Cricket

4 minutes ago, Craigyboy9 said:

This could be finished today the way it’s going

Its cricket carnage. 

The pitches since the 1st Test have been diabolical tbh. 

Not making excuses for some horrific batting by any means but these wickets are not even sunday league standard never mind 5 day Test match standard. 

3 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Its cricket carnage. 

Not making excuses for some horrific batting by any means but these wickets are not even 20/20 standards never mind 5 day Test match standards. 

It's a strange pitch. The ball has mostly done nothing, bar the odd one that has really bit.

So many people have gotten out to a ball that did nothing of note, but obviously it's catching out some top class players time and time again. 

1 minute ago, Badger said:

It's a strange pitch. The ball has mostly done nothing, bar the odd one that has really bit.

So many people have gotten out to a ball that did nothing of note. 

Yeah thats true. Was listening to Tuffers on the bbc chat talking about how many have strode forward and completely missed a straight ball with the bat. 

But a Test match pitch should last 5 days. This needed repaired on day 1. 

6 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Its cricket carnage. 

Not making excuses for some horrific batting by any means but these wickets are not even sunday league standard never mind 5 day Test match standard. 

It started disintegrating after a couple of overs. No wonder the seamers aren’t bowling much. Could a bad injury in those holes. 

This will be done in no time tbh. I used to quite like India but find them to be nauseating. 

The screaming and the general attitude is far too arrogant. 

Mind you this is such a crazy game will India reach 49 to win it. 

16 wickets for just 126 runs in 50.2 overs. Is madness 

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

This will be done in no time tbh. I used to quite like India but find them to be nauseating. 

The screaming and the general attitude is far too arrogant. 

Mind you this is such a crazy game will India reach 49 to win it. 

16 wickets for just 126 runs in 50.2 overs. Is madness 

I used to like India until I worked (in the Middle East) with teams of 20-30 Indian born and educated Indians who were managing large projects. It was a horrible experience, the scheming and nasty behaviour of which you would think I was exaggerating or making it up as it is so far removed from anything that would happen in a European workplace. I honestly cannot take much positive from working with the white collar lot.

But then, you only need to look at the ICC to get a flavour.

I'm no fan of India and as @kplfishtank says they have so much power the ICC kowtows to them, but the narrative from the English constantly goes back to the pitch - both sets of teams had to play on this and a number of the wickets were simply ridiculously bad batting / crumbling under the pressure of the game situation. A lot of these English guys play IPL so should be more used to spinning/slower wickets and when it came to the 4th innings India had no issues knocking the low total off

Not totally letting India off with it though, they have consistently prepared garbage wickets for years and years and years but nobody will hold them to account

2 hours ago, Badger said:

I used to like India until I worked (in the Middle East) with teams of 20-30 Indian born and educated Indians who were managing large projects. It was a horrible experience, the scheming and nasty behaviour of which you would think I was exaggerating or making it up as it is so far removed from anything that would happen in a European workplace. I honestly cannot take much positive from working with the white collar lot.

But then, you only need to look at the ICC to get a flavour.

I'd counter that by saying I went to India with work pretty regularly for about 5 years and the guys who worked for me were some of the best people you could imagine. Far harder workers and way more diligent than their counterparts in the UK. 

They actually took me to a cricket match in Pune which was a phenomenal night out and an atmosphere that was Incredible.

53 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

I'd counter that by saying I went to India with work pretty regularly for about 5 years and the guys who worked for me were some of the best people you could imagine. Far harder workers and way more diligent than their counterparts in the UK. 

They actually took me to a cricket match in Pune which was a phenomenal night out and an atmosphere that was Incredible.

I found the blue collar staff to be warm and friendly, but the white collar and management world was a nightmare. Unfair to judge a country of over 1.5b on the actions of about 100 folk (mostly from Kerala and Tamil Nadu) across a few different sites and projects - but my experience of working with Indians was of a treacherous, arrogant and scheming group of people - quite the opposite to the British born ones I've worked with.

I was over there as a 3rd party consultant and auditor, and I was finding a lot wrong. They had co-ordinated efforts to undermine me as I was seen as a threat. Lying was a big problem and they didn't seem to care too much about it - everything from just telling you what you wanted to hear, to lying about qualifications, faking paperwork, etc. Then you had the blatant workplace racism which was difficult to understand as you simply do not see it in the UK.

I blamed a lot of it in a culture that seemed to promote memorising knowledge as opposed to gaining an understanding, and a terrible work place management culture which just stifled any questioning attitudes.  I know you see things in the UK but it was levels above anything I've seen. It was absolutely horrible to work alongside, and I just grew to be fed up Indians, which isn't exactly fair. 

5 hours ago, Badger said:

I found the blue collar staff to be warm and friendly, but the white collar and management world was a nightmare. Unfair to judge a country of over 1.5b on the actions of about 100 folk (mostly from Kerala and Tamil Nadu) across a few different sites and projects - but my experience of working with Indians was of a treacherous, arrogant and scheming group of people - quite the opposite to the British born ones I've worked with.

I was over there as a 3rd party consultant and auditor, and I was finding a lot wrong. They had co-ordinated efforts to undermine me as I was seen as a threat. Lying was a big problem and they didn't seem to care too much about it - everything from just telling you what you wanted to hear, to lying about qualifications, faking paperwork, etc. Then you had the blatant workplace racism which was difficult to understand as you simply do not see it in the UK.

I blamed a lot of it in a culture that seemed to promote memorising knowledge as opposed to gaining an understanding, and a terrible work place management culture which just stifled any questioning attitudes.  I know you see things in the UK but it was levels above anything I've seen. It was absolutely horrible to work alongside, and I just grew to be fed up Indians, which isn't exactly fair. 

Fair play, you can only talk about what you see.

The people who reported to me were, in Indian terms, in the top 1% of earners and were mostly all graduates. I only ever had a positive experience over 4/5 years and if anything while working there I felt like a king rather than anything else.