No Matter... Change Was Needed

delamonty

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a whole new team give or take a couple of players maybe, that to me is a lot of change required and will cost more than 10million, if MA is serious and needs us in the champions league he better find a lot more dosh and a decent management team, anything less will see us scrambling from pillar to post.

Blithering pish!

Ashley is a minority shareholder and a creditor, so why the fuck would he want to to? King , the so called Rangers man who desires to control all has given us exactly what? Oh that's right, fuck all!

Have a word FFS.

Get out of bed on the wrong side did we?the OP stated Ashley wanted us in the champs league,I say he had a chance,and blew it,and hope he gets his arse kicked when he has the bottle to call the EGM. This minority shareholder who has the club in a vice.

Yup.

Infact seen as hes bringing about change why don't we just hand over Ibrox and say thanks Mike for bringing about change for your own fucking benefit.

This age old argument of European football for "Sports Direct" exposure is nothing short of a pipe dream. Like ive said before instead of loaning us 5 players, 2 who are injured why didn't he give us an extra £3million to attempt to buy the cream of Scottish football? Now were down 5 loanees and 12 players in the Summer.

If Ashley was so interested in Rangers it would be investment he would be giving us not loans with the most ridiculous conditions.

He attempted to rob the fans of Ibrox and holds 75% of our retail in which he gets paid regardless if we sell it or not. It is interesting the loans we get off this guy almost match the amount of money weve lost through retail.

No scouts, no team, no manager and still running at a huge loss. Where are these changes?

Won't happen overnight

Llambias is on the case---note he was the one to remove mccoist-long overdue

Things are happening and let's give these guys a chance and let us get back to tge fitba

I see on many forums, hatred towards MASH. I have no idea why -- other than he wants collateral (who wouldn't?) and he is only 'here' to push Sports Direct.

Well....

He is. Of course! But here's the thing... NUFC ain't winning the EPL anytime soon, and have never had our pedigree vis a vis Europe. Sports Direct clearly want to expand into Europe -- and what better way to do this than have a 'competitive' team in the CL?

But can Ashley get there with NUFC? No. Can he get there with The Rangers? Yes. And.... At a fraction of the cost.

How much would he need to spend for NUFC to win the EPL? 200, 300 million? (ffs Ronaldo is now worth 300 million according to his agent --> lol) And even then, there are no guarantees.

Us? 10 million buys us everything he needs.

And why should we care? We should not. It's 2015... This is the way of the world.. and if MASH is willing to invest -- whether directly, indirectly makes no difference, it's a win-win. (But of course, no leverage on Ibrox. Pretty sure he knows that)

The last few days should be clear about his intentions imho.

We need a change. Mike Ashley is providing it.

GSTQ and WATP

Good post and agree with your sentiments. I would debate the figures though, it may cost more to succeed in the EPL but there is also massive money just being in the EPL (some putting the figure at close to £100 mill per season). I would also say that to get us into the CL again is likely to take a whole shed load more money on top of the £10 mill he's already invested.

Can he do it? Well, yes i think he can, he has seen an opportunity to control a club with world-wide appeal and also one that quite simply shouldn't take too much effort to gain a top two spot each year.

Let's be frank here, Mike Ashley is a winner and very clever man and the one good sign for us is - he wouldn't have touched us with a barge pole if we weren't a team he can take somewhere and fill his coffers at the same time. I think it may take a while though, because imo the club literally needs stripping back to bones and rebuilding/restructuring. I also think a new manager with all the right attributes is the most essential ingredient before we can even begin to think we're on our way, if i'm honest as much as i love and support the club and always will i've never been so bored watching our teams play it's limp and lifeless all over the pitch. This simply needs to change.....and quick!

WATP

Ashley may be a friend rather than a foe but he'll never succeed at Ibrox unless he communicates with the fans who crave transparency quite rightly after the shit we've been through.

He can't tell anybody(including fans) his plans till he's sorted out with the SFA or sold Newcastle.

Good post and agree with your sentiments. I would debate the figures though, it may cost more to succeed in the EPL but there is also massive money just being in the EPL (some putting the figure at close to £100 mill per season). I would also say that to get us into the CL again is likely to take a whole shed load more money on top of the £10 mill he's already invested.

Can he do it? Well, yes i think he can, he has seen an opportunity to control a club with world-wide appeal and also one that quite simply shouldn't take too much effort to gain a top two spot each year.

Let's be frank here, Mike Ashley is a winner and very clever man and the one good sign for us is - he wouldn't have touched us with a barge pole if we weren't a team he can take somewhere and fill his coffers at the same time. I think it may take a while though, because imo the club literally needs stripping back to bones and rebuilding/restructuring. I also think a new manager with all the right attributes is the most essential ingredient before we can even begin to think we're on our way, if i'm honest as much as i love and support the club and always will i've never been so bored watching our teams play it's limp and lifeless all over the pitch. This simply needs to change.....and quick!

