We Are Getting Reported For Sectarian Songs

minstral

It doesn't matter what 'fenian' means. We have been told not to sing TBB. Anyone who decided to sing it just gets the club into bother. We had this argument years ago.

If people feel that passionately about singing about 'fenians' then they need to engage some legal representation and challenge it. I seriously doubt it would make a difference though.

Personally I love the song with the alternate 'clean' lyrics as it doesn't give Timmy a chance to smear us and sounds absolutely great belted out.

What is this alternative clean version I hear you speak of?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy way round this -

Everyone wanting to sing songs that are deemed

offensive, take a mask, any will do, put it on and sing your heart out. I would love to see the police try and pursue a charge against anyone when they can't see if they're singing or not.

Fuck any apologists on here, i don't condone sectarianism but worse is the mistruth that the billy boys or the sash is sectarian. I dont hate catholic people but i hate the brand that is celtic and their insistence on supporting a defeated terrorist army thats killed more brits than al qaeda or IS.

Is god save the queen racist for having a line about rebellious scots to crush? No its fucking not so singing about hating terrorists from the 1800's most certainly is not related to religion.

Except it is not the easy way out.

It is not the police who are investigating us but the SPFL who will not care if an individual is identified or not but will simply use the fact the song can be heard to dish out the punishment they see fit to dish out.

There is not a single thing any one of us can do to stop them handing out fines or worse

What is this alternative clean version I hear you speak of?

There is a thread about alternate lyrics versions. I don't particularly care which. All I know is the current version has contributed to a wider perception of us as dodgy. I have friends who came to Scotland from abroad and chose to 'support 'them rather than us because of the impression they got about us based partially on the hooha around TBB and other songs.

We either don't sing it or sing different versions and challenge anyone who challengs us on it.

There is a thread about alternate lyrics versions. I don't particularly care which. All I know is the current version has contributed to a wider perception of us as dodgy. I have friends who came to Scotland from abroad and chose to 'support 'them rather than us because of the impression they got about us based partially on the hooha around TBB and other songs.

We either don't sing it or sing different versions and challenge anyone who challengs us on it.

I hope you no longer consider these people friends

I hope you no longer consider these people friends

I do actually. They are very smart, friendly, successful people who are only interested nominally in football, and especially not the baggage. Of course, I try to set them right but the fact remains they were potential fans lost to us thanks to the negative press surrounding stuff like this.

I do actually. They are very smart, friendly, successful people who are only interested nominally in football, and especially not the baggage. Of course, I try to set them right but the fact remains they were potential fans lost to us thanks to the negative press surrounding stuff like this.

You need to cut them off mate

so they would rather support them , and don't mind them singing abouts h*** , republican and ira songs?

Except it is not the easy way out.

It is not the police who are investigating us but the SPFL who will not care if an individual is identified or not but will simply use the fact the song can be heard to dish out the punishment they see fit to dish out.

There is not a single thing any one of us can do to stop them handing out fines or worse

If you believe that there's no way out from powers deemed to govern you then your wrong. Clubs around the world have fans that have murdered people, rioted on the streets etc and their clubs are still in existence.

Singing a song will never see then end of Rangers and the SPFL can't end us either.

Stop being such a fucking haund wringer.

so they would rather support them , and don't mind them singing abouts H*** , republican and ira songs?

Knowing my friends they'd be disgusted by that shit. They don't go to matches just casually watch in the pub. The trouble is they arrived in a country with a realistic choice of two clubs. They chose them because they perceived us as dodgy thanks to press reports like the ones we've had in the last few days. This was when we were doing great as well.

I don't use the word to mean Roman Catholic and if and when I sing the Billy Boys I do not mean that line to mean Roman Catholic or supporters of the Roman Catholic faith. So I am not a liar like you say. The meaning of the word to me a supporter of Irish Republicism. Irish Republicism is littered with Protestant Fenians as an example. leading Irish Nationalist during the 1800's John Mitchell's father was a Presbyterian minister and the phrase was originally coined by one of there own John O'Mahony

But what I will say is that this is the Roman Catholic way, say a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. They have done it for hundreds of years with many different things. There whole religion itself is based on lies and ill truths to benefit it's leaders. Why do you think their was a reformation in the first place.

