***the Official Next Manager Thread***

333 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be our next manager?

Jesus man. This is genuinely the only thing that is ever posted in his favour.

Are we saying no other Manager could bring this to the table, with less baggage than him?

Why do so many fans ignore that he is totally obsessed with himself and has a total complex if anyone scrutinises him. Could you imagine that at Rangers? Really?

The last thing we need is a Manager who isn't strong enough to cope with any sort of scrutiny. Resulting in mayhem, that will only harm our own Club.

I don't think anyone here is saying we should sign davies onto a 5 year contract. I say give him till the end of the season, if he does great then we can decide whether to renew his contract or look for someone more suitable.

The manager we put in place just now should only be seen as short term to get us up to the premier league, that's all that matters just now. We are in no position to fanny about looking for the perfect man to take the helm. We need someone now who can kick those under-performers into shape otherwise we'll be in this league for another season which could be disastrous.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The players need a good boot up the arse and I feel that he would give them that.

He deserves a chance, IMO.

I could give them a boot up the arse, you could give them a boot up the arse. I just don't see this attraction considering the baggage he'd bring.

I'd take McCall over Davies everyday of the week. He actually has an understanding of the Scottish game over the last 10 years and has had results from it.

We don't need some hot head with his own agenda, McCall understands what Rangers needs right now. That's stability on and off the park. Davies could never guarantee that with his ego.

I don't think anyone here is saying we should sign davies onto a 5 year contract. I say give him till the end of the season, if he does great then we can decide whether to renew his contract or look for someone more suitable.

The manager we put in place just now should only be seen as short term to get us up to the premier league, that's all that matters just now. We are in no position to fanny about looking for the perfect man to take the helm. We need someone now who can kick those under-performers into shape otherwise we'll be in this league for another season which could be disastrous.

Again you're missing the point completely.

I could give them a boot up the arse, you could give them a boot up the arse. I just don't see this attraction considering the baggage he'd bring.

I'd take McCall over Davies everyday of the week. He actually has an understanding of the Scottish game over the last 10 years and has had results from it.

We don't need some hot head with his own agenda, McCall understands what Rangers needs right now. That's stability on and off the park. Davies could never guarantee that with his ego.

I don't mean literally. :lol:

Meh. I'm not sure about McCall. He done pretty well at Motherwell on a very limited budget but managing at Rangers is a totally different ball game with expectations to win week in, week out.

In their own ways both of them would be gambles but like Jack The Flipper said, bring in one of them for a year and see how they get on.

Are we saying no other Manager could bring this to the table, with less baggage than him?

Why do so many fans ignore that he is totally obsessed with himself and has a total complex if anyone scrutinises him. Could you imagine that at Rangers? Really?

The last thing we need is a Manager who isn't strong enough to cope with any sort of scrutiny. Resulting in mayhem, that will only harm our own Club.

Giving the BBC all access kind of contradicts the anti-press 'North Korea of English Football' tag that he ended up with at Forest.

One thing to take from the video, is he is a maticulous planner, that means he will always be reflecting on what he did right and more importantly wrong.

A Davis who had learned from his previous mistakes and brought the same impact football wise would be a quality proposition!

I'm for McInnes. I think that he's the man for the job. Davies was until a few months ago when I heard and read about the shambles that he created at Forest, the last time he was there. McCall was also one of my favoured men, but he couldn't hack the pressure he was under at Motherwell, therefore he's got no chance at Ibrox. Don't know anything about Cathro, but he looks a bit inexperienced for the job description with us. Inexperienced managers haven't done too well at Ibrox in the past...

I voted McCall.Good man and a good coach.

Personally I don' think McInnes would take the job.He would probabaly like to get on with giving Aberdeen a good season and do his cv no harm at all.

If in the summer we have settled down in the boardroom, he may be interested but I think he will be snapped up by one of the bigger English Championship sides, now he has more experience under his belt.

I think Cathro would be off his nut to come back here, and don't think he will.I am not a fan of such young guys in charge of dressing rooms either, and I believe he will stay a coach or assistant for a few years yet.

I don't understand why so many have voted for him.Has he indicated he would be interested or is this just media speculation?

Depends who's running the club really.

If its Kings and the 3 Bears then I'd expect it will be a Rangers fan like Davies or McCall.

If its Ashley then probably another one of his pals.

Voted for McCall as he's probably the realistic choice but I would be interested to see how someone like Cathro would do here. I'd prefer to see it open to applicants though and see who applies because there are far more managers than jobs out there and you never know who might apply.

This.... only I didn't vote yet. I wouldn't be gutted to get McCall but I'd be hoping for someone to apply that would change the whole ethos around the player training and structure of the playing side of the club. Can't really vote until I know who's going to be running the show.

I agree with this.

I think Davies would be a nightmare for us. I don't think he could handle the pressure and expectations.

He actually reminds me of Neil Lennon - angry, paranoid & confrontational - and I don't want somebody with those traits managing us.

Gattuso...he's desperate for a managerial position in Scotland at the moment. Certainly doesn't have the pedigree we might want but he'd do it cheap to get in the door and it gives him the move back to Scotland apparently his missus wants.While tactically questionable he's not a character that would accept anything less than 100% from the players which would be good.

I'd rather our new manager's desire to join our club wasn't based on what his wife wants.

McCall for me till end of season. Done well with limited budget and resources at Motherwell. I'd review situation at end of the season to see if he's up for job full time. McInnes I'd leave alone, so he doesn't have any distractions this year challenging for title, hate dons but rather them than manky mob won league.

Jock Wallace, Bill Struth, Walter Smith and Graeme Souness did ok.

I'm for McInnes. I think that he's the man for the job. Davies was until a few months ago when I heard and read about the shambles that he created at Forest, the last time he was there. McCall was also one of my favoured men, but he couldn't hack the pressure he was under at Motherwell, therefore he's got no chance at Ibrox. Don't know anything about Cathro, but he looks a bit inexperienced for the job description with us. Inexperienced managers haven't done too well at Ibrox in the past...

Surprised the amount of people that want Cathro, everything I've heard about him from his time in youth football in Scotland would lead you to believe he is wired to the fucking moon.

Yes, that's why he is now assistant at Valencia at 29 years of age, your way of thinking you would probably want McCoist back !

The business end of the season has shown mccall to be one step ahead of Aberdeen under both brown and mciness. Even last year a team he rebuilt every season still beat Aberdeen to 2nd place with a budget Aberdeen would be lucky to avoid relegation.

I will use Aberdeen as they are the biggest spenders outside Celtic and Rangers.

3 full seasons under mccall 195 points

3 full seasons under brown / mcinness 157 points

I cant understand why managers are not judged with their budgets! I see Norwich done the right thing, why cant we. McIness is no where near as good as McCall.