Duncan Ferguson

berkshirebear

But we are going to struggle to attract the obvious candidates, we can't compete with championship sides financially these days.

We couldn't compete with them before Ally either.

Just because we won't get a Klopp or a Mourinho does not mean every single expierenced manager out there will say no to us.

We are still a huge club who in reality only have the 1 challenger for silverware when we are in the top flight plus a crack at Europe.

Managers want silverware on their CV's...Rangers offers a better chance of that than at most other clubs.

We can still attract a decent level of manager.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We also need to stop with the Souness stuff. Souness had money - we could buy the cream of english football - and did - with Butcher, Steven, Stevens, Woods, - all England internationals.

Any new manager cant buy Terry, Hart, Wilshire, Shaw - who would be the modern equivalents. The Souness revolution was a once in a lifetime opportunity - and the last time Rangers were able to compete in the market for top players. Those days are gone.

And I don't think Pulis would improve Rangers playing style dramatically!

Pulis had Palace playing some really good football and wasn't scared to throw youngsters like Dwight Gayle etc,he also had previous underperfoming experienced players playing well again and playing for him

maybe Pulis is out of our budget sadly but it's that type of experienced manager we need,someone who can hit the ground running and doesn't need "more time" Nigel Adkins would also be a good shout think he's at Ipswich so I'm sure he won't be on a fortune given their financial troubles and has a terrific track record of bringing through youths

Adkins is the Reading manager at the moment and looking likely to be sacked at the moment. I'd wager he is on similar if not more money than Mccoist.

He was on £200,000 a year when he joined Southampton. I'd be surprised if he was on much more, possibly less, at Reading.

Who mentioned Klopp?

This need for someone with ties to the club is daft. I for one hope we stay away from previous players as all it seems to do is allow for piss poor excuses when things are getting serious.

Not to mention the man you want has next to no expierence in football management....You want an untested manager to come in after Ally?

That's mental!

This.

I mind a few months ago there was a headline about a champions league winning assistant manager who couldn't even get an interview for the colour of his skin (seemingly).

Eddie Howard. Keen to make it as a manager after being Di Matteos Assistant. Surely he's got to be worth an interview for us...

Aye but what school did he go to?

What if a former player done well at a club with limited budget? So we would just not consider McCall at all? I like McCall i dont think hes the long term answer to the club. Would take him till the end of the season but my ideal guy would be Eddie Howe providing they dont get promoted to the Prem. We need a young manager, not a rookie but with fresh ideas and who has maybe won things or built a successful team with little resources etc