If we sign Naismith...

Mad Dog

I'd be delighted to have such riches up front :lol:

You also forgot Buffel.

As for who I'd play; what encourages me is that any combination of those players is still quality, and the depth is what a club like Rangers needs.

So, I ain't sure I have a strict preference, and feel reassured that any of them can come in and justify their selection.

at home a front 2 of Frenchie and Naismith with Gow just behind - Boyd on the bench

away, Frenchie on his own - but Gow and naismith both coming from Attacking midfield areas

I've been thinking about this more and more, and I don't think we should sign him, I don't think we need him.

We have Novo (if he plays in a more central role), Boyd, JCD, Lennon (if given a chance), Sebo if he can find the back of the net but is still a handful.

On top of that we have Gow (an attacking midfielder) who can also play as a striker.

Probably other players I've forgotten about.

I think if we get most of the players that we are chasing we will have fantastic options. Best would be Boyd and Darcheville as strikers, Beasley and Faubert on the wings and barry in the middle pulling the strings. I realise that this is all speculation but i strongly suspect that this would be Walters intended ideal attacking line up. And i'd be delighted with it too.

it is more likely than not that we will NOT get Naismith or Faubert.

I'm not so sure...

Both deals look about 50/50

I would say Faubert is looking more 70/30 in favour (tu)

All we need to do is a gree a fee and if he is to be our "major" summer signing I expect us to to go all out to get him!

it is more likely than not that we will NOT get Naismith or Faubert.

I'm not so sure...

Both deals look about 50/50

Naismith is ours if we match Kilmarnocks asking price, I am pretty confident about that.

The same goes for Faubert, whom has stated that his heart is set on a move to Ibrox.

Smith has obviously identidied both as players he wants and I think we may just match the asking price, certainly in the case of Naismith. Faubert may be out of our reach, I don't know.

But I don't think it's more likely that we won't get them.