The bastardisation of the word needs to be challenged as it is getting wrongly identified and wrongfully passed into laws. The more people accept this and give the dignified silence the more it will be accepted and by the end we will be sat on our hands watching the football an a 'dignified silence'.

The definition of the word is irrelevant the only thing that matters here is the club can get into trouble if supporters use that word. If you want to sing in support of the club sing songs about The Rangers, but if you want sing political songs about Irish nationalists do it away from the club so that it's only you who get into trouble.

Knowing my friends they'd be disgusted by that shit. They don't go to matches just casually watch in the pub. (The trouble is they arrived in this country with a realistic choice of two clubs. They chose them because they perceived us as dodgy thanks to press reports like the ones we've had in the last few days. This was when we were doing great as well.

We need to stand up for ourselelves though against the people who are bad mouthing our club with lies. The problem isn't bending over and taking it up the arse from the unwashed incessed cunts it's to turn pubs and challenge them and tell them they're wrong. Can you imagine a Collymore, Hag, Spiers, Englush, Spence, 3 names or Delahunt having a a full blown attack on the tims? No fucking chance as they would get tore into them and make unbearable for the cunits to even mutter anything bad about them. We have been an easy target for too long

I cant be held responsible for you bastardising the meaning of a word

wolfe tone was a fenian, was he not?

I didn't bastardise it..the fact is that many Rangers supporters, and others no doubt, have used Fenian as interchangeable with Catholic. To deny that is ludicrous. BTW...words change meaning all the time, that's what makes English such as great language.

I didn't bastardise it..the fact is that many Rangers supporters, and others no doubt, have used Fenian as interchangeable with Catholic. To deny that is ludicrous. BTW...words change meaning all the time, that's what makes English such as great language.

I unfortunatelly include myself in this and used it to mean Catholics, Sellick fans, sellick players etc.

I have done so for decades but I now realise I was wrong and my understanding of the word now is it's about anti-British Irish republican terrorists and sympathisers.

A sizeable group of fuckers who I immensely deteste and wish everyone of them a horrible and torturous slow death.

I will also educate anyone who is willing to listen on my newly found knowledge.

I don't use the word to mean Roman Catholic and if and when I sing the Billy Boys I do not mean that line to mean Roman Catholic or supporters of the Roman Catholic faith. So I am not a liar like you say. The meaning of the word to me a supporter of Irish Republicism. Irish Republicism is littered with Protestant Fenians as an example. leading Irish Nationalist during the 1800's John Mitchell's father was a Presbyterian minister and the phrase was originally coined by one of there own John O'Mahony

But what I will say is that this is the Roman Catholic way, say a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. They have done it for hundreds of years with many different things. There whole religion itself is based on lies and ill truths to benefit it's leaders. Why do you think their was a reformation in the first place.

The bastardisation of the word needs to be challenged as it is getting wrongly identified and wrongfully passed into laws. The more people accept this and give the dignified silence the more it will be accepted and by the end we will be sat on our hands watching the football an a 'dignified silence'.

I said anyone who denies it is used to mean Catholic is a liar. I didn't say it is always used that way or can only be used as such. I believe the term originates in the name of some ancient Irish warriors. It is commonly used to mean Catholic and therefore also has that definition. You do understand that words can have many meanings, even things that are opposites?

Your comments on the Catholic Church; of course it's a despicable organisation, that doesn't give anyone an excuse to use Rangers F.C. as a vehicle to abuse it's adherents. That is unacceptable in this day and age and that is not going to change. As for 'There whole religion itself is based on lies and ill truths to benefit it's leaders' [sic]; that is laughable, all organised religions are based on lies, Protestant Christianity is no different in that regard.

The last sentence is bollocks too. There is nothing to stop Rangers fans rocking the stadium with their noise without obsessing over a different sect of their cult, or with Celtic. How things have changed. When I was younger the Tims were the poor wee oppressed victims and they were obsessed by us.

was wolfe tone a fenian?