Mccall Hints At Changes For Tuesday

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"We will freshen things up for Tuesday."

"That's four draws on the bounce now and that's not acceptable, it never is when you're at a club of this size."

Hopefully by this he means he'll be dropping players who have been underperforming lately. Jig being a perfect example.

He also says we don't really have a big squad and Vuckic and Faure look to be injured now. It looks as though we really don't have many options unless some of the young guys can step up. If there were real choices you could easily drop half the fuckn team that played on Saturday.

He has no option.

This set of players has seen off two managers this season McCall will not want to be the third.

He gave the players a chance on Saturday and they not only never took it they betrayed McCall' s trust.

I fully expect major changes in Tuesday.

Anything else and it puts McCall under pressure right away although no manager should ever be judged using someone else's players.

He also says we don't really have a big squad and Vuckic and Faure look to be injured now. It looks as though we really don't have many options unless some of the young guys can step up. If there were real choices you could easily drop half the fuckn team that played on Saturday.

I honestly believe that the fans would be delighted and fully supportive to see the youths replace the duds.

miller: poor

Boyd: poor

Jig: poor

Law: poor

and the list goes on

the only players givng me anything to smile about at the moment are:

Robinson: he has put in good shifts and is giving it his all. Has real energy about him

McGregor: pretty solid at the back and putting in some good tackles

Tom Walsh: breath of fresh air in the team

Nicky Clarke: always gives in 110% and is perhaps the most underrated in the current squad

vuckic looks ok too and wallace at times

I bet the new manager knows the score now: new blood needed and fast. too many of the current lot aere never going to make the grade and have already had too many chances.

without the newcastle lads we still have a first team squad of 25 players not including the guys on loan and any possible youngsters in the youths

where mccall gets this "we dont have a big squad" nonsense is a strange one

depends on who you include in that 25.

without the newcastle lads we still have a first team squad of 25 players not including the guys on loan and any possible youngsters in the youths

where mccall gets this "we dont have a big squad" nonsense is a strange one

I think he is referring to how many in the squad he would pick if he had a choice!

and the list goes on

Robinson: he has put in good shifts and is giving it his all. Has real energy about him

Nicky Clarke: always gives in 110% and is perhaps the most underrated in the current squad

I bet the new manager knows the score now: new blood needed and fast. too many of the current lot aere never going to make the grade and have already had too many chances.

Nicky Clark is one of our worst players. Many people were shouting give him a run haha....you must be kidding me! The more he plays the worse he gets! Can't hold the ball up and every first touch puts him bang in trouble

Nicky Clark is one of our worst players. Many people were shouting give him a run haha....you must be kidding me! The more he plays the worse he gets! Can't hold the ball up and every first touch puts him bang in trouble

Runs about like a headless chicken and constantly fluffs his lines.

I must be wearing McCoist goggles :7325:

and the list goes on

The only players that would keep their places for me would be Robinson, Wallace, McGregor and Walsh

Jig , Hutton, Law......

Dropping Jig is a no brainer. The fact he is captain is the only thing that might keep him in the team (although it shouldn't).

Hutton has had a few good games since coming into the team. But in recent weeks, I feel as if he has been playing the game far too slow and hasn't been forward thinking enough. Far too many sideways and backwards passes. I'd like to see Murdoch brought back in in his place.

I have a feeling he might give Law a few more games to try and get the best out of him the way he did at Motherwell.

I agree that that major changes need made but the fact we missed the boat blooding some of these youngsters over the last few years , means there going in against fit, hungry experienced guys , im afraid the shysters are going to have to stand up and get us out if this

Some wild random thoughts on what 'freshen up' might mean.....

Bell back in goal?

Daly to CB with McCulloch dropped?

Aird in at RB - time to learn how to play RB as he is not going to make it as a r/midfiled or winger. But he has some pace.

Gallagher and Clark to start up front.

Walsh to retain his place.

Temps in.

Shiels in for Law (or maybe Murdoch in)

Back to the booze now.

Anyone notice during the game where McCall was giving instructions to push up and get forward but Jig and Wallace are signalling to players to calm it down?

There was a few times when Mcall was doing the same thing. It's alright playing at a high tempo but not when you're not using your head.