Mccall Got It Spot On...

JRodgA2k8

Have to congratulate McCall, but I disagree that he got it spot on. I think we road our luck. I don´t think defending is our strong point, I dont think many would think it was, so we allowed Hibs to continously test our defending throughout the game. We should have pushed up more, tried to retain possession more, and made Hivs think again about leaving so little left at the back to defend against us.

I think the thinking behind it was that our defending is more susceptible to break away goals as opposed to a concerted effort to defend. If that's the case , he got it pretty well spot on.

I would say , however , I'd prefer us to press forward more. I'm sure had it been a normal league game , and not a sudden death situation , we would have.

Think Stuart was pragmatic today, , yes we could have closed down quicker and went on the attack or we could invite them on and conserve energy for the battle's ahead, the work was done at Ibrox in this tie, the job today was to hold what we had and ensure our players were still fresh enough to beat motherwell.

Mission accomplished. :clap:

I think the thinking behind it was that our defending is more susceptible to break away goals as opposed to a concerted effort to defend. If that's the case , he got it pretty well spot on.

I would say , however , I'd prefer us to press forward more. I'm sure had it been a normal league game , and not a sudden death situation , we would have.

Perhaps you're right gmcf

Have to congratulate McCall, but I disagree that he got it spot on. I think we road our luck. I don´t think defending is our strong point, I dont think many would think it was, so we allowed Hibs to continously test our defending throughout the game. We should have pushed up more, tried to retain possession more, and made Hivs think again about leaving so little left at the back to defend against us.

Agree we rode our luck early doors but he made the switch to stifle them through the middle and it effectively snuffed out the threat.

Their goal,while a cracking finish,was down to Mohsni giving him far too much room inside the box and allowing him to turn.

If i'm McCall i'm pissed at that because that is basic defending in never allowing your man to turn.