Best Trip To England To See The Bears (Apart Fae Manchester)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester ................. 1974 ( I think). Beat United 3-2 in a friendly on cup quarter final day North and South of the border. We had both been knocked out so arranged a friendly. Tommy Docherty was United manager then. He knew what we were all about. Prematch tannoy blasting out Rangers and orange favourites.

Saved me typing, fantastic day out. Untited cnuts charging us from the Stretford end and they ended up getting a wee kick in the baws.

Polis grabbing me by the shoulder, at which point I thought "oh hell", only to hear him request "please give me the empty bottle when you are finished".

Only downer on the trip was our bus getting its window smashed before we left Manchester. Had to drive all the way back to Glasgow with no windshield, bloody freezing.

Surprised no ones said Tranmere. Advocatts first game in charge I think. We were supposed to be going to Dublin but the authorities bottled it. What a comeback from us in the second half. Can anyone post the highlights ?

got to be sheffield from beginning to end

friendliest bunch of natives I've ever met

the Wednesday fans applauded us at the end of the game

and that memory will live with me forever

still get goosebumps thinking about it

At least you stayed awake for that one unlike Derby.

Spurs at white hart lane 69 or 70, think we lost 2-0 but it was quite a good trip. the pub just outside the ground caused a bit of a riot because the greedy bastard raised his prices 4 times in the space of an hour, I got out just as it kicked off. The Sheffield trip is definitely the best away trip over all the ones I have been on.

Sheffield was beyond brilliant - the whole day was just excellent. As someone said earlier the natives were fantastic with us as were the coppers who had no issues with booze being drunk anywhere!!

Hoping for another day like that very soon :cheers:

My Da ran a bus from the drum all the boys from up the hill went on it,

i remember that we couldn't fill it ( about 10 seats short ) so we had to chip in some more money before the fkin driver would move :rolleyes:

Anyway,down at Birmingham i remember having a game of fitba in the bull ring it was about 100 a side and,all the shoppers must have thought we were mental ( we probably were then ) got drunk and went to the game.

We were up the back at our end i can't remember the name ot it,there was a barney with the polis they were trying to lift someone and some boys were throwing bottles at the polis,at the back there was some stairs and they were full of smashed glass which the polis dragged the lads down.

Then the riot started and i never got on the pitch as we were at the back but it looked great from where we were :21: our bus left just before midnight minus a few but nobody got lifted.

Drum boy originally mate? Gods country, who you used to go with?

Drum boy originally mate? Gods country, who you used to go with?

the Fettercairn lads,Bally,Tiff Davies,Roddy Aitken,big Eck Murray Clemmy and others,i'm in my 50's so i don't know if you'll know them all

the Fettercairn lads,Bally,Tiff Davies,Roddy Aitken,big Eck Murray Clemmy and others,i'm in my 50's so i don't know if you'll know them all

You're just older than my old boy. He stayed up the hull as well. He ran about with davie and Bobby ross. Their brother jock runs the drum bus now

You're just older than my old boy. He stayed up the hull as well. He ran about with davie and Bobby ross. Their brother jock runs the drum bus now

their names don't ring a bell.i've been down south for over 30 years now, but i still get back up the drum now and then. i was up a few weeks ago for Ballys maws funeral,back to the Goodyear after it and then the Butty.

their names don't ring a bell.i've been down south for over 30 years now, but i still get back up the drum now and then. i was up a few weeks ago for Ballys maws funeral,back to the Goodyear after it and then the Butty.

The butty :lol: what a place that is. Goodyear is a great wee club though few boys on here go there.

Any the guys you know still go on the bus? Fair chance I'll know them but I'm shite with names

The butty :lol: what a place that is. Goodyear is a great wee club though few boys on here go there.

Any the guys you know still go on the bus? Fair chance I'll know them but I'm shite with names

i'm no sure but Bally used to sit with paw Brown at the games i don't think they go on the bus though.