Kids football around Glasgow

Dietspam

My son's never been into football that much. Comes along to the games now and then but really just to come with me. But in the last couple of weeks I noticed him kicking the ball around the house and he's quite eager to go out and play it now. I've been thinking about taking him back to football classes. He's 5. I'm not sure if it's ''too late''. Sounds daft i know.

Anyone else with kids that play? What ages did they start to get into it?

Kids develop at different rates/ages just like every other sport so don't think they are too young or too old for anything

Enjoyment is 100% fundamental so don't go pushing them into something they don't quite enjoy (not saying you are btw)

Most parents are desperate for their child to be the next messi etc far too young.

I never kicked a ball for a team until I was 8 , nowadays kids have football sessions everywhere and start at ages 3 now (incredible )

Bearing in mind the coaching. & facilities now are first class for kids compared to when I was a boy.

Ash pitches and running round the pitch 8 times for a warm up then into an 11 aside game.

Nowadays it's 3G pitches indoor and the kids play small games, fun 4s then fun 5s before going to 7 aside until they are 12 yrs old, so lots of touches on the ball for kids to enjoy.

There's plenty of clubs around mate, even councils run soccer schools just like rangers run community programnes every wknd and at night some places

Take him along and don't be worried about ability or being the odd one out. You will find he will fit right in no problem wherever you go.

Most parents will be the same as you

My son's never been into football that much. Comes along to the games now and then but really just to come with me. But in the last couple of weeks I noticed him kicking the ball around the house and he's quite eager to go out and play it now. I've been thinking about taking him back to football classes. He's 5. I'm not sure if it's ''too late''. Sounds daft i know.

Anyone else with kids that play? What ages did they start to get into it?

Try here mate , take him along ,see if he enjoys it first ,then take it from there

http://www.rangers.co.uk/shop/soccer-schools

Also here mate , especially with the October week coming up

http://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/sport/football/kids-football/Pages/mini-kickers.aspx

I know it's Cumbernauld mate....but great facilities at Broadwood (Clyde play there)

I've heard about them. I've been taking him up the park and getting him used to running with the ball more. He's already improved with that. He's enjoying it.

Blochairn

Ok mate, SCYP which is short for south camlachie have teams from all age groups and may be worth a shout. Their amateur side played at crown point I'm sure.

You have north kelvin and arsenal at the Milton/maryhil area. There's also west park at the Kirkintilloch area. Then you've got rossvale at bishopbriggs.

All they teams have teams starting from 4 and up. Up untill the boys are about 7 they play fun 4s and they're great for them to learn. My wee yin played them for two years and loved it.

Ok mate, SCYP which is short for south camlachie have teams from all age groups and may be worth a shout. Their amateur side played at crown point I'm sure.

You have north kelvin and arsenal at the Milton/maryhil area. There's also west park at the Kirkintilloch area. Then you've got rossvale at bishopbriggs.

All they teams have teams starting from 4 and up. Up untill the boys are about 7 they play fun 4s and they're great for them to learn. My wee yin played them for two years and loved it.

How do you go about joining these teams mate?