Derry's Walls

UnionMen

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derrys Walls is THE Rangers anthem. Anyone who wishes us to.stop singing it should fuck right off

I disagree, songs like the Billy Boys & Follow Follow would be well ahead in those stakes. Btw how many of our fans that belt it out do you think could circle Derry on a UK map?

Not sure why OP posted this as it it probably isn’t the thing that’s most concerning Rangers fans today although everyone’s entitled to their view. But for those who are throwing ‘taig’ around he obviously isn’t, as one of them would not be starting a thread like this. Think about it.

Having witnessed streams of fans head for the exits before even 50 minutes on the clock at Ibrox, and plenty more shown live on BT sport walking out having went behind to Motherwell, is it time to get a new anthem?

Bit cringey anyway grown men chantin' about swords and shields.

more to worry about today than a wee song/ if you dont fancy it then fuck off and dont join in ---- right

most would circle LONDONDERRY

aye that's a good one, whit's the lyrics again? And you honestly believe they would? I reckon well over 50% of them wouldn't have a fuckin clue. Whenever i hear the sash sung people tend to just mumble after "worn at derry....". The fact of the matter is that most punters in Ibrox on a saturday afternoon don't have a fuckin clue where Aughrim is.

aye that's a good one, whit's the lyrics again? And you honestly believe they would? I reckon well over 50% of them wouldn't have a fuckin clue. Whenever i hear the sash sung people tend to just mumble after "worn at derry....". The fact of the matter is that most punters in Ibrox on a saturday afternoon don't have a fuckin clue where Aughrim is.

You sound quite bitter about your fellow Rangers fans.

You sound quite bitter about your fellow Rangers fans.

I'm not sirb, although i don't mind admitting seeing the walkouts at 0-3 did piss me off. Above all else, the matchday atmosphere matters to me most, just fucking bored joining in with DW and other pish songs about norn ire, the troubles, the seige of derry. Like i said earler, i enjoy a good sash bash from time to time but in truth it means very little to me, just hollow words about history I painstakingly studied at university. I much prefer newer tunes like 4MHAD. I also find it fuckin annoying how people get their panties in a twist when you criticise the dominance of ulster/loyalist based songs as if their fuckin lifeswork is in question.

I disagree, songs like the Billy Boys & Follow Follow would be well ahead in those stakes. Btw how many of our fans that belt it out do you think could circle Derry on a UK map?

Again not trying to argue or anything but why TBB and not DW. One version of TBB and only should be one. Altogether now

Again not trying to argue or anything but why TBB and not DW. One version of TBB and only should be one. Altogether now

Because rangers fans gave birth to the billy boys as a football chant, "we are the billy boys, youll know us by our noise", it's a common football chant but 1 we've long done better than everyone else and every other version. My favourite moment in all my days going to games was right up the very back row of the CR before Inter Milan as the players were coming out the tunnel and TBB nearly bust my ear drums, the hairs on the neck standing up.

I reckon most people don't really care too much about what they sing they just join in with whatever and go along with the atmosphere. It matters to me though. I've studied history at higher education level and still read the occasional book (reading Empire: How Britain Made the Modern World by Niall Ferguson right now, very good (tu) ), I've good alot better knowledge than your average bear when it comes to our repitoire yet I find the songs pretty hollow and irrelevant. I've never been to Northern Ireland (maybe ill visit some day). Whilste appreciate the battle of the boyne's historical significant to our current monarchy & country it's no more relevant to us than say, Dundee. Singing songs like BMG are a joke to me, County Down is not "home" to me. My father never told me to join the Young Citizen Vol. and never told me to select my firearm. I often poke fun at the tramps by calling them "plastic paddies" because the majority of them probably know the words to every stinking Rebel song going but probably haven't set foot in Ireland, and if they truly believed n the republican shite they spout would make like Mad Phil, do us all a favour and take the P&O. And to that end I don't want to be a hyprocrite by spouting tunes about the hills of county down every time I go to the game. It's funny because the tims recentyl got their panties in a bunch when squinty eyes said at a press conf. that he "irish republicanism" is not a part of Celtic FC's history (even though he and his marketing department lap up their fans bigotry). If you come on here and tell people that ulster, loyalism and the troubles isn't connected to Rangers you get the same up-in-arms response.

