Cricket

On 16/06/2019 at 19:14, TEFTONG said:

DLS farce. :notallowed:

Does anyone even remotely understand it? I play a lot of club cricket so like to think I’m clued up with the rules, but Christ I’ve got no idea how they work out DLS.

Have they changed the way it’s calculated now to factor fall of wickets? As it seems to dramatically change between overs now

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Does anyone even remotely understand it? I play a lot of club cricket so like to think I’m clued up with the rules, but Christ I’ve got no idea how they work out DLS.

Have they changed the way it’s calculated now to factor fall of wickets? As it seems to dramatically change between overs now

All I know is the dude from Divine Comedy did an album on it. And it fucked Scotland from qualifying instead of the Windies. 

But your right it's complicated beyond any sense of reasonableness.  

24 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Just turned it on to see Maxwell hopefully hit the quickest ever 50 and he gets fucking run out.

Khawaja has absolutely done him. It’s the 47th over and he’s run out the finisher; who was striking at 320+; by refusing to go for a quick single :lol: 

12 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Khawaja has absolutely done him. It’s the 47th over and he’s run out the finisher; who was striking at 320+; by refusing to go for a quick single :lol: 

If I was Maxwell I would have walloped Khawaja with my bat for pulling a stunt like that; he would have had a chance to make it home if he would not had stopped mid pitch. I hope Langer gave him a bollocking also because our batting fell in a heap after that. I know it didn't matter in the end, but that's not the point. The consensus of opinion here is that he saved himself so he could get a century, so we actually cheered when the prick got caught on 89.

5 hours ago, Ozblue said:

If I was Maxwell I would have walloped Khawaja with my bat for pulling a stunt like that; he would have had a chance to make it home if he would not had stopped mid pitch. I hope Langer gave him a bollocking also because our batting fell in a heap after that. I know it didn't matter in the end, but that's not the point. The consensus of opinion here is that he saved himself so he could get a century, so we actually cheered when the prick got caught on 89.

I don’t see why Khawaja is in the team, he’s not got a good enough strike rate to open let alone bat down the order in ODIs

18 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

I don’t see why Khawaja is in the team, he’s not got a good enough strike rate to open let alone bat down the order in ODIs

The reason Khawaja is in the team is twofold; The first reason is that Ponting wanted him there so either he or Stevie Smith could come in at first drop depending on which opener gets out first and which bowler Bangladesh would be using at that stage of the game, so they can keep the left hand= right hand batting partnership going. The second reason is that Khawaja is actually the worlds leading ODI run scorer this year leading into the world cup (believe it or not)  plus he can bowl right arm off-breaks if we need a spinner.

He's not my cup of tea at times, but he's a far better option than either of the two Marsh brothers who would come in at number four if he was dropped.  I'm sure that Ponting and Langer would have gave him a few words of wisdom when he got back in the sheds.

21 hours ago, Creampuff said:

India restricted to 228-8 against Afghanistan.

The Afghans blew it. Kohli was ott with his appeals as well. Good to see he has been fined. But a one game ban would send out a stronger message. 

Loving the lower total games tbh. So exciting. And a real test of the bowlers and a captains field placements.

10 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

The Afghans blew it. Kohli was ott with his appeals as well. Good to see he has been fined. But a one game ban would send out a stronger message. 

Loving the lower total games tbh. So exciting. And a real test of the bowlers and a captains field placements.

Kohli gets away with murder towards umpires tbh. 

2 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Big one today v the convicts , could go either way buy with Roy again missing I’m no as confident as I should be. 

Off to Leicester today for a course. Really not happy that im going to be missing the majority of this. 

I expect a close game. But hopefully England win it. The Aussie's have found that arrogance and winning mentality again. Knock it out of them before the semi's.

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Big one today v the convicts , could go either way buy with Roy again missing I’m no as confident as I should be. 

Roy is a big loss as our top order isn’t settled without him.

Interesting to hear on TMS that the wicket being used means there’s a short leg-side boundary. May just put some doubts in about using both Moeen and Rashid, especially when Plunkett gets vital wickets. I think if Roy was fit Moeen would be dropped for today for Plunkett

18 minutes ago, billscott said:

they are going to struggle now to make the top 4  last 2 games against the 2 undefeated teams in competition  new zealand and india 

They have suffered from losing Roy. But the weaknesses have been exploited by teams with more desire and I think they won't make it to the semis in all honesty.

To see Morgan having a laugh whilst the game was in danger of getting away from them also sums up the piss poor attitude and application they have given to the tournament for me.