Auchenhowie Investment

AlBear.

The way it's described in Wiki sounds pretty sufficient for a top youth development academy to me to be honest. Separate facilities for the youths and such like, on top of there being more than enough pitch space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murray_Park

its more the requirement for living space and schooling space that im meaning, they could try and alter auchenhowie but id rather we just went and built a brand spanking youth academy, dorms, everything from scratch, make it right from the word go

we dont have a chance of convincing the best youths from all over the country to develop at rangers if they need to travel for hours just to get here, especially when they have spent all day at school

its more the requirement for living space and schooling space that im meaning, they could try and alter auchenhowie but id rather we just went and built a brand spanking youth academy, dorms, everything from scratch, make it right from the word go

we dont have a chance of convincing the best youths from all over the country to develop at rangers if they need to travel for hours just to get here, especially when they have spent all day at school

Seems quite alot of money to build a whole new thing when it's fine apart from some dorms. Didn't we used to put them up in rented rooms in Milngavie?

It has a separate wing for the youths. Iirc there were 3 or 4 different changing rooms for different age groups. There was also a weatherproof pitch , outwith the indoor arena , a first team training pitch as well as 6 or so pitches further away for the younger age groups. Unless it's changed since I worked on it.

It's already prepared for youths . All we need now is them getting the right training.

Yeah. Seems pretty good to me.

Auchenhowie was never built to be a state of the art youth facility, it was a top class training facility that our youths used along with the first team

Incorrect. It was built as a training centre AND to produce exceptional youth players. The vision was that it would fund itself in the long term.

In the medium-term we should really be aiming for around 20 - 25% of the first team squad being produced from the youth set up. Some of the OP's rightly say that to produce quality youth talent capable of stepping up, you need quality coaching.. ...

This will cost money initially, and take some time I suspect, but personally I see this as another way of making the club/team sustainable going forward. We can't go back to buying teams in their entirety.

If he does what he says about the youth then great, but I will wait for him to do something before doing cartwheels.

Looking at him today made me think he was just saying just what he could get away with to sell season tickets. I hope I am wrong, but at the moment I cannot trust him, sorry if that upsets anyone. :)

So on the off chance we produce an exceptional sellable youth or two we spent 20m plus on a brand new facility, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and the money to build that would magic itself from where?

iirc from the odd time i was there and from when it was built, it was designed purely as a first class training facility for the first team, dick advocaat got murray to build it because he seen just how bad our pre auchenhowie facilites were at times of the year

the youths get great benefit from it as the facilities should be top notch if they are well maintained, but its shy of being an actual youth academy

it maybe could be changed and altered to focus more on the academy side of things, but given the first team use it as well they might as well just build an actual academy,

if we were serious of finding and developing the best of the best of the best, id love to see us build a smaller type auchenhowie then use the other space for classrooms and dormitories, have the youths eat, sleep and breath football, away from the habits of glasgow social life

The bottom paragraph here is spot on agree 100% with this.