The Next Rangers Manager Thread.......

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Davies either. He'd certainly give our players the kick up the arse that they need.

Cathro would probably be a better long-term option but I'm not sure if it's a realistic one right now.

Would love cathro here with felix the dof, might be unpopular but that would be my dream team.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading Alistair Johnstone's quotes today it looks like we won't be getting anyone in this season unfortunately.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. There's only a few months of the season left and we still have to identity and approach the right manager to take us forward, which isn't going to happen overnight.

Then we have to take into consideration the financial side of things aswell. We are still paying McCoist and have Ashley loans to pay back aswell.

I would like Ronald/Frank De Boer or Michael/Brian Laudrup but it will probably be McInnes

Frank and Michael are way too established to come to Scotland without an absolute fortune being thrown at them.

If you like the former player thing then Gio is Feyenoord assistant and his manager isn't renewing at the end if the season. Numan also has youth coaching and scouting experience and could play a part.

You suggest Adkins at least twice a week :lol:

I think he'd be good for us, but I know he isn't going to be a candidate :D

I was just saying in another thread there that because there is good and bad with all the supposed candidates I keep changing my mind on who I want to get the job. It's actually changing on a near daily basis at the moment.

I wouldn't complain If we got any of them tbh, Preferably Ian Cathro or Derek Mcinnes. Any of them would be an improvement to what we have had to endure for the past 3-4 years. McCoist and McDowall would be lucky to get a management job at east fife never mind rangers.

I wouldn't complain If we got any of them tbh, Preferably Ian Cathro or Derek Mcinnes. Any of them would be an improvement to what we have had to endure for the past 3-4 years. McCoist and McDowall would be lucky to get a management job at east fife never mind rangers.

Apparently McCoist is actively looking for a management job down south.