We Are Getting Reported For Sectarian Songs

minstral

Quoting myself from the other thread:

According to Tom English (on Radio Scotland, just there), the SPFL don't have a policy of strict liability for the clubs in relation to such conduct, unlike UEFA. That means that the club is not held liable, if they do all they can, however you verify that.

The clubs all agreed to this.

He hopes they change that for this instance.

I suspect that he will now use his platform in the media to campaign for this.

However, does he want it to apply to just last night, or the semi final too, which would include the scum? I wonder.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see if King/PM are willing to take the fight to the SPFL, when they get control.

As someone said earlier, surely playing back the match with selick and highlighting what they were singing plus their game on Thursday, would show the hypocrisy of it all.

What is the actual history of singing the billy boys? And how far back does it go?

Billy Fullerton would have his gang sing it while they sacrificed a catholic child in his honour on a big bonfire purposefully built and shaped liked a swastika...is the version the media & scum fans will tell you...

The other version is that it derived from this adaptation of Marching Through Georgia

Is this actual, or based purely on Collymore's comments?

The attention that cunt was getting last night became unbearable. He'll have been getting a semi at the attention the back of the North Stand was giving him. Every second song was about Stan fucking Collymore and that's exactly what he wanted.

It even irritated me a wee bit that it was his girlfriend he assaulted, not his wife. If you're going to play into his hands, be accurate.

The attention that cunt was getting last night became unbearable. He'll have been getting a semi at the attention the back of the North Stand was giving him. Every second song was about Stan fucking Collymore and that's exactly what he wanted.

It even irritated me a wee bit that it was his girlfriend he assaulted, not his wife. If you're going to play into his hands, be accurate.

You sure it was just the one girlfriend he lamped?

BT sport must be delighted, even people who have apparently cancelled their subscriptions apparently watched, and apparently the whole country was watching. Clearly the viewing figures must be through the roof, and Rangers are the key to the next TV deal.

BT sport must be delighted, even people who have apparently cancelled their subscriptions apparently watched, and apparently the whole country was watching. Clearly the viewing figures must be through the roof, and Rangers are the key to the next TV deal.

:lol:

BTSport to show more Rangers games for the viewing figures.

I do actually. They are very smart, friendly, successful people who are only interested nominally in football, and especially not the baggage. Of course, I try to set them right but the fact remains they were potential fans lost to us thanks to the negative press surrounding stuff like this.

We will lose generations of fans because of the negative spotlight we now find ourselves in.

I know a few people that have been fans all of their lives but won't take kids to games because they don't want them exposed to the more questionable parts of the song book.

We're not in the dark ages anymore and people don't want to be tarred by the element of our support that rejoice in singing songs that are blatantly offensive and hateful.

I am sorry but this is pissing me off. Rangers are getting investigated for sectarian singing in the game against Raith

yet I am pretty sure I heard the same songs being belted out at the recent OF game at Hampden.

however the SPFL have decided NOT to take action against rangers/cellic fans at that game

sorry for bbc link:

"The Scottish Professional Football League is unlikely to take action against Celtic and Rangers over the behaviour of their fans at the recent League Cup semi-final"

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31492435

You can't go after fans at one game for singing sectarian songs whislt downplaying sectarian singing at another game!

or is that because cellic were involved in one of the games so any investigation might catch their fans too where-as rangers v raith is easy pickings to get rangers fans.

double fucking standards!

if the law is to be implemented then lets see it implemented consistantly, not just every time a bear has a sing song.