17 Points Out Of 30

OzGers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't really mean anything tbh.

For example did McC win more meaningful matches in the league this season , against teams that matter ?

Every game matters the same. It's our performances against the shite teams which have affected us as much as the losses against the teams around us.

Every game matters the same. It's our performances against the shite teams which have affected us as much as the losses against the teams around us.

No it doesn't.

How many points did McCoist get against the teams we're playing against in the play offs compared to McCall ? These are six pointers !

As an older bear , having watched Rangers from the days of Waddell , home and away in the era of Greig and Jock Wallace's second spell , I have never been more bored with McCoist's brand of football. He's turned thousands away with his style of football.

When we won the league last season without losing a game , with his standard of football , surely the alarm bells must have been ringing . You must have thought then , that we weren't prepared for a step up in class ?

I was.

Speaking for myself , I have no doubt McCoist , as a manager , is the biggest disaster that has befallen Rangers.

No it doesn't.

How many points did McCoist get against the teams we're playing against in the play offs compared to McCall ? These are six pointers !

As an older bear , having watched Rangers from the days of Waddell , home and away in the era of Greig and Jock Wallace's second spell , I have never been more bored with McCoist's brand of football. He's turned thousands away with his style of football.

When we won the league last season without losing a game , with his standard of football , surely the alarm bells must have been ringing . You must have thought then , that we weren't prepared for a step up in class ?

I was.

Speaking for myself , I have no doubt McCoist , as a manager , is the biggest disaster that has befallen Rangers.

You do realise these 6 pointers aren't actually 6 pointers?

No more so than us losing to a bottom team and Hibs and Hearts winning on the same day.

At the end of the season it's the total points which matter, not who they were accumulated against. We could have lost all 12 games to Hearts, Hibs and QOTS and still finished second

You do realise these 6 pointers aren't actually 6 pointers?

No more so than us losing to a bottom team and Hibs and Hearts winning on the same day.

At the end of the season it's the total points which matter, not who they were accumulated against. We could have lost all 12 games to Hearts, Hibs and QOTS and still finished second

Perfectly aware of that.

But the question is , how did McCoist do against the teams that matter ? Given that we're about to play them in the play offs ?

Bottom line , would you be more confident had McCoist still be there ?

I didn't realise his stats were that poor. I thought that he's been doing a good job, but we've been dropping points too easily, like yesterday against hearts.

He needs to have a look at the system, and players, played, when we won most of our games, then follow that system.

Our record against QOS is terrible, maybe we should try to ' park the bus' in the first leg, relying on breakaways to score, perhaps? Not the Rangers way, but we've got to play to our strengths, not theirs..

Im on the fence with McCall.

But how many managers can we go through? What if McCall makes new signings in the summer and were still pish under him? Do we pay him off then bring in another manager who will be left with a squad he didnt pick? It feels like a never ending cycle.

Im starting to think its not just the manager thats the problem here its the entire system at Auchenhowie or something. We should bring someone in who can make some 5 year plan for us and sort our entire football program out because its obviously a shambles at Murray Park.

I think that's what we need too but I worry that the board lack the knowledge needed to go and make a bold, almost off the wall, appointment like that.

I think they will always go for the safe, easy and obvious option. I actually think McCall will get the job for next season and if they don't then I think they will make a play for McInnes or Davies.

S McC - 17 from 30 = 56%

K McD - 12 from 30 = 40%

A McC - 38 from 48 = 79%

So was it style that was held against A McC?

With no scouting department he bought players on reputation.

Grow up ffs. Mccostalot spent 21 million, how much has Mccall spent?

Mccostalot brought us Boyd, Smith, Foster, Daly and dreadful dreadful football.

Not sure about McCall tbh. like some of his decisions to play more attacking football and give youth a chance. Hate his blind loyalty to jig who cost us points again.

If the team can't - or won't - defend properly them avoidable goals are lost. Even under McCall far too many defensive mistakes were made and avoidable goals lost. He has not done one of the primary things that needed to be done and that was to select a competent defence and organise it to stop making basic mistakes that lead to goals. I don't believe he attached anywhere near enough priority to that. Why say this? Because the repeated selection of McCulloch in a position that has not been appropriate for him for a long time now was instrumental in goals being lost. And games being lost or not won when they should have been won. McCall seems to have been wilfully blind to what was obvious to many. And in being wilfully blind to putting much higher effort into fixing the problem it has cost us 2nd spot. It may yet cost us promotion.

Not sure about McCall tbh. like some of his decisions to play more attacking football and give youth a chance. Hate his blind loyalty to jig who cost us points again.

21 million included wages over 3 seasons. McCall has spent wages at the same rate.

Boyd, Daly et al had good SPL reputations. In the absence of scouts he bought the reputations.

And.....

If A McC had continued to pick up points at the same rate, we would have gone into those last 2 games with a chance to catch Hearts.

The defence has been a nightmare all season with or without certain players.The ammount of clean sheets this team has kept is nothing short of shocking.In saying that about the defence the full team and i mean the so called senior players has been shocking all season and the sooner the majority of them are hunted out of Ibrox the better.Still to many players regardless of how bad they play keep getting played.A while back the defence lost 3 goals in 20 minutes to a part time team in Alloa and what changes did the management of the time make for the next match at the back,you guessed it none.What kind of signal does that give out apart from the one which has hung over this squad for way to long.Doesnt matter how bad certain players play they will be on the team sheet regardless which is why we need a non "Rangers man" as manager who has the bollocks to hunt the majority if not all of the so called senior squad who as far as im concerned are nothing but a bunch of losers who dont deserve a longer stay at our club regardless of how they perform over the next few games.

I'm caught in two minds with mccall. I genuinely believe we play the better, more attractive football however our defensive frailties are are evident as ever. Would he do better with improved players?

the problem is that certain players under mccall seem to play no matter what, and we lambasted ally for just that

win 4-0 at home against raith, but mccall brings jig right back in the next game and we draw 1-1 away from home to bottom of the table livi

beat dumbarton 3-1 away from home, next game drops clark for miller and we draw 2-2, both goals come when miller is off the park

when mccoist left we had dropped 16 points in the league, where do you get your figures from?

McDowall managed 10, won 3 and drew 3. So 12 points from 10 games.

I presume the OP is correct about S McC. So I attributed all other games/points to A McC.

Are you sure it wasn't 16 points behind, incl games in hand?

McDowall managed 10, won 3 and drew 3. So 12 points from 10 games.

I presume the OP is correct about S McC. So I attributed all other games/points to A McC.

Are you sure it wasn't 16 points behind, incl games in hand?

i checked our results up until the hibs away game as i knew kenny was in charge for that and ally had dropped 16 points in total in the league

hibs, heartsx2 and qots all defeats for ally in the league, thats 12 right away

drew with alloa and someone else gives the other 4 points dropped

when mccoist left we had dropped 16 points in the league, where do you get your figures from?

Apols, just gone through it game by game. I had included Raith cup game against K McD.

Actual championship results are:

A McC - 35points from 51 = 68%

K McD - 12 from 24 = 50%

S McC - 20 from 33 (by my count) - 61%