WATP

10 Million investment? A couple of loans isn't investment.

And those first two things were nothing to do with our previous manager?

Was McCoist seriously in charge of head hunting and hiring and firing scouts? We have had 2 transfer windows to fix this dud team he built. We have done nothing. In fact, just last window we even signed more duds for him.

Won't happen overnight

Llambias is on the case---note he was the one to remove mccoist-long overdue

Things are happening and let's give these guys a chance and let us get back to tge fitba

No thanks.

And Llambias didn't remove McCoist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30475395

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2874180/Ally-McCoist-resigns-Rangers-manager-salary-increase-750-000-enters-12-month-notice-period.html

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/15/ally-mccoist-rangers-resignation-scottish-championship

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/ally-mccoist-reasons-behind-rangers-4842819

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/9607379/ally-mccoist-resigns-as-rangers-manager-and-enters-12-month-notice-period

Were still running at a loss because were still paying the manager we don't have and all the shite signings with over inflated wages.

Ally McCoist does not get paid £8m a year. Yes, that was our loss last year and it will be even worse next year.

Also all those shite signings wages amount to a tiny fraction of the money we spend. £6m from £33m spent.

Was McCoist seriously in charge of head hunting and hiring and firing scouts? We have had 2 transfer windows to fix this dud team he built. We have done nothing. In fact, just last window we even signed more duds for him.

No thanks.

And Llambias didn't remove McCoist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30475395

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2874180/Ally-McCoist-resigns-Rangers-manager-salary-increase-750-000-enters-12-month-notice-period.html

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/15/ally-mccoist-rangers-resignation-scottish-championship

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/ally-mccoist-reasons-behind-rangers-4842819

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/9607379/ally-mccoist-resigns-as-rangers-manager-and-enters-12-month-notice-period

Ally McCoist does not get paid £8m a year. Yes, that was our loss last year and it will be even worse next year.

Also all those shite signings wages amount to a tiny fraction of the money we spend. £6m from £33m spent.

Who else but Ally was qualified to hire those people?

Gosh, yeah, a few loanees who will go back to their parent club in 4 months time is far more important than our own clubs vital infrastructure.

My apologies.

His financial loans should see us through to the end of the season and these players could well help us back into the top flight, then we can reassess and take it from there.

MA Has done more for us than anyone else currently involved. Why can some just not see that?

Who else but Ally was qualified to hire those people?

Is this not the entire crux of the matter? Our club is run by businessmen who know nothing about football. It's not for Ally to find and hire scouts, that is the clubs job, a board and chief executive perhaps?

McCoist certainly isn't qualified to head hunt scouts.

His financial loans should see us through to the end of the season and these players could well help us back into the top flight, then we can reassess and take it from there.

MA Has done more for us than anyone else currently involved. Why can some just not see that?

Should? You mean they may not? Then we can start again, from scratch again, including the loans. It's rinse and repeat. The club and fans deserve so much better than that.

3 points.

1) He only invests profits. We'd have to make over that £10m before £10m is invested in the team/club. Considering he's busy gobbling up our revenue streams this isn't as simple as it appears.

2) This SD Europe point is fair enough. They already have 20 stores across Europe, and continue to expand in this sector. Could sponsoring us in 2 years when perhaps we will be in Europe again make a significant impact?

3) Love him or hate he's bad news for any Football Club that has ambitions of winning leagues and trophies. It would cost NU £200m to challenge? Compare that to how much they make just from EPL TV deal. The rewards and exposure from the EPL, the most watched league in the WORLD, dwarves anything he could get from us in Europe.

Is this not the entire crux of the matter? Our club is run by businessmen who know nothing about football. It's not for Ally to find and hire scouts, that is the clubs job, a board and chief executive perhaps?

McCoist certainly isn't qualified to head hunt scouts.

Should? You mean they may not? Then we can start again, from scratch again, including the loans. It's rinse and repeat. The club and fans deserve so much better than that.

And who else is putting their money where their mouth is and has offered a solution, short term and/or ongoing?

I never said Ally got paid £8 million a year. I also never said the wages were £33 million either.

If you look at what I said. I said were still running at a loss because were still paying a manager we don't have and shite players on over inflated wages.

That 800 grand and 6 million on wages that you state still comes to almost 7 million in costs. Costs that are included in that 33 million.

Theres also maintenance of ibrox n murray park and also running cost of both.

Llambias has started cutting costs what do you want the guy to do?? Come on whats your solution?

The same costs will still be there under King and mini Murray