A Really Sad State Of Affairs Up Front

Essandoh

Boyd, Miller, Daly, Shiels. All had their chance, all not good enough. Nicky Clark has never ever had anyone in that back room staff believe in him enough for him to get a proper run of games, never mind the fact that when he does he gets absolutely no service.

People may laugh but I don't think it's that ridiculous: Bilel Mohsni would be more of a threat up top than any of those players above. That's how bad it is. He's so unpredictably shite at the back that it might actually be of use to Rangers letting him fuck around up top. Defenders wouldn't have a clue how to deal with him.

It surely can only get better. Fuck me these are horrible times.

Up front is bad enough, but look at the midfield. The only players in there that looked anywhere good enough was young Murdoch,and Vuckic, if you count the number of times that Law , and Hutton, passed across the park , never having a positive thought in their heads, its no wonder that we don't make many chances. Our forward players have stopped making runs in behind the opposition defenses, because no matter if they burst a gut to get there, they never got the ball.

We are a team full of no users ,non trying losers .Every one of them would make the poor team we had in the 80s look like the invincibles .Everyone of them should be punted ASAP or when we get a decent coach into the club .No exceptions .They are all garbage .See all sorts of stuff on here today saying this guy had a good game or this one has potential .Unbelievable

(tu)

Wouldn't be upset if Clark came into the fold too somehow. Maybe rotates with Vuckic or Gal.

Think if the 3 of them got regular game time theres more goals in them than Boyd or Miller.

Feel a bit of sympathy for Daly as think he's good at attacking decent crosses. Problem is we play the long ball to him with his back to goal as soon as he's on the park. And don't seem to have support capable of crossing a ball.

All in all it's about making the best of a crap situation for now.

I'd go Templeton/Ferguson on left, with Gallagher on the right and Vuckic playing just off Clark through the middle.

Really?

The main 4 have got barely a dozen league goals between them after 21 matches!

Yes mate, i firmly believe it is because the heartbeat of our team is flatlined the rest doesn't work. Attack has no service or support from midfield, most times it is a lone striker left to play against 4 defenders, and the defence has no protection from the midfield. The midfield is every teams engine room, teams dominate from there, teams attack from there and teams defend from there, we do none of those things. Our midfield don't tackle, don't break up play, don't create, don't support, don't score enough goals and can't keep possession, they don't do anything. They simply make up the numbers.

Now we have McDowall playing Kenny Miller in midfield it magnifies the problems even further having lost our last 3 matches. Guys like Smith, Aird, Miller, Law and Black offer nothing to us in midfield. Miller must partner a striker up top or he doesn't play and the rest are just very very poor footballers.

If I wiped your memory of the last 6 months and then I showed you those chances that fell to Boyd and asked you to make a bet that he'd score the majority of them, you would bet your house.

Begs the question: What the actual fuck is going on.

Look at him at Killie last season..

Now, he couldn't score in a brothel..

Yes mate, i firmly believe it is because the heartbeat of our team is flatlined the rest doesn't work. Attack has no service or support from midfield, most times it is a lone striker left to play against 4 defenders, and the defence has no protection from the midfield. The midfield is every teams engine room, teams dominate from there, teams attack from there and teams defend from there, we do none of those things. Our midfield don't tackle, don't break up play, don't create, don't support, don't score enough goals and can't keep possession, they don't do anything. They simply make up the numbers.

Now we have McDowall playing Kenny Miller in midfield it magnifies the problems even further having lost our last 3 matches. Guys like Smith, Aird, Miller, Law and Black offer nothing to us in midfield. Miller must partner a striker up top or he doesn't play and the rest are just very very poor footballers.

on the whole this is true. however boyd is and always will be a major weakness. we play too many balls to men instead of to space for men to run on to. Guess what, boyd can't run. he removes a load of attacking options. he is easy to defend against and mark out the game. pace up front needed to allow the midfield to create options and service

on the whole this is true. however boyd is and always will be a major weakness. we play too many balls to men instead of to space for men to run on to. Guess what, boyd can't run. he removes a load of attacking options. he is easy to defend against and mark out the game. pace up front needed to allow the midfield to create options and service

Should say as well. The reasin we look slow and sluggish is we pass direct to the man where they currently stand. The receiving player yhen has to gather the ball, turn and is probably being marked so just passes to another player or passes sideways rather than forward. This is ally football ethos. Tho is a problem we had a various times in the past. Chhose some space where the receiver has a chance to run onto the ball. Speeds the game up.

Miller is the best striker we have and hes about 47, that's how bad it is.

Boyd is useless, Daly is pretty poor also.

I would play Vuckic and Miller as they are our only options really.

Clark is incredibly overrated on here, he would be my next in line but as much as he doesn't really get a chance, he is nowhere near as good as people make him out...

I know what you're getting at, and anybody who claimed that Lewis MacLeod 'wasn't all that' has now had a couple of months to reflect on how bereft of craft and ideas we are without him, so I get your criticism of the midfield.

I'd have to say, though, that chances are being created. Boyd, particularly, has had a few howlers in the last couple of weeks that almost lead you to believe he must be doing it deliberately.

Nicky Clark looks as if he could run all week and still not manage to get on the end of anything or, if he did, he'd miskick it. (I would hope that would improve with more game time.)

Miller - mind wants to do it but the legs won't support him any more.

Daly - tries to bring people into the game, but nobody much seems to be on his wavelength.

My only hope for this bunch is that Clark gets more game time & we can see if he really has 'got it'.

No real chance of the other three improving, I don't think.