Summer Transfers

Celtic have shown us the Scandinavian market is the place to shop. They have done extremely well from it over the years.

True, no work permit issues, cheap wages, no climate adapting, much cheaper than British players too transfer fee wise

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't you see it happening? He's leaving Brentford no matter what happens in the play offs, who else could he go to that has European football in the foreseeable future and 52 000 seater stadium?

We have European football in the foreseeable future????

Seems like they've got a tough task ahead of them if they are going to get back up. If they've signed players who have done well elsewhere but have flopped for them then you have to assume they've just been badly managed.

I'd take McKay even if he isn't great with his overall play. We need a guy who can score (thanks Boyd) and I think he would be a great option. I'd take Taylor-Sinclair too tbh. He was getting a lot of praise when he was at plastic whistle and I'd rather have a younger guy like him in the squad than Steven Smith too.

Possibly that's all that's happened. I firmly believe Wigan would not have been relegated if Rosler had seen out the season. Although it was only a matter of time before he got sacked, I think most now wish he was still here!

McKay isn't great, but yeah he'd probably still score for us. His record really isn't all that good apart from his two good seasons at Inverness though. I think in general the championship is just too high for wages in the most part.

League One, however is maybe more likely. Teams like Sheffield United have a large contingent of Scottish players like Stefan Scougall, for example, who'd come in and do a decent job. Just really not sure what sort of fees we'd be able to payout. Ryan Flynn and Jamie Murphy there also.

Just checked Rangers rumours and it's on there too. He'll be hanging on to see if he gets a new deal until he's booted out the door.

I think Kilmarnock is a complete non starter anyway.

Just checked Rangers rumours and it's on there too. He'll be hanging on to see if he gets a new deal until he's booted out the door.

I think Kilmarnock is a complete non starter anyway.

Jig will stay in Scotland if not Rangers ill guess motherwell

I don't really care where McCulloch goes as long as it is nowhere near the pitch at Ibrox...

If he is serving teas or doing some kind of coaching thing with the kids or something, then fair enough but he is WAAAY beyond being able to continue playing and I would have dumped him after we won the Third Division.

Jig will stay in Scotland if not Rangers ill guess motherwell

I think he'll price himself out of a move in the Scottish market. In all honesty i can't see him getting a club so i think he might retire.

I don't really care where McCulloch goes as long as it is nowhere near the pitch at Ibrox...

If he is serving teas or doing some kind of coaching thing with the kids or something, then fair enough but he is WAAAY beyond being able to continue playing and I would have dumped him after we won the Third Division.

With you 100% on this.

I hope he dosen't get any coaching roles at Rangers either though. He has done nothing to either earn it or deserve it.

The home market would get us what we need for the next couple of years at a smaller wage total. Not that im not hoping we can dig up some gems from elsewhere.

If you mean Scotland then I'd see what you mean even though I think we should be looking more to Europe; however, if it's to England then I would think exactly the opposite. The ludicrous transfer fees and wages in the Premiership have filtered down through the leagues and it's a horrendously overpriced market down there now. Given the relative lack of quality on offer, the Championship is obscenely wealthy in the main, due to parachute payments and Sky TV money dripping down. We'd be far better looking to the northern European markets fro value.

Some of the utter dross that now goes there for anything between 5-10 million, and on occasion more, is jaw dropping.

Why can't you see it happening? He's leaving Brentford no matter what happens in the play offs, who else could he go to that has European football in the foreseeable future and 52 000 seater stadium?

Because we aren't an attractive option at the moment and clubs in England can give him resources to work with that we can only dream of.

Warburton would be a great move, and the Sir Davie Weir connection along with a technical director who is also moving on could be a perfect fit for us in rebuilding. Buy I'm not kidding myself here. McCall will get the job on a 2 year deal, that's my guess.

Warburton will either end up at a premiership club next season or he'll take over one of the clubs that gets relegated this season tasked with taking them straight back up. His stock will be high after working wonders at Brentford on a small budget in one of the most competitive leagues around.

Guys thinking he would even look twice in our direction are in need of a reality check as they're clearly deluded as to where we really are currently.

i think the lower end La Liga teams aren't any better than the likes of the Sheep but higher wages. It's a crap market IMO

Sweden, Norway, Belgium would be better

Just remember.. Diego Costa was playing lower league football in Portugal not long ago. There are players to be found.

Scandinavian market is a good one.. fees would be minimal and wages wouldnt be a massive problem. The top earners in Denmark are on about £10k per week....thats players like Agger and Cornelius who both came from the Premiership.

Just remember.. Diego Costa was playing lower league football in Portugal not long ago. There are players to be found.

Scandinavian market is a good one.. fees would be minimal and wages wouldnt be a massive problem. The top earners in Denmark are on about £10k per week....thats players like Agger and Cornelius who both came from the Premiership.

Agger ending up back in Denmark just a year or so after he was being talked about as a target for a City & Barcelona was a strange one.

I'm assuming he wanted to move home for personal reasons?

Agger ending up back in Denmark just a year or so after he was being talked about as a target for a City & Barcelona was a strange one.

I'm assuming he wanted to move home for personal reasons?

Yea.. Dont think he was enjoying it at Liverpool at all. Injuries obviously played a part as well...seems to be injured for his boyhood heroes a lot as well.

Yea.. Dont think he was enjoying it at Liverpool at all. Injuries obviously played a part as well...seems to be injured for his boyhood heroes a lot as well.

Rogers didn't seem to rate him at all which I found baffling. He was Liverpool's best defender for years imo.

Does anyone think we will have a budget for transfer fees? King has spoken about the squad needing investment but it's never been clear if he means wages or if we can begin to buy.

I've said it before but a spine of younger Scottish guys such as Danny Wilson, Scott Allan and Stevie May would be my preference. All could hit the ground running, are 24 or younger and have a scope to improve our team and themselves.

Vuckic would be good but I'm not sure Newcastle will entertain us. We really need 8 players or more.