefully we can keep on scoring goals and play a bit of football and they will come back.

When I think back to the frenzy of support at the beginning of this journey, I remember all the pledges of "we'll not walk away, best support in the land, here to see the Rangers, watch them in the street" etc etc etc.

I knew then that most were spouting pish, so I'm not at all surprised to not see them inside Ibrox today.

Some people go to be entertained, some people go to support.

Some people support Rangers because they're winners, some because they're Rangers.

We each know which camp we belong in.

I'll hang up my scarf as soon as the club is secure in its place again, and not before, come hell, high water, horrendous football, boardroom shenanigans or inept staff.

And until that day, you, me, and all of us who care will continue to be there week in week out, no doubt groaning at the football, but so fucking relieved that we've still got The Rangers to groan at.

The rest of them can do whatever they want. (tu)

When I think back to the frenzy of support at the beginning of this journey, I remember all the pledges of "we'll not walk away, best support in the land, here to see the Rangers, watch them in the street" etc etc etc.

I knew then that most were spouting pish, so I'm not at all surprised to not see them inside Ibrox today.

Some people support Rangers because they're winners, some because they're Rangers.

I'll hang up my scarf as soon as the club is secure in its place again, and not before, come hell, high water, horrendous football, boardroom shenanigans or inept staff.

And until that day, you, me, and all of us who care will continue to be there week in week out, no doubt groaning at the football, but so fucking relieved that we've still got The Rangers to groan at.

Fucking post of the week mate..... (tu)

Of course you are right, but how many other clubs have 10,000 odd supporters keen to return with just a bit of change?