An Insight Into Warburton's Style

Am sure this a done deal already. Just waiting to be announced when King arrives in Scotland after a face to face with him and Weir.

At this point in time i cannot see any other manager coming in, it all points towards W&W IMO

I know I'm prattling on like the voice of doom

On this so understand if people want to disregard but it absolutely isn't a done deal in fact I don't think it's any further on that the early prelim talks . From what I'm told there hadn't even been a formal offer .

I've read enough about Warburton to know we'll make a mistake by not offering him the job. He seems to have enough money to not ask us for/accept an irresponsible wage *cough* mccoist *cough*.

There is no other publicly rumoured candidate who comes close.

If we don't get him, and it's down to wage demands, I'll accept that, but there is no other reason why he should not be given the job today.

Agreed if that article is even half accurate he is exactly what is needed and anything other that McCoist level greed (or maybe being one of them) should not stop his appointment.

I know I'm prattling on like the voice of doom

On this so understand if people want to disregard but it absolutely isn't a done deal in fact I don't think it's any further on that the early prelim talks . From what I'm told there hadn't even been a formal offer .

Some source (even if a little vague) would make your post more interesting, so come on mate, flesh this out a bit. You know it makes sense. (tu)

Warburton for me, he ticks the boxes for what he achieved on a small budget at Brentford, he is young and enthusiastic and obviously likes the ball played from the back and on the deck.

Getting Brentford to the playoffs in the championship(imo the most competitive league about)is a far better achievement than winning a 1 horse race in Scotland.

I'm convinced if he is allowed to make his Mark over the team we will make up ground on the dhims a lot quicker than expected.

I like the sound of playing triangles snd shooting from distance.

Watched Brentford a few times last season and it seemed like the guy Pritchard was told to test the keeper whenever he got in range.

“I’m not quite sure he was The Wolf of Wall Street but the lessons and disciplines learned as a trader stood him in good stead as his 
attention to detail is amazing. Mark arrived at the Brentford training ground every morning at 5.30am, three hours before everyone else, and his planning was meticulous."

This is the sort of work ethic needed from a Rangers manager, to inspire the squad which we desperately need.

“I’m not quite sure he was The Wolf of Wall Street but the lessons and disciplines learned as a trader stood him in good stead as his 
attention to detail is amazing. Mark arrived at the Brentford training ground every morning at 5.30am, three hours before everyone else, and his planning was meticulous."

This is the sort of work ethic needed from a Rangers manager, to inspire the squad which we desperately need.

The thing is you can't really expect a manager to give up family time etc for that if he's already in at a decent time or whatever, however this says a massive amount about the pride that Warburton takes in his job, it's like Beckham and Ronaldo staying behind to perfect their technique after training when it's not expected of them.

Folk like that always tend to excel at their job, so I'll have some of that!

Warburtons a risk. Any manager with radical philosophy changes is going to be.

However I like Warburtons credentials. I like the fact he hasn't came through the traditional path, and effectively has taught himself to become a football manager, bringing a fresh perspective and life experience to the living in a bubble world of football. The fact he's got anywhere in football given his background is proof for me he must have something about him..... can he survive the expectation and goldfish nature of managing Rangers though?

If it's to be Warburton, we've got to back him. We can't do a Le Guen, and turn on him when it isn't going well. We've got to back him with money and support.

However... unlike Le Guen, he'll have 2 seasons of relative grace provided he's doing at least OK, and there's a sense the club's going forward. The championship should be won, and it would we a tall ask to expect the premiership on our return, a credible showing would be enough. Season 3 is where we are building for, that's when the league can realistically be expected.

He will get plenty of backing if he brings improvement to the team and we start to win the important games again. If, like PLG and Ally, he hasn't a clue how to build a solid defensive unit and we start leaking goals and losing games, he will suffer the same fate.

Sounded good at the time when his name was banned about, however was sceptical and was hoping for a more seasoned manager and it felt too much of a gamble going for him or Cathro.

But, after reading all the stuff about him and his work ethic, attention to detail, philosophy of football, the sports science and analytical work he does really does excite me and really hope we get him.

Sounds like the task at rangers would excite him and certainly would offer a massive yet phenomenal project to let him get his teeth into. He could transform our club given the autonomy to do so.