Super Ally

TheBluenose1972

I wanted him to succeed right up to the Ramsdens Cup Final, but that was the final straw for me.. Don't get me wrong though, it wasn't just the defeat, it was the abject surrender on the day, the 'couldn't care less' attitude of the players and, of course, the karaoke scandal - the party atmosphere that none of us could believe after a humiliating defeat!

Do I want to see McCoist in this position - certainly not! But he's had his chance and he's cocked it up. Now he's just insulting us.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite true though, is it?

No-one wishes we were Hearts, but many wish we were playing half as well as we could, we would be miles ahead of Hearts if we did...

Tongue and cheek mate.

We have went from "Hope Ally proves me wrong" to surrendering the division in November.

I'm genuinely surprised by how much of our support have capitulated.

Tongue and cheek mate.

We have went from "Hope Ally proves me wrong" to surrendering the division in November.

I guessed you weren't being 100% serious, but there are folk out there who really feel that way.

I'm not going to lie to you though, I have no hope of us winning the title, I just haven't seen anything that convinces me.

I really wish I had the optimism of those who do believe, but I just can't see it.

Sad thing is, I used to plan my days around watching the football, but after Wednesday night, I can't justify not spending time with the family when it will most likely result in me being pissed off, and them being pissed off they haven't seen me.

Do I like it?

No

Ally has always stated that getting back to the SPL is his and the rest of the footballing teams main goal.Thats fair enough even if back in October he was talking about achieving this through the playoffs.If getting back to the SPL is his and everyone elses top priority something which takes priority over everything else then why oh why are we risking first team players in some shit cup like the CHALLENGE CUP. Have we fallen so low as to think winning this cup puts us back on the right track.Surely with this cup at least we could have tried to experiment with different players,tactics etc or as i mentioned is this where this GREAT CLUB has fallen.

I guessed you weren't being 100% serious, but there are folk out there who really feel that way.

I'm not going to lie to you though, I have no hope of us winning the title, I just haven't seen anything that convinces me.

I really wish I had the optimism of those who do believe, but I just can't see it.

Sad thing is, I used to plan my days around watching the football, but after Wednesday night, I can't justify not spending time with the family when it will most likely result in me being pissed off, and them being pissed off they haven't seen me.

Do I like it?

No

I can understand that. Our results over recent weeks have been appauling. It's soul destroying.

I still genuinelly beleive the championship is there for the taking. It will take a lot of hard work and consistancy but very much within our reach.

Deep down we all want Ally to succeed. A successful manager means a successful team.

Turning that around, an unsuccessful team means an unsuccessful manager.

This season tactics have been poor. Lumping the ball upfield. Why have a squad of highly paid experienced international players if the tactic against part-time Alloa was to lump the ball from back to anywhere in the Alloa half.

Ally was a great player and a likeable individual but at some point he needs to say enough is enough.

Still, it is Cowdenbeath today so 3-0 easy.

Totally agree enough is enough.Theres no fault if the man came out and said that its just not happening and he has gave it his best but its obviously not good enough.Theres been greater Rangers managers than him shown the door never mind being given the choice to resign with some dignity left.

I still genuinelly beleive the championship is there for the taking. It will take a lot of hard work and consistancy but very much within our reach.

It can be still won but starting today the team needs to stop dropping silly points against teams they should be putting to bed easily.

I have a feeling that when Hearts lose their first game of the season their confidence will drop and they will lose a few on the bounce. QOTS today could be lost points and they also may drop points in the new year derby. By the time they play us again the gap could be under 6 points. BUT this is dependent on Rangers winning all their league games.

One thing is for sure, I would hate having to go to Tynecastle for the last game of the season needing a win with goals to secure promotion. My blood pressure is high enough due to current form.

It can be still won but starting today the team needs to stop dropping silly points against teams they should be putting to bed easily.

I have a feeling that when Hearts lose their first game of the season their confidence will drop and they will lose a few on the bounce. QOTS today could be lost points and they also may drop points in the new year derby. By the time they play us again the gap could be under 6 points. BUT this is dependent on Rangers winning all their league games.

One thing is for sure, I would hate having to go to Tynecastle for the last game of the season needing a win with goals to secure promotion. My blood pressure is high enough due to current form.

It may well come down to the last game of the season.

Can see myself watching that through the gaps between my fingers. :rolleyes:

Tongue and cheek mate.

Because he has never proved us wrong

Fans surrendered at this time during eck and plg's reign, so why shouldn't they now

What evidence can you provide to remotely back this up

Even if we win every single game, we still need a favour off someone else

OP has to be at it, how many managers have won all the cups they have entered, mcoict hasn't even won one cup. I think that is 9 he has entered and not won one, 3 of them attempts never even had premier league teams in it.

£18m in wages and we can't even win a cup for diddy teams, the salaries of the player of the teams entered in to that cup combined probably wouldn't even match our salary for one team.

The players we signed in the first were some of the best from the SPL out with celtic, we have a team that is full time, we have a multimillion pound training complex.

Luckily I am working today, or I would be at Ibrox watching another lacklustre performance.

What evidence can you provide to remotely back this up

Even if we win every single game, we still need a favour off someone else

Well we have won 54 top tier titles and Hertzelona 2.

We are used to crossing the finishing line first, they are used to watching us do it.

Do you honestly care about the fish and chip cup or would you rather win every league and get us performing again in the top league?

Shame your away to bed your the only hater that does not resort to abuse when putting your point across.

LOL .

Good to know I'm just an abuseless hater ! !

Some statements in this thread are cringeworthy, have people forgot what team they support? Rangers should never accept this level of mediocrity let alone come up with any excuse for it.

Does anyone want him to succeed? Or since he has lost a few mean that no matter what fans want him out?

Most want him to succeed - for him to succeed means Rangers succeed! Anyone on this thread who doesn't want him to succeed is looking for Rangers to lose!

Now there are some (many?) who may question CAN he succeed but that's a different question!

I don't think it's a question of whether the fans wanted him to succeed. Every gers fan would have done at the start.

He is the worst manager in our history. Couldn't win a cup 3 years in a row against teams on a fraction of a budget of ours. That over on top of the horrible cup run, he must be the least successful manager we've ever had.

It's embarrassing.

He also doesn't have any tactics. It's literally heef the ball up to the front two and hope we get a break of the ball. That's cave man stuff.

He's caused more fans to leave ibrox than all the other boycotts combined.

Terrible manager.

No other Rangers manager has lost a cup competition that included only lower league teams. Ally's managed it three times.

To be fair though, even if he'd won it three times, the performances and lack of progress still mean he should leave.

No other Rangers manager was ever in a cup with other lower league teams! So yep your right! Dho

Aside from miller, boyd and jig, how many of our squad have won a top division title

Smith and Foster which makes 5.

Now tell me;

How many of their players have won it? 5- (?).

How man times has our captain won promotion in his career?

What has their management team won?