Bonjour, Bonjour

Eck the bear

Perhaps we could organise a commitee of five RM posters to consult with the club and authorities with a view to modifying the lyrics to be acceptable to all concerned.

And by the authorities you mean the beggars because unfortunately they have become our moral compass in terms of what we are allowed to sing.

There's a poster on here called Big V (previously Vini H), who organised a "Billy Boys Committee" to work on a solution, it's just taken him a wee bit of time to get back with a progress report, so they must be working really hard.....

If any poster wants to offer support just PM him and say you'd be willing to to get right behind him, back him up and give him a willing hand in support. If I recall correctly he'd like that.

It has been suggested before. Few years back on this forum. But too many people would not toe the party line. End up in the nick. I miss it so fucking much. That roar. HULLO HULLO. It's a frightening thing to be honest with you. But it will never come.back. rip the Billy boys.

Guarantee it will be getting belted out on the 1st of February!

The day we start to fight back properly!

It has been suggested before. Few years back on this forum. But too many people would not toe the party line. End up in the nick. I miss it so fucking much. That roar. HULLO HULLO. It's a frightening thing to be honest with you. But it will never come.back. rip the Billy boys.

Nonsense!

I think even if we did change the words people would still just keep singing the original.

but it needs to come back. Best song to sing at Ibrox

Doesn't matter if you change the offending (not to me) word on the song sheet the original word will continue to get belted out by those of us who are far too long in the tooth to change.

At Dundee they sing "up to our knees in Arab blood"

At Hearts the sanitised version is "up to our knees in Hibby blood" although the trad version can still be heard at derby games.

At Ayr they sing "up to our knees in Killie blood"

So it appears that "Fenian" is the word that causes offence to our Irish neighbours. Why, the word is in the Oxford English.