Jimmy Sinclair - next victim of Llambias cuts?

Jelavic191

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note how many first team regulars over the years have we brought through from youth ? Has MP ever broke even ? I genuinely don't know but highly doubt it.

I don't know that either but certainly far less than we should have. In recent years we can gauge it by how many from MP were sold to England but only Alan Hutton and Barry Ferguson come to mind. John Fleck was hailed as the next big thing but it never materialised.

Didn't we just buy other club's youth talent like:Duncan Ferguson, Charlie Adam, etc.

I was told by a Head of Youth at an SPL club that if one player from an age group makes it to the first team then he is doing his job. Lewis McLeod would be the one from this generation of youth.

Was this the real reason for his resignation? He came out and said that we would not have won the 3rd division with youngster and that they were not good enough to take us forward.

My reaction to that would have been that the youth set up was not fulfilling its role and that changes needed to be made. Maybe that indeed was said and this change was unacceptable to Ally.

Ally would want it both ways if Sinclair is his mate.

The position will be made redundant you cant then employ someone else in the same.role

Im quite sure there is a time limit and its 6 months. Several years ago a boss of mine was made redundant as the directors didn't like him.About 8 months later a yesman filled the role.

I'm not sure that is true, they may have paid him off for other reason's, they can basically say that they are not happy with the way the youth set up is run.

It makes no difference if they are given him what he is entitled to in his contract, they could replace him with someone on a much lower salary.

They cant replace him with someone else with the same job description for 6 months. They can hire someone with a different job description who does the same thing plus other things.

No issue with him going.

He wont be replaced though & that is a real issue.

You do not know that. He may be replaced with someone on less money. That person could be currently employed by the club. McDowall could be told he is taking responsibility for this as well as another example. There are many possibilities.

The youth system is meant to deliver Premiership level players, failing to provide SFL level players is just twisting the knife in the back. Ally may be upset over his pals going, but the fans demand success for the millions they put into the club.

The kit man should be next

He is multi tasked though, not only can he layout football tops but he can also drive a bus, could be handy for him if his bosses want to tupe him over to their other jobs.

Sinclair needs punted by all accounts as all the talent remaining want away from us , somethings wrong. The buck stops with him as it does with Ally and more importantly the Board, if your not doing your job beware. We cannot afford passenger's at this time.

As much as having a good youth development programme in place would benefit the club, we need a manager who is going to buy into it.

Guys like Wenger, Roberto Martinez, Jurgen Klopp etc are directly involved in almost everything the youth teams do! It comes as no surprise that Ally singles out Charlie Telfer as a promising player, anyone with half an interest in Rangers could tell you that, but he either didnt trust him or didnt know enough about him (maybe just wanted to play his pals) but there are so many managers that arent afraid to throw a young lad in for a few games.

We have always been murder at it!

He is multi tasked though, not only can he layout football tops but he can also drive a bus, could be handy for him if his bosses want to tupe him over to their other jobs.

Definitely worth the reported £120k a year then

Bit if he's folding the strips what is his boy doing for his reported £60k?

;)

Believe it when I see it confirmed.

Perhaps Llambias is actually going to carry out the kind of internally unpopular things desperately need at Rangers. This is years overdue.

Having a "non-Rangers man" making these decisions is what we have needed. 100% agree. As depressed as everyone is, talk of this overhaul from Auchenhowie to the Staff in the dugout, I'm feeling quite optimistic about the future.

why are people talking about Murray Park being a youth academy and its not worth it because its produced fuck all

Murray Park is first and foremost a state of the art training complex in which our youth development system is based, its main purpose is to provide first class training, medical and fitness facilities to all players on Rangers books, and for that it has succeeded big time

What our management team both youth and senior do with these facilities is another thing, but the complex is doing what it was built for

Quick question. If our youth set up is ran so poorly, why is there such a clamour for our youth players to play?

2 years ago we did as it was a cheaper way to climb the leagues, now i just want anycunt to come in for the likes of black, law, jig, moshni, foster etc, because id rather see us 9 points behind hearts with a team costing a few million a year, instead of being 9 points behind hearts with a squad on double what hearts are spending

2 years ago we did as it was a cheaper way to climb the leagues, now i just want anycunt to come in for the likes of black, law, jig, moshni, foster etc, because id rather see us 9 points behind hearts with a team costing a few million a year, instead of being 9 points behind hearts with a squad on double what hearts are spending

Fair enough but in the last 5 years I've seen Danny Wilson, Jamie Ness, Rhys McCabe, Barrie McKay, Lewis Macleod, Callum Gallagher and Charlie Telfer all touted as the best young prospect in Scotland. With the exception of McKay, I believe, all of them were at the club for a number of years before getting near the first team squad.