Boycotting isn't the answer

Wearethepeople72

Today, we didn't receive the best of news when we heard McCoist will continue to work his 12 month notice period as manager. It isn't good for many reasons. The most obvious one being that, by now 99% of us, Rangers fans realise that he is not the man to take us forward. Another is that the players probably won't be fully motivated to play for him because they know he is leaving, etc, etc.

However, people need to realise that this is no reason to stop attending matches and giving the team your support. If you don't believe me that boycotting doesn't work, just look at what happened this season. 15,000 fans didn't renew season tickets in an effort to try and get the board out. What did that really achieve? Well, it didn't get the board out. All that it did was put a strain on our club financially, divide our support and and mean that our team doesn't get roared on by full houses at Ibrox.

The exact same thing will happen again if more fans choose to go down this root with the manager. We know now that McCoist is here for the next 12 months and we have to accept that. The decision has been made. But if we continue to boycott matches, our club will suffer financially (even more) and our team on the pitch won't be getting the support that they should be. So we, the Rangers support need to get ourselves to the games and support our team though this difficult period, not for the manager, not for the board, but for the sake of our club.

Boycotting will only further Ally and Dave's plan.

Ally gets his pieces of silver regardless. The only one benefitting from financial turmoil is the mendacious one.

This is yet another plan that won't work. They will find the cash to get rid of Ally for good and he will be thwarted.

Since it is lack of cash causing this debacle, I fail to see how giving less cash will help.

Fuck Ally and the big white horse he rode in on.

12 months gives everyone an end that's in sight.

So get the fucking toys back in the fucking pram, suck it up and get back to making sure we do our part at helping save our club first off, and achieve promotion secondly.

Either that or watch the club spiral to oblivion because you couldn't wait 12 months to get rid of him.

We will be playing in the championship next season in front of 10,000-15,000 fans. The situation is bad for all parties.

Boycott? People won't be going because it is no longer value for money and a club being run properly...not a boycott.

Boycott? People won't be going because it is no longer value for money and a club being run properly...not a boycott.

Rangers fans are not mugs if it's shite we won't go like the older generation did in the early eighties.

In the clubs hour of need the fans turned up & filled the stadium every week, we have been let down by everyone ever since.

Most people connected with the club are ripping the pish out of us, the low crowds will continue the fans are no longer buying into the bullshit.

Rangers have made a complete arse of everything they did since administration.

15,000 fans didn't renew season tickets in an effort to try and get the board out. What did that really achieve?

Well right off the bat, that's not true. I don't believe for one moment that 15k people didn't renew because of the boardroom. The shite on the pitch drove people away. The increase in ticket prices was unjustified if you ask me probably helped drive people away too.

All businesses care about the bottom line. If people don't go less money is made and any business stands up and takes notice of that. They pay attention to that more than they do holding out flyers or banners. Let your feet do the talking.

12 months gives everyone an end that's in sight.

So get the fucking toys back in the fucking pram, suck it up and get back to making sure we do our part at helping save our club first off, and achieve promotion secondly.

Either that or watch the club spiral to oblivion because you couldn't wait 12 months to get rid of him.

5,000 or 50,000 ain't going to make mccoist into a manager or black into a player. And would 50,000 turning up this Saturday not send out the wrong message. Also 15,000 did not boycott because of board,everone I know who has stopped going did so because of our dire performances. My 2 grandkids loved it at the beginning but now they would phone the child. Helpline if I even mentioned ibrox,sad but true. I wish I shared your belief that we will even be here in 12 months time

5,000 or 50,000 ain't going to make mccoist into a manager or black into a player. And would 50,000 turning up this Saturday not send out the wrong message. Also 15,000 did not boycott because of board,everone I know who has stopped going did so because of our dire performances. My 2 grandkids loved it at the beginning but now they would phone the child. Helpline if I even mentioned ibrox,sad but true. I wish I shared your belief that we will even be here in 12 months time

I don't give a fuck what message it sends. McCoist is going.

I'm not interested in turning McCoist into a manager or Black a footballer. I'm interested in avoiding the club dieing.

I didn't say I think we'll be here. If everyone adopts your approach we may not be. You'll have to share your part of the responsibility if that does happen, though.

You know, that you didn't do everything you could 'because of our dire performances' for a few seasons.

Fairweather fan, I'm afraid.

Your choice.

it wouldn't be the wrong message if ee all told him to get to f...

Today, we didn't receive the best of news when we heard McCoist will continue to work his 12 month notice period as manager. It isn't good for many reasons. The most obvious one being that, by now 99% of us, Rangers fans realise that he is not the man to take us forward. Another is that the players probably won't be fully motivated to play for him because they know he is leaving, etc, etc.

However, people need to realise that this is no reason to stop attending matches and giving the team your support. If you don't believe me that boycotting doesn't work, just look at what happened this season. 15,000 fans didn't renew season tickets in an effort to try and get the board out. What did that really achieve? Well, it didn't get the board out. All that it did was put a strain on our club financially, divide our support and and mean that our team doesn't get roared on by full houses at Ibrox.

The exact same thing will happen again if more fans choose to go down this root with the manager. We know now that McCoist is here for the next 12 months and we have to accept that. The decision has been made. But if we continue to boycott matches, our club will suffer financially (even more) and our team on the pitch won't be getting the support that they should be. So we, the Rangers support need to get ourselves to the games and support our team though this difficult period, not for the manager, not for the board, but for the sake of our club.

Totally 100% agree with you OP!!! The club needs all its fans to get to the games and get behind us and put the boycotting to bed!!! Our club needs ALL of us or there might not be a club for us to follow follow in the near future!!! Aye Ready!!!

If 50,000 went to every home game it would make no difference. So we need to starve the B******* out

pish. If we had 50k through the gates then we wouod be hundreds of thousands of pounds per game better off than we currently are, this would add up pretty quickly, and we could have the cash to pay him off a helluva lot quicker.

by staying away, it makes the finances worse, which in turn keeps Ally in a job for longer.

If we make it that far we'll have a shortfall of £12m next year, if we don't get promoted that will mean further cuts and we'll be even less attractive to investors that is a downward spiral that's only going one way.

50k through the gates would change everything. You're not starving anyone out, you're killing the club and you won't even see it until it's too late.

Support the club, fuck the board, fuck the manager and IMO most of all fuck the players.

Without us standing up to the plate there will be no club very soon IMO

Boycotting was a fucking stupid idea. At this point, actively not going is equivalent to contributing to the death of the club. McCoist needs to leave and sharpish, but if you want him to go then actually go to the games and make it known that his position is untenable. If we love the club, we fight to keep it going. I didn't think I'd see the day where the Rangers fan base gave up and decided they'd had enough of this supporting stuff - to see Rangers fans just allowing Rangers to wither, decay and die. What happened to no surrender? It'd break my dad's heart to be proved wrong about how loyal we are as a fanbase - to see the Rangers fans boycotting their own club and actively doing nothing while we potentially die.

I'm sorry but I've witnessed Rangers Fans turn their back on the Club before.

We Rangers Fans are the Club and tbh it happened under the most famouse Ranger ever.

Mcoist is nothing compared to Mr Grieg and he should go now asap.