Back the man, not the manager

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If it wasn't Ally McCoist with all his conections and ties to this club, would anybody expect the guy to walk away from his legally binding contract that the company running the club sanctioned, with nothing?

Or do double standards kick in and we use emotional blackmail to get him to leave for a relatively small severance amount because he happens to love the club?

I have already heard people switch from all "Rangers men" are bad to how can he call himself a Rangers man when he is robbing us blind.

Ps I dont have any idea how all this is going to end

Trust this board more than me then. Obviously they want him gone, but I don't doubt they would be ruthless in taking advantage of any loophole for profit.

It would've been a term in his resignation letter, they'd have accepted it as such so no loophole would've existed. It clearly wasn't offerred by Ally so the board reacted the way they did.

I don't trust them, but I can't blame them for this.

If it wasn't Ally McCoist with all his conections and ties to this club, would anybody expect the guy to walk away from his legally binding contract that the company running the club sanctioned, with nothing?

Or do double standards kick in and we use emotional blackmail to get him to leave for a relatively small severance amount because he happens to love the club?

I have already heard people switch from all "Rangers men" are bad to how can he call himself a Rangers man when he is robbing us blind.

Ps I dont have any idea how all this is going to end

Do double standards apply when it's implied Ally is leaving due to frustrations of staff cuts and redundancies, then wittingly triggers a pay increase for the duration of his resignation period?

Or could he have offered there and then to waive and walk for "the good of the Club he loves?"

Goes both ways.

How on earth are the board hanging him out to dry? Ally handed his resignation in which has been accepted (contrary to previous media reports which said it had been rejected), the club have to legally inform the Stock Exchange which they had and inform them of the wages, so don't give me this rubbish that Ally is being mistreated, he is manipulating the situation to make him in a better light and the media are doing what they can to make the club look as bad as possible.

Said many times, Ally will always be a footballing legend to me but that is as far as it goes.

How on earth are the board hanging him out to dry? Ally handed his resignation in which has been accepted (contrary to previous media reports which said it had been rejected), the club have to legally inform the Stock Exchange which they had and inform them of the wages, so don't give me this rubbish that Ally is being mistreated, he is manipulating the situation to make him in a better light and the media are doing what they can to make the club look as bad as possible.

Said many times, Ally will always be a footballing legend to me but that is as far as it goes.

(tu)

Until something is proven otherwise Ally is up for just as much crictism as the board.

The fact Ally handed in his notice the day of a vital important game is a shoddy move in itself, something McCoist himself quite rightly crictised Charles Green of doing.

I can't help but feel Ally's adopted the attitude of if you can't beat them, join them, in terms of putting themselves before the club.

Consistently the club and it's fans have been put last.

Do double standards apply when it's implied Ally is leaving due to frustrations of staff cuts and redundancies, then wittingly triggers a pay increase for the duration of his resignation period?

Or could he have offered there and then to waive and walk for "the good of the Club he loves?"

Goes both ways.

!

Unfortunately double standards seem to be the currency of a lot at the moment, I dont know what his resignation letter said, do you? I am as angry and dissolutioned as anyone else, as usual with our club these days its as clear as mud.

Imo a lot of people are diving in before any facts are forthcoming, call me crazy if you want but the cups and titles Ally defended are worth more to me than 750,000 in fact there is no way in my opinion you can put a cash value on the Scottish cup we won when Lovenkrandz scored in the last minute against the tims. Do you?

Hold on bud - you cant have it both ways.

You have said" he should have left by now" - the point is he hasnt,- he has continued to take an exhoribant wage for a role he is clearly not fulfilling but takes the money nonetheless, despite the finanical predicament of the club.

We should have sacked him by now is what I mean. He's not good enough as a manager.

Doesn't mean I think he should just walk away and make life easy for those who have stabbed him in the back.

We should have sacked him by now is what I mean. He's not good enough as a manager.

Doesn't mean I think he should just walk away and make life easy for those who have stabbed him in the back.

