How long...

WATBB

Will we have Ally McCoist as our manager? At the moment he seems unsackable, and it's starting to damage the club, perhaps more damaging than those in the boardroom, and those of the previous boardroom.

The progress of the club has been backward, we may have moved up the leagues, but we done so buy exploiting weaker teams, now that we've gotten to the Championship, the opponents (in my eyes) are still weak, with a few exceptions; Hearts, Hibs & perhaps Falkirk, and Ally may pull off another league win, which will secure his job until we reach the premiership.

I don't want to go into the Premiership under McCoist, because every weakness of Rangers, and there are many, will be there for all to see, we'd be pumped week in, week out, any victories would be slender and extremely boring to watch, not to mention we'd need zimmer frames for the first team.

But what will it take, for the unsackable McCoist, to leave or be sacked?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change the record m8.

McCoist is a poor manager, but we can't afford to get rid of him and until he decides to leave or we get cash rich, things aren't going to change.

Support the team.

Why are you telling me to support the team? I do support the team. Supporting the team doesn't have to include McCoist and his useless cohorts.

We just have to make do just now, he ain't going no where fast, if Ashley sells up at Newcastle and gains control at Rangers within the next year hopefully he'll be gone.

I'm praying that Ashley finds a buyer for Newcastle. He has a history for sacking useless Managers, and with him in the door at Ibrox; Ally would be gone within seconds.

So our only options are: Ally Walks, Ally doesn't get us promotion, Mike Ashley saves us all...

The future's bleak eh.

Attendance was down by 10,000 say, ......at £17 a ticket that's £170,000.

5 of those and keeping Ally costs you more than sacking him.

I'm glad we're playing better and winning, hopefully that continues but I say it just now, keeping the man in a job will cost us more in the long run and if he does heavily falter with attendances falling - where will we get the money to move him on then?

I thought it was the SoS/UoF fault? Or are we just attributing it to whatever suits the point we are trying to make?

I'm praying that Ashley finds a buyer for Newcastle. He has a history for sacking useless Managers, and with him in the door at Ibrox; Ally would be gone within seconds.

So our only options are: Ally Walks, Ally doesn't get us promotion, Mike Ashley saves us all...

The future's bleak eh.

Hopefully Ashley does find a buyer, McCoist will be nothing but a distant memory, and thank fuck, for Rangers to progress to the next level we need shot of him and soon or we'll be even further behind schedule in our recovery.

The future's bleak eh.

Like Pardew? :lol:

Hopefully Ashley does find a buyer, McCoist will be nothing but a distant memory, and thank fuck, for Rangers to progress to the next level we need shot of him and soon or we'll be even further behind schedule in our recovery.

Further behind schedule?

There is many reasons for the poor attendance, and sacking the manager won't magically bring them all back.

This is the ecuse many have been waiting for, and give it five years and most of the young kids growing up will be supporting english premiership teams.

The future's bleak eh.

Is he even actively trying to sell Newcastle at the moment? He has tried twice using the same people that managed to sell Chelsea and Man City and has had little to no interest both times.

Further behind schedule?

Yes, our manager should had bled youngsters in the 3rd division when we had the chance instead of signing a bunch of SPL rejects and mercenaries, he hasn't a clue, we need someone who will take us forward to the next level, someone with knowledge in the transfer market, someone who won't sign 30+ players who have no sell on value, someone with a long term plan and not short term fixes, someone who won't get knocked out 11 competitions in 3 years, so on and so on...

Yes, our manager should had bled youngsters in the 3rd division when we had the chance instead of signing a bunch of SPL rejects and mercenaries, he hasn't a clue, we need someone who will take us forward to the next level, someone with knowledge in the transfer market, someone who won't sign 30+ players who have no sell on value, someone with a long term plan and not short term fixes, someone who won't get knocked out 11 competitions in 3 years, so on and so on...

Barrie McKay, Lewis Macleod, Fraser Aird, Chris Hegarty, Kyle Hutton, Seb Faure & Ross Perry all played regularly in division 3. Most of them were shite.

And that doesn't include the others who also made a handful of appearances that season.

Barrie McKay, Lewis Macleod, Fraser Aird, Chris Hegarty, Kyle Hutton, Seb Faure & Ross Perry all played regularly in division 3. Most of them were shite.

And that doesn't include the others who also made a handful of appearances that season.

McKay should be a regular feature he's a decent player, MacLeod is the best Rangers youngster in years,Hegarty,Hutton,Perry are all shite i agree, now we have decent youngsters rotting on the bench Gallagher, Clark for long enough last season who was Britain's top goalscorer,Crawford is decent player worth a shot, Faure was pish his first season, and hasn't been given a fair crack, he's lost a lot of weight and worked hard over the Summer and improved as a player, for me he should be a first choice CB or played RB, he's better than foster.

I see your point, I'll say that mine assumes that the 10,000 have dropped going due to the football we've offered up.

Some will disagree with that but that's my personal opinion.

To assume it's all been one reason is ridiculous and only backs up my original point.

McKay should be a regular feature he's a decent player, MacLeod is the best Rangers youngster in years,Hegarty,Hutton,Perry are all shite i agree, now we have decent youngsters rotting on the bench Gallagher, Clark for long enough last season who was Britain's top goalscorer,Crawford is decent player worth a shot, Faure was pish his first season, and hasn't been given a fair crack, he's lost a lot of weight and worked hard over the Summer and improved as a player, for me he should be a first choice CB or played RB, he's better than foster.

So which other youngsters should we have played in d3?

He is here for the whole of this season anyway ( unless we look like we wont win it)

He will most likely be manager come the start of next season too IMO.

He will have to start losing regularly to be sacked IMO. Most boards don't sack managers that are winning.

Well the way I look at it is it's more than 10,000 of a drop, 13,000 would be closer, you could expect in any given week that attendances fluctuated by hundreds based on people not being able to go for some reason, the costs of football would have a similar effect of hundreds and perhaps the board protest groups have took a couple of thousand.

I stand by the vast bulk of the drop being related to the football on offer, I believe that is 10,000 of the drop. I firmly believe that should the football improve the attendances will jump back.

I kind of agree with you here tbh, we took 40k to the game previous in the league, which we played pish in and lost. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the people who went that week decided "fuck this" and took the next game off.

I think we might see some more big fluctuations in attendances throughout the season, and I agree that if we keep playing well and winning that we will see a LOT of people coming back. I really hope so. The raise in game tickets and ST means that we can earn the same money per game as last year with a good few less fans in through the door, but not 10k fans missing every week, that will really hurt us, and could end up seeing us taking another directors loan nearer the end of the season again.

We really need the pay as you go guys to go as often as possible, and good football would be a decent starting point for that to happen.