Darren McGregor

Del

What' is everyone's initial thoughts on McGregor?

I have to put my hands up; when we were linked with him a few seasons ago (pre-injury) I wasn't happy and didnt think he was anywhere near good enough for to play for Rangers, but in the first few weeks of the season I have been really impressed with him!

He is obviously not a right back but I don't think he has let anyone down playing there and actually gets forward well to help out! He is a bit of a monster and built like a tank but he has a bit of pace and isn't scared to go in for a tackle, he reminds me a lot of Broadfoot somehow but that might just be the St Mirren, CB at RB, thing...

I seen a thread earlier and people were saying RB is a priority for us in the next transfer windows but although he is 29 I think he has been really good for us so far and would rather we signed a CB and maybe a winger over a RB.

I know a few of us where I sit weren't too keen on him but he is definitely winning people over as the games go by...Keep it up big man!!

I don't trust him positionally as a CB.

He's done well at RB despite getting caught out a couple times. Strong, quick, links with his winger well and took his goal like an attacker.

If he ends up half as good as Broadfoot he'll be half as good as Broadfoot. :pipe:

Doing well at RB but if we can find a right footed Lee Wallace he's out. I think Zal, Mohsni, Jig, Faure are ahead of him at CB.

Strong as an ox, decent positionally, uses the ball quite well and a good tackler. I think he's good at right back. Doesn't get forward like Wallace, but maybe that gives us more stability. The only thing I would say is it means Aird tends to be more isolated and struggles for support more than whoever is playing on the left, as Wallace is always providing an option there. It definitely makes Aird's role a little more difficult.

Overall, though, I'm pretty impressed so far. He's pretty solid.

I was always happy with him signing. I know a St. Mirren fan and trusted his opinion.

Only problem I have is he said he'd be inconsistent in the top flight. Been good at RB and I think his experience will be good as the season goes forward.

I don't trust him positionally as a CB.

He's done well at RB despite getting caught out a couple times. Strong, quick, links with his winger well and took his goal like an attacker.

If he ends up half as good as Broadfoot he'll be half as good as Broadfoot. :pipe:

Doing well at RB but if we can find a right footed Lee Wallace he's out. I think Zal, Mohsni, Jig, Faure are ahead of him at CB.

I honestly can't remember him putting a foot wrong at RB and I have been to every game this season!

I think he gets exposed a lot by Aird/Temps not helping him out defensively but I definitely don't think RB is a position we are desperate to replace, although I do fear Foster replacing him if he did pick up a knock.

I remember him playing against Celtic at CB a few season ago and he was unbeatable but I don't think we will see him at CB unless its as a back 3!

I honestly can't remember him putting a foot wrong at RB and I have been to every game this season!

I think he gets exposed a lot by Aird/Temps not helping him out defensively but I definitely don't think RB is a position we are desperate to replace, although I do fear Foster replacing him if he did pick up a knock.

I remember him playing against Celtic at CB a few season ago and he was unbeatable but I don't think we will see him at CB unless its as a back 3!

Watch closer. He tends to get caught ball watching and loses the winger.

Still happy with him right now. After the last few weeks I'm hapy with most of the squad. Also think by luck or design we have found our first choice first eleven this season, form permitting, and he's apart of that.