English Football

Clemdog

18 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I never said he was the best striker.

xG overperformance is used to compare the best finishers. Son is known to be one of the highest overperformers.

Son being a brilliant finisher isn't a controversial take. 

Are you saying he threw the match by purposely not finishing the one on one against the keeper?

Haaland would have burst the net.

Premier League clubs will vote on whether to scrap video assistant referees (VAR) from next season at their annual general meeting next month.

1 minute ago, FlippinEck said:

Premier League clubs will vote on whether to scrap video assistant referees (VAR) from next season at their annual general meeting next month.

Good, it doesn't work in football.

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Not as dim as somebody who thinks the English Premier League scrapping it would somehow affect Rangers 

None of my posts have related to the EPL, but you’d know that if you weren’t dim 

23 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Wild that Rangers fans don’t understand the damage it would do to us if VAR was removed.

We haven't been winning much with it. Has screwed us multiple times in old firms.

Taking Rangers out of it. I find it much harder to enjoy watching games as a neutral with it and hate the delay at goals. However to go back the way would create chaos with wrong decisions. I'd scrap it, but first few years would be a riot I feel

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

I think how VAR is implemented needs tweaked a lot. It does have benefits.

I also think the rules of football need tweaked - especially handball.

A simple change to “ if you can’t spot an obvious error inside 10 seconds the on field decision stands” would help.
No poring over possible inches offside while taking 3 minutes to draw a line , no replaying tackles in endless slow motion shots to make it look worse and maybe even a realisation that players have arms that move when they jump or turn or slide in etc.

18 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

We haven't been winning much with it. Has screwed us multiple times in old firms.

You’re miles off it. We’ve been given 16 penalties this season. Of those penalties VAR gave us 13 of them. Thats 13 penalties we don’t get next season. Thats just for staters without looking at the amount of times the scum would’ve got away with stuff if it wasn’t for VAR. 

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

You’re miles off it. We’ve been given 16 penalties this season. Of those penalties VAR gave us 13 of them. Thats 13 penalties we don’t get next season. Thats just for staters without looking at the amount of times the scum would’ve got away with stuff if it wasn’t for VAR. 

Or are refs making VAR make the decision and we get them when they don’t have it to fall back on

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Or are refs making VAR make the decision and we get them when they don’t have it to fall back on

That may be the case for the odd one, but absolutely no chance our refs are not giving pens as VAR will. 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

I wouldnt. The amount of our pens that were given by VAR just shows you how we are ref'd.

Every single team thinks t's against them, we've still been on the end of some shocking decisions even with it. I enjoy games far more without it.