Him not walking away and having a stand off with the board harms our football club and harms the chances of going up.

That's surely more important than Ally getting one over people you think have stabbed him in the back?

Goes both ways.

!

Unfortunately double standards seem to be the currency of a lot at the moment, I dont know what his resignation letter said, do you? I am as angry and dissolutioned as anyone else, as usual with our club these days its as clear as mud.

Imo a lot of people are diving in before any facts are forthcoming, call me crazy if you want but the cups and titles Ally defended are worth more to me than 750,000 in fact there is no way in my opinion you can put a cash value on the Scottish cup we won when Lovenkrandz scored in the last minute against the tims. Do you?

I know what his letter didn't say ~ it didn't say," I'll go without financial gain for the good of the club I love" I'm pretty sure of that.

So all else is moot in my eyes.

If you're going to walk, you do it for the right reasons. It's either the money or the good of the club, in this instance it can't be both.

Where is the proof that anyone has stabbed him in the back? That is pure speculation and media talk, the multiple changes in the board over these last few years have always supported Ally, they've all given him a budget to improve the team, so just because someone may have finally had the balls to call him out on the poor performances or the large pay salaries how is that being stabbed in the back?

Ok, until you know that facts, don't abuse him.

The thread title was more to emphasise it's not his managerial ability I'm defending.

I'll also emphasize again you are trying to defend the indefensible.

McCoist has been an abject failure as a manager.

He wants to extract another 750K from the club either through a pay-off or by working his 12 months notice. How much lower could he and his management team drag us down over another 12 months?

Mr McCostalot please walk away before you inflict more damage on the club. I feel certain you will not be sued if you clean out your desk tomorrow. Oh and please take the other two stoogies with you.

If Ally really wanted to show the fans what the board are like, what's wrong with leaving and releasing a statement regarding the board, goings on etc etc.

I'm sure that way he'd have the backing of most of the support, ex players etc. More chance of ousting the board. Leaving like this is doing himself no favours what's so ever.

Him not walking away and having a stand off with the board harms our football club and harms the chances of going up.

That's surely more important than Ally getting one over people you think have stabbed him in the back?

If the board were concerned about that they would have got rid of him before now.

Who leaked it to the press? If it wasn't in the public domain then we would be none the wiser.

I'll also emphasize again you are trying to defend the indefensible.

McCoist has been an abject failure as a manager.

He wants to extract another 750K from the club either through a pay-off or by working his 12 months notice. How much lower could he and his management team drag us down over another 12 months?

Mr McCostalot please walk away before you inflict more damage on the club. I feel certain you will not be sued if you clean out your desk tomorrow. Oh and please take the other two stoogies with you.

Shameful behaviour.

If the board were concerned about that they would have got rid of him before now.

Who leaked it to the press? If it wasn't in the public domain then we would be none the wiser.

Well we would seeing it's been announced to the stock exchange.

grno1, first off all I believe it was McCoist himself who leaked it to the press that he was handing in his resignation, and it must also be noted that according to early press releases it was apparently rejected, they then go on about the position the club were in for when he leaves. Secondly, due to the financial situation at the club, the club can't just afford to pay him off due to his contract terms of being on this rolling contract as they would need to pay his annual salary plus anything else written into the contract, and finally it was announced to the stock exchange that the club had accepted his resignation, this was a legal obligation by the club and is in the public domain.

Why wasn't it announced on Friday though if he handed it in on Thursday.

It's just another in a long line of head fucks for fans.

Maybe they hadn't made a decision and didn't anticipate it being leaked to the media?

99% of the support agree Ally isn't/wasn't the man to take is forward.

The main issue here is the board publicly hanging him out to dry yet again RE his salary.

So he walks away with no pay off, where does that leave us? Another £750k that gets wasted on some other shite?

Wait and see what the facts are before abusing a Rangers legend.

How about "Back the Club, before the man and the manager"

McCoist's salary is a disgrace. You know it, I know and McCoist knows it which is why he did his utmost to have it hidden from the accounts.