Summer Transfers

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kari Arnason would be a good signing.

I really liked him at Aberdeen and I think he would be an excellent foil for Murdoch too.

Had a few sherbets and thought for a minute that said excellent foil for McCulloch - nearly passed out :lol:

Joe Mattock was really highly rated a few years ago.

Not sure why it seems to have gone so wrong for him.

The lad has got talent his temper can let him down now and again he can also switch off during games

The guy you need is Lewis Buxton

One player worth a look for me is Matt Mills out of contract at Bolton, watched him for Doncaster a few times before he moved to Reading.

28 years old and a solid CB

He's currently on £25k a week. Championship sides will offer him much more than we can.

Bobby Oljneik released by Peterborugh.

He'd be a far better number one for us than Bell is.

Was genuinely thinking of posting this but thought people would disagree with me.

Luke James was also very highly rated a couple years ago, also released.

Was genuinely thinking of posting this but thought people would disagree with me.

Luke James was also very highly rated a couple years ago, also released.

I'm not sure why they don't want him tbh. He's had nothing by praise for his performances everywhere he's been since he moved down South.

Sandy ficsher looks a really good centre back, good with the ball and lethal in the air, I thought that ozturk looked good yesterday for hearts. I think we need someone who is going to score 25+ goals a season alswell but I can't think of anyone that is realistic with our budget, also see if we could get young Wilson on loan from Liverpool, looks a real talent.

Rooney from ICT.

That the ex-Falkirk lad?

Always seemed to be a solid enough keeper from what I remember.

That's the one, was always a good keeper, despite Novo scoring that excellent goal against him in the Scottish Cup final! Falkirk have had a few decent keepers over the years. They had both Kasper Schmeichal and Tim Krul on loan!

Olejnik couldn't get a game for Peterborough but folk say he's better than Cammy Bell based on him seeing him twice for Falkirk about 7 years ago

Aye ok

It's not like it's the 90's anymore where you can only get information from the Daily Record or the Evening Times either is it?

You can easily google any player in the world and find out what fans, managers or even journalists are saying about a player.

Surely we can do better than League 1 & 2 players from England?

Even if we AREN'T promoted, we'd surely be looking at Scottish Premiership and English Championship players for either free or bought transfers and maybe some Premiership guys leaving on frees or loans rather than total nobodies from Luton or Oxford!

I know we almost certainly aren't going to be getting the guys we want but surely virtually any player from any of the 11 Premiership teams in Scotland that aren't them or most English Championship players that aren't expected to go to big English teams on big fees are within our level? Or maybe guys that haven't quite hit the heights in the English Premiership?

I don't think getting guys from teams that are no more glamourous than Morton or Airdrie is the answer although those leagues do have a handful of prospects to be fair but we certainly couldn't build a Premiership champion team from that level.

Im going to put my neck out here. Rangers will NOT pay a penny in transfer fees this summer.