Because rangers fans gave birth to the billy boys as a football chant, "we are the billy boys, youll know us by our noise", it's a common football chant but 1 we've long done better than everyone else and every other version. My favourite moment in all my days going to games was right up the very back row of the CR before Inter Milan as the players were coming out the tunnel and TBB nearly bust my ear drums, the hairs on the neck standing up.

I reckon most people don't really care too much about what they sing they just join in with whatever and go along with the atmosphere. It matters to me though. I've studied history at higher education level and still read the occasional book (reading Empire: How Britain Made the Modern World by Niall Ferguson right now, very good (tu) ), I've good alot better knowledge than your average bear when it comes to our repitoire yet I find the songs pretty hollow and irrelevant. I've never been to Northern Ireland (maybe ill visit some day). Whilste appreciate the battle of the boyne's historical significant to our current monarchy & country it's no more relevant to us than say, Dundee. Singing songs like BMG are a joke to me, County Down is not "home" to me. My father never told me to join the Young Citizen Vol. and never told me to select my firearm. I often poke fun at the tramps by calling them "plastic paddies" because the majority of them probably know the words to every stinking Rebel song going but probably haven't set foot in Ireland, and if they truly believed n the republican shite they spout would make like Mad Phil, do us all a favour and take the P&O. And to that end I don't want to be a hyprocrite by spouting tunes about the hills of county down every time I go to the game. It's funny because the tims recentyl got their panties in a bunch when squinty eyes said at a press conf. that he "irish republicanism" is not a part of Celtic FC's history (even though he and his marketing department lap up their fans bigotry). If you come on here and tell people that ulster, loyalism and the troubles isn't connected to Rangers you get the same up-in-arms response.

Fuck sake lol, Never been to NI but hope to get over in the next few years(not a fan of going myself yet) and attend the walk. Its songs, it doesn't mean we do what the lyrics say do you get up to your knees in fenian blood? Also County Down may be a home to a lot of Ulster bears who attend games. Hullo Hullo

Fuck sake lol, Never been to NI but hope to get over in the next few years(not a fan of going myself yet) and attend the walk. Its songs, it doesn't mean we do what the lyrics say do you get up to your knees in fenian blood? Also County Down may be a home to a lot of Ulster bears who attend games. Hullo Hullo

UTOKIFB is just a metaphor for kickin some celtic fans cunts in. We all know that the term 'fenian' relates to irish republicanism, and TBB s a slant on our enemy. I've no issue with it. DW and so on isn't about the club nor is it having a pop at our enemy, it's relating solely to N.ire and the troubles. And indeed yes I accept that it may be 'home' to a small portion of our fan base but a tiny minority, the vast vast majority of our fans are Glasgow punters like me. I was at around 8 games this season and never encountered a single bear from across the water. Like i said, I don't mind the occasional sash bash, i don;t take it too serisouly, I just don't like how it's pretty much dominated our singing repitoire these days, DW & BMG seem to be the go to songs to get some atmosphere going, I wish we'd get something new that I can relate to, and, the vast majority of the fans could (it's just that most of them won't admit it).

UTOKIFB is just a metaphor for kickin some celtic fans cunts in. We all know that the term 'fenian' relates to irish republicanism, and TBB s a slant on our enemy. I've no issue with it. DW and so on isn't about the club nor is it having a pop at our enemy, it's relating solely to N.ire and the troubles. And indeed yes I accept that it may be 'home' to a small portion of our fan base but a tiny minority, the vast vast majority of our fans are Glasgow punters like me. I was at around 8 games this season and never encountered a single bear from across the water. Like i said, I don't mind the occasional sash bash, i don;t take it too serisouly, I just don't like how it's pretty much dominated our singing repitoire these days, DW & BMG seem to be the go to songs to get some atmosphere going, I wish we'd get something new that I can relate to, and, the vast majority of the fans could (it's just that most of them won't admit it).

Exactly, but these have been song for years and years but you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. Would keep all these songs imo. Leaving it there.