Best Trip To England To See The Bears (Apart Fae Manchester)

Always a truly amazing experience but for me Stuart McCall's Testimonial at Bradford with the 9 in a row side tops them all :thumbup:

Its said a lot how great our travelling support is but that day we were fkng immense :praise:

Always remember leaving on the bus and seeing the faces of our Asian Brethren (take a lesson CG) :uk: as our bus rocked :crabflute:

These are trips every Bear should make with their son :21: or daughter for memories to last a lifetime.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester ................. 1974 ( I think). Beat United 3-2 in a friendly on cup quarter final day North and South of the border. We had both been knocked out so arranged a friendly. Tommy Docherty was United manager then. He knew what we were all about. Prematch tannoy blasting out Rangers and orange favourites.

My second city, Sheffield. I had already been down numerous times visiting family/watching United but the whole day against Wednesday was unreal. From the bus journey down to the incredible support inside Hillsborough, it's my favourite ever away day.

Nigel Winterburns Testimonial at Highbury was a Superb Trip!!. Overnight with The Toby True Blues Bus and we never stopped singing for 30 hours. Sashed it up in Trafalgar Sq and the best highlight was the stadium being evacuated for a bomb scare!!..But they left us in and we gave it "No surrender to the i r gay" for the wholetime..We gave Seamen pelters as well about his dodgy tash and he tried to shut us up by tapping his elbow in reference to his penalty save in Euro 96!!??..We all just burst into "Rule Brittania and God Save Our Queen!!" He just looked on in awe shaking his head!. At full time I can remember Winterburn himself giving the Rangers Fans a longer thank you than he did for the gooners...Mind you I had quite a few shandies that day and can't recall the score!?

4-4 or 4-3??...Hopefully anyone who was more Sober than me that day will confirm the actual score!!. But I have my own Lovely Memories of that trip!!

Even on the way out of the ground getting frogmarched back to our buses the O.T.T Police presence wasn't a downer!! The cop near me was well impressed as he commented that he couldn't believe we had came all the way down for what was a "silly friendly!?"..Left him with a "WE ARE THE PEOPLE" as we got on the bus for the "bouncing" trip home.. :7325::7326::ulster:

Technically this doesnt count...but the first away game to Berwick in 3rd Division, was bouncing! We were singing 4 Lads Had A Dream from when the team were warming up will well into the first half, and I was stone cold sober but it was still great.

Derby last year was brilliant too, drinkn the wine from half 4 in the morning, Derby didnt know what had hit them. Was a proud day to be